RBI Assistant 2020 notification was out on 23rd Dec, 2019 and yesterday that is 20th Jan 2020 was the last date for the online application submission. So, we hope that candidates those who all are willing to take the exam must have submitted the online application yesterday. So, since the last day of online submission is over, its now time to move onto formulating a preparation strategy for the same. The RBI Assistant Prelims exam is scheduled for February 14 & 15, 2020, so here we are discussing RBI Assistant English preparation tips so that a candidate can crack the exam in the very first attempt.
Before moving further, we will have to first analyse the exam pattern of RBI Assistant 2020 Prelims. Mentioned below is the exam pattern:
RBI Assistant Prelims 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Objective Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
Knowing the syllabus in order to formulate a well thought of preparation strategy is equally important. Some of the common topics through which questions are asked in the exam are:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Idioms & Phrases
- Vocabulary etc…
Let’s take up these topics one by one in detail.
questions from this section often varies from Easy to Moderate. In order to do the best in this section here are the tips below:
- Reading habit for this is a must. Daily reading of newspaper will surely help.
- Before reading the passage, read the questions first
- Most of the questions will be asked either from vocabulary or antonyms and synonyms. Make your vocabulary strong by following our vocabulary articles that are being published on a regular basis.
- Reading the first and the last paragraph of the passage may give you the gist of the passage and it may save you some time.
- Basic grammatical rules used in cloze test and error spotting will help you to do this section easily.
- Skip time consuming questions
Fill in the Blanks
Usually you will find few questions on this topic in the RBI Assistant exam. given below are few tips to prepare this section well.
- Don’t hurry in filling the gaps, read it at least twice as this will give you a basic idea of the sentence.
- Try and fill the blank first without looking at the options.
- After filling the blank, re read the sentence and check whether the sentence now represents complete meaning or not.
- Strong vocabulary is what is required in order to get through this section.
Cloze Test and Error Spotting
- Reading newspaper is a must
- Proper understanding of the basic grammar rules is important
- Try out sample comprehensions. Attempt mock tests to grab a better idea about how to attempt this section in a timely manner.
- Para Jumble questions can be easily solved with a sound knowledge of grammar.
- The very first thing is to identify the opening sentence of the paragraph and doing so will help you in solving this type of question.
- Another step is to identify the closing sentence.
- Identifying the mandatory pairs is important
- Practice few questions related to this and you will be able to solve these. Mock tests will give you a good idea.
Sentence Rearrangement & Odd one Out
In this type of question both the concepts of sentence re-arrangement and odd one out can be checked. Follow the below mentioned tips in order to do well in these kinds of questions:
- The sentence is broken into parts and is all jumbled up, so firstly you would have to arrange it to form a coherent and meaningful sentence.
- After arranging the sentence then you need to figure the odd one out.
- Be prepared for these new types of questions by taking mock tests on a regular basis as mock tests are curated well keeping in mind the latest exam patterns.
The more you practice mock tests the more you will get well versed with the topics and concepts coming in the RBI Assistant 2020 Prelims exam. Just remember that whatever question comes up in English language section it will check only 3 aspects including vocabulary, grammar and comprehension. Be well prepared with these and you are sorted. Here are some more RBI Assistant 2020 preparation tips.
Since, less than a month is left for the RBI Assistant 2020 exam to commence start your preparation now and beat the crowd by clearing the exam in the first attempt. Here are few more important articles related to RBI Assistant 2020 exam:
- RBI Assistant Prelims- A 30-Day Study Plan
- RBI Assistant 2020- Quants Syllabus & Prep Strategy
- RBI Assistant 2020 Prelims- Reasoning Syllabus & Preparation Strategy
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"