SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2023
All the aspirants who want to participate in SBI PO 2023 have to clear SBI PO Eligibility Criteria only then they can be eligible to fill the application form. Those aspirants who do not fulfill eligibility criteria, can not appear for the SBI PO 2023 exam. Any candidate who wants to be on the post of Probationary Officer (PO), s/he has to fulfill this eligibility criteria to be able to take and clear this exam.
Let's have a look at all factors related to SBI PO Eligibility in this blog. It would Include Age Limit & Age relaxation, Educational qualification, Nationality. Any candidate having a Bachelor degree and age between 21 to 30 years can apply for SBI PO 2023 exam and can fill the application form.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria Highlights
Some important points related to SBI PO Exam are mentioned below.
|Particulars||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2023 Details|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation or any equivalent degree|
|Age limit||21 to 30 years|
|Age Relaxation||SC/ST: 5 years|
|OBC (NCL): 3 years|
|The number of attempts||UR/EWS: 4|
|SC/ST: No Limit|
SBI PO Eligibility 2023
State Bank of India releases the eligibility criteria of SBI PO in official notification PDF so that candidates can know whether they can proceed with the process of filling the application form of SBI PO or not. After candidates have filled application forms, they can start preparing for preliminary exam, main exam and interview.
Let us take a closer look at the SBI PO eligibility criteria for 2023, which are stated below.
- Age limit
- Educational qualification
- Number of attempts
- Age relaxation
- Persons with disabilities PWD
SBI PO 2023 Age Limit
Candidates who are applying for the SBI PO Exam 2023 should examine the age restriction that has been established for them. There will be a minimum and maximum age limit, both of which must be met by the candidates.
Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 to be considered. Candidates under the age of 21 years and over the age of 30 years will be ineligible for the position of SBI Probationary Officer (PO) 2023.
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
There is also some flexibility of the upper age limit, which varies depending on the category. Please see the table below for a better understanding of the Age Relaxation for the SBI PO 2023.
|Category||SBI PO Age Relaxation Limit|
|General Category||0 years|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Personal with disabilities Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|Persons with disabilities (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Persons with disabilities (Other Backward Classes)||13 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel), Commissioned officers, Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs)||5 years|
Please note that there are some additional eligibility requirements for applicants who are not qualified for the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) 2023 position indicated below in addition to the above qualifying criteria.
- Applicants with a history of defaulting on loan repayments, a CIBIL poor report, or credit card dues are ineligible to apply for the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) post.
- Applicants with a history of moral turpitude, improper character, or antecedents are ineligible as well.
SBI PO 2023 Nationality Criteria
Now for the SBI 2023 Nationality Criteria for the position of Probationary Officer (PO), which are as follows:
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Applicants must be Nepali or Bhutan nationals.
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962, with the purpose of establishing a permanent residence.
SBI PO 2023 Educational Qualification (as on 31.12.2023)
Applicants who are aspiring to apply for the SBI PO exam must meet one or more of the educational requirements specified below.
- A degree in any discipline from a recognised university or any equivalent qualification recognised by the Central Government is required of all applicants.
- On a provisional basis, applicants who are in their final year/semester of graduation are also eligible to apply for the SBI PO. However, if they are called for an interview, they must present documentation of having passed the graduation.
- Candidates with an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should check the official website https://bank.sbi/web/careers to confirm that the date of IDD graduation matches the SBI PO notice.
- Candidates having a Chartered Accountant degree also are eligible to apply for the SBI PO position.