The much awaited Bazooka edition for the month of August 2021 is right here. This monthly current affairs magazine shall give all the candidates a fair idea as how to prepare specifically for the current affairs for the upcoming exams. It is one of the best guide or magazine you can say for all the aspirants those who would like to prepare well for the current affairs section. We consistently provide this monthly magazine to the aspirants so that they stay updated with all the latest happenings both nationally and internationally.
When it comes to banking exams motly urrent affairs of past 6 to 7 months are asked in the examination thus, our motive is to prepare the aspirants beforehand for this. In order to stay updated with the latest happenings all you have to do is download the monthly Bazooka editions and start preparing from the same on a regular basis. Current Affairs is soemthing that cannot be simply be crammed in one single day, rather it needs consistent effort and time. So, here we are for the candidates the Bazooka edition for August 2021. Download August and other months Bazooka by clicking on the link given below:
Features of Bazooka August 2021 Edition
- NATIONAL AFFAIRS
- STATES AFFAIRS
- INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
- REPORTS & INDICES
- GOVERNMENT SCHEMES & PROGRAMMES
- ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- FINANCE & BANKING
- AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
- PERSON IN NEWS
- IMPORTANT DAYS
Monthly Current Affairs – What is Included?
- Karnataka has become the first state in the country to provide 1% horizontal reservation for the transgender in each category of general, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) for all government services.
- Meghalaya State Investment Promotion (MSIP) Society has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Invest India, an investment promotion agency under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to promote the trade and industries of Meghalaya.
- Krishikarna project, a joint initiative of State Agri Horticultural Society (SAHS), Sustainable Foundation, and Qore3 Innovations, was launched in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala to promote hi-tech farming.
- Under the project, a mini polyhouse (a type of greenhouse) will be set up on 2.5 cents of land at a cost of Rs 2.35 lakh.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has sanctioned loans worth USD 112 million to finance Urban Water Supply Infrastructure Projects in 4 towns (Ranchi, Hussainabad, Jhumri Telaiya and Medininagar) of Jharkhand. This is the ADB’s 1st urban sector project in Jharkhand.
- The government of Assam, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and the Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to assist the execution of various development projects in Assam.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Himanta Biswa Sarma, Chief Minister of Assam and Ajanta Neog, Finance Minister of Assam.
- The MoU will facilitate Rs 13,200 crore investment for infrastructure development across various sectors including the education sector.
Government Schemes & Programmes
- In order to provide weather forecasts for farmers, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) is all set to install Agro-Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) at 200 District Agromet Units (DAMUs) located in Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) network.
- These AWSs will be used for augmenting block level Agromet Advisory Services (AAS) under Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa (GKMS) scheme.
- The Government of India (GoI) has signed a US $250 million loan agreement with the World Bank (WB) for the Second Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP-2) Phase II, the world’s largest dam management program. The agreement is the 1st phase of ‘DRIP Phase II and Phase III’.
- The loan will be provided from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the lending arm of WB Group and it has a maturity of 13 years with a grace period of 6 years.
- DRIP Phase II will provide financial support to the GoI’s long-term National Dam Safety Program and improve the safety and performance of existing dams across various states of India.
- The agreement was between the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Central Water Commission (CWC), representatives of 10 participating states (Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu) and the WB.
- Virendra Kumar, the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment has launched a ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App under the scheme PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana to ease the access of skill development schemes by the target groups.
- The portal and app were developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E), in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
- PM-DAKSH Yojana is the National Action Plan launched by the MoSJ&E in 2020-21 for skilling the target group.
- ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal: The portal will have all information related to skill development for the target groups and provide direct access for them to register under the portal with the training institute and program of their own interest.
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla, Founder and Chairman of the Serum Institute of India (SII), Pune has been selected for Lokmanya Tilak National Award, 2021.
- Poonawalla will be honoured for his work during the COVID-19 pandemic by manufacturing Covishield vaccine and thereby saving many lives.
- The Highest sporting honour of India, “Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award”, has been renamed as “Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award” in honour of the hockey Wizard Dhyan Chand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that the renaming was based on the request from the citizens across India to name the Khel Ratna Award after Dhyan Chand
- The Information Technology, Electronics and Communication(ITE&C) Department of the Government of Telangana has won the AI GameChanger Award 2021 for the implementation of the ‘Crowd Monitoring using AI’ scheme.
- The winners of the awards were announced at the Xperience AI Summit 2021 organised by the National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM).
- The award is presented by the NASSCOM in collaboration with Microsoft (Innovation partner) and Deloitte (Knowledge partner).
Read More by downloading the Bazooka July2021 edition by clicking the link below.
This brings us to the end of the article. For more such monthly current affairs PDFs, download all previous editions from here.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- Download Free Study Material Here