We are back with our October 2021 edition of Bazooka which is our monthly current affairs magazine. In this free PDF we give all information related to international and state affairs, finance & banking, reports & indices, important days etc. Current Affairs as all the aspirants know is an important section to crack and one must stay updated. We provide Bazooka edition on a monthly basis in order to keep the candidates updated. Download this free PDF and stay updated and well prepared for the upcoming exams including SBI PO, IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk etc.
Features of Bazooka October 2021 Edition
- NATIONAL AFFAIRS
- STATES AFFAIRS
- INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
- REPORTS & INDICES
- GOVERNMENT SCHEMES & PROGRAMMES
- ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- FINANCE & BANKING
- AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
- PERSON IN NEWS
- IMPORTANT DAYS
Bazooka October 2021 Edition – What is Included?
- Maharashtra government has recently launched a mobile application named ‘Digital Baramati Umbrella App‘ to provide all citizen-centric facilities at a single click to residents of Baramati in the Pune district in Maharashtra. It is a collection of apps for various needs.
- The app is financially supported by ICICI Foundation and is developed by Unnati Digital Pvt Ltd.
- The CSIR’s Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT) has recently introduced cinnamon cultivation in Himachal Pradesh on a pilot basis. With this, Himachal Pradesh has become the first state to start organized cultivation of cinnamon.
- Rajasthan government has recently launched ‘Mukhyamantri Paryatan Udyog Sambal Yojana-2021’ to provide relief to the entrepreneurs of the tourism and hospitality sector affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh will become the first Indian city to use ropeway services in public transportation. With this, India will be the third country in the world after Bolivia and Mexico City, to have a ropeway for public transport.
- Fumio Kishida, former foreign minister, has recently been appointed as the 100th Prime Minister of Japan. He has succeeded Yoshihide Suga.
- Earth observation satellite, Landsat 9 has been successfully launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California. It is a joint mission of the US Geological Survey (USGS) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- It will monitor the Earth’s land surface and will help in studying climate change.
- India has recently hosted the 2nd edition of the world’s largest virtual fintech fest named ‘Global FinTech Festival’ (GFF) 2021. The event has been presented by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and organised by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Fintech Convergence Council (FCC) of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- The World Bank and United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) are the institutional partners of the summit.
- The theme of the summit is “FinTech: Empowering a Global Digital Economy”. Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the summit as the Chief Guest.
- The World Expo 2020 has been held in Dubai, UAE from 1st October 2021 to 31st March 2022. The theme of the Dubai Expo 2020 is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”.
- The Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) has recently signed a more than $ 700 million build-operate-transfer agreement with Adani Group and John Keells Holdings to develop the Western Container Terminal of the Port of Colombo (POC). The agreement will remain valid for 35 years.
Economy & Business
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) has recently constituted an expert committee to recommend an approach towards the development of sustainable finance hubs in IFSC. The 10-member committee will be headed by C.K. Mishra.
- Amazon India has recently announced the launch of Amazon Future Engineer, its global computer science education programme in India. The objective is to provide quality computer science education and career opportunities for students from underrepresented and underserved communities.
- Paytm has recently acquired a 100% stake in Mumbai-based digital lending start-up CreditMate. With this, Paytm Group will become the 100% beneficial owners of the business, while the co-founders of CreditMate will exit the business.
- World Bank has recently retained India’s GDP forecast for FY22 to 8.3% from its earlier estimate in June 2021.
Books & Authors
- Wole Soyinka has authored a new book titled “Chronicles from the Land of the Happiest People on Earth”. He is Africa’s first Nobel laureate in Literature (1986). His debut novel ‘The Interpreters’ was published in 1965.
- He wrote his last novel ‘Season of Anomy’ in 1973.
- Former Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Ranjit Rae has recently authored his debut book titled “Kathmandu Dilemma: Resetting India-Nepal Ties”. The book has been published by Vintage Books, Penguin Random House.
- Jaithirth Rao, also known as Jerry Rao, has recently authored a book titled “Economist Gandhi: The Roots and the Relevance of the Political Economy of the Mahatma”. It has been published by Penguin Random House.
Read More by downloading the Bazooka July2021 edition by clicking the link below.
This brings us to the end of the article. For more such monthly current affairs PDFs, download all previous editions from here.