The Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB) is one of the Scheduled State Cooperative Banks incorporated under the Orissa Cooperative Societies Act on 2nd April, 1948. Since its inception, the Bank has been playing a pivotal role in transforming the agrarian economy of the State by catering to the credit requirement of the farm families. The Bank leads the Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS) in Odisha comprising 2709 PACS (including 212 LAMPS and 6 FSS) at the grassroots level, 17 District Central Cooperative Banks (with 323 Branches) at the middle tier. The Bank has facilitated enrollment of 53.69 lakh agricultural families from out of about 55 lakh agricultural families in the State covering 97.6% of the families. As a State partnered Bank, the OSCB has been implementing various plans and programmes of the State Government meant for agriculture production and productivity with rural development. The Bank has a network of 14 Branches spread across the State and it has been supporting the Central Cooperative Banks with its 323 Branches to consolidate the Short Term Cooperative Credit Structure.
OSCB Banking Assistant Exam 2022
Odisha State Cooperative Bank Limited (OSCB) has released an official notification on its website on 22nd December 2021. It has invited online applications from eligible candidates for filling Banking assistants and assistant managers (Grade 2) posts. The OSCB has declared a total of 725 posts for OSCB Recruitment 2021-22, out of which 423 are for Banking Assistant Grade-II officers. It will conduct a preliminary exam for recruitment on 13th March 2022. Continue reading this guide to know all relevant information regarding OSCB recruitment 2022, like important dates, application fees, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc., as mentioned on the OSCB Banking Assistant Recruitment Notification.
OSCB Banking Assistant Exam Mock Test
The OSCB Banking Assistant has the following features:
- The OSCB Banking Assistant online test series consists of 10 sets of prelims and 5 sets of mains mock tests for practice
- All Mock Tests for OSCB Banking Assistant Exam are prepared as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- These mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts
- Analyze your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
OSCB Banking Assistant Recruitment Notification: Overview
The table below provides an overview of the OSCB Recruitment 2022 for candidates.
|Name of Organization||Odisha State Cooperative Bank Ltd. (OSCB)|
|Post Name||Banking Assistance Grade-II|
|Category||Banking Jobs in the District Central Co-op Banks|
|Official Site||OSCB (odishascb.com)|
OSCB Banking Assistant Recruitment Notification: Important Dates
|Notification Released Date||21st December 2021|
|Starting Date for Online Registration||29th December 2021|
|Last Date for Online Registration||17th January 2022|
|Date for Payment of Application Fee||29th December 2021 to 17th January 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||24th February 2022|
|Online Preliminary Exam Date||13th March 2022|
|Online Mains Exam Date||Tentatively in April or May 2022|
OSCB Banking Assistant Vacancies 2022
The OSCB has declared 725 vacancies for recruitment in 2022, out of which 423 are for Banking Assistance and 182 for Assistant Manager. See the table below to know the vacancy distribution for the District Co-operative Central Banks in Odisha.
|Name of the Bank||Number of Vacancies|
The category-wise distribution for 423 vacancies is as follows:
- Unreserved: 214
- ST: 109
- Sc: 79
- SEBC (OBC): 21
Special Recruitment for Backlog Vacancies
|Sl. No||Name of the Bank||Number of Vacancies|
The category-wise distribution for 47 backlog vacancies is as follows:
- Unreserved: 0
- ST: 25
- SC: 19
- SEBC (OBC): 3
OSCB Banking Assistant Exam 2022 - Eligibility Criteria
The candidate has to be a resident of Odisha State regardless of the geographical or operational area of the District Co-operative Central Banks.
To apply for OSCB Banking Assistance jobs, the candidate must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized University. They must also have proficiency in computer applications.
Age Limit (as of 01.01.2020)
- Minimum: 21 years (not born before 02.01. 1988)
- Maximum: 32 Years (not born after 01.01.199)
OSCB Banking Assistant Exam Apply Online
The OSBC will accept the candidates' online applications from 29th December 2021 to 17th January 2022. The application process is entirely online. Interested candidates must fill their application on the link available on OSBC's official website. Follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below to fill your application form at ease:
- Visit OSBC's official website.
- Search for the "Apply for Baking Assistant" link on the home page.
- Click on New Registration.
- After filling in all details, click submit.
- You will get registration no. and password via the mail.
- Log in again using the same.
- Fill in all the details in the OSCB online application form and upload all required documents and photographs.
- Pay the Application Fee (if applicable) through net banking, credit/debit card, UPI, bank challan, etc.
- Re-check all your details, then click for the Final Submission.
- Take a printout of the OSCB application form for future references.
Candidates must submit a fee while filling out their application form from 29th December 2021 to 17th January 2022. Failing to do so, the OSCB will reject their application. The application fee for OSCB recruitment 2022 is as follows.
- Unreserved/SEBC Category: Rs. 1000
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 600
OSCB Banking Assistant Exam Points to Remember:
Before filling out the application form, the candidates must keep the following things ready:
- Scanned photograph of size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- Signature with black pen (not in bold letters)
- Left thumb impression on white paper with blue/black ink
- A handwritten declaration on white paper with a black pen
All the scanned documents must meet the pre-set specification mentioned in the notification.
OSCB Banking Assistant 2022 Selection Process
The selection process followed by the OSCB involves the following stages:
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Mains Examination
Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||Maximum Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
Mains Exam Pattern
|Section||Maximum marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|General & Financial Awareness||40||40||30 min|
|General English||40||40||40 min|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||35 min|
Both prelims and mains are computer-based MCQ exams. Each question will have 4 options.
The OSCB follows a negative marking scheme, in which it will deduct 0.25 marks for each wrong answer and give 1 mark for every correct answer. However, there is no deduction in case of unanswered questions.
OSCB Banking Assistant Syllabus
Let's take a look at the OSCB Banking Assistant Syllabus 2022 section-by-section:
- Active and Passive Voice
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
- Joining Sentences
- Para Completion
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Test
- Spotting Errors
- Boats and Streams
- Compound Interest
- Indices and Surds
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Numbers and Ages
- Odd Man Out
- Permutations and Combinations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Problems on LCM and HCF
- Problems on Numbers
- Problems on Trains
- Profit and Loss
- Quadratic Equations
- Races and Games
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Equations
- Simple Interest
- Simplification and Approximation
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work Partnership
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Analytical Reasoning
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Completion Incomplete Pattern
- Construction of Squares and Triangles
- Cubes and Dice
- Data Sufficiency
- Direction Sense Test
- Dot Situation
- Eligibility Test
- Figure Matrix
- Forming figures and analysis
- Identical figure groupings
- Mirror Images
- Missing Characters
- Operations of Mathematics
- Paper Cutting
- Paper Folding
- Puzzle Test
- Rules Detection
- Sequential Output training
- Series Completion
- Situation Reaction Test
- Spotting embedded figures
- Test on Alphabets
- Venn Diagrams
- Verification of truth of the Statement
- Water Images
- Word Sequence
General/ Finance Awareness
- Capital market in India
- Concept of Budget
- Current Events – National & International
- Economic Planning
- Finance Commissions
- Financial and Railway Budget
- Functions of Banks
- Indian Banking Industry History
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
- IT & Space etc
- Money Market in India
- National Income
- Public Finance
- RBI and its Monetary Policy
- Revenue of Central Government
- Role of Banking.
- Schemes and Policies implemented by Government
- Science & Technology
- Taxes on Income and Expenditure
- Types of Banks
OSCB Banking Assistant Cut-Off and Result
The OSBC will prepare the cut-off lists and results after each exam and a final cut-off list and final result. It will prepare the cut-off list based on the scores, difficulty level of the exams, and equated scores. They will call the qualifying candidates for the job only after they clear both stages and document verification.
This guide has all relevant details from the OSCB Banking Assistant Recruitment Notification. We advise all eligible candidates to frequently check the official website or our guide to stay up-to-date on the latest exam information.