IBPS RRB Office Assistant Overview
Banking is one of the most sought-after career options in present times. If you want to start your banking career, IBPS RRB Clerk exam is one of the great opportunities. A banking career offers an excellent salary, perks, job security, fast growth, and the right work-life balance. Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam to recruit Officer Assistants in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. Office Assistants are responsible for responding to emails, taking phone calls, verifying documents, and handling packages of importance. IBPS RRB Clerk is a fantastic chance for candidates who want to serve as clerks in Regional Rural Banks. Candidates can appear as many times as they want, but there is an age limit. There is no limit for the number of attempts in IBPS RRB Clerk. IBPS RRB Clerk attracts thousands of candidates. IBPS RRB Clerk Exam is conducted in 2 phases i.e. Preliminary & Mains.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2023 – Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||01.06.2023 to 21.06.2023|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||01.06.2023 to 21.06.2023|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training||10.07.2023|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||17.07.2023 to 22.07.2023|
|Download of call letters for online examination— Preliminary||July/ August, 2023|
|Online Examination— Preliminary||August 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 2023|
|Result of Online exam— Preliminary||September 2023|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam— Main||September 2023|
|Online Examination— Main||September 2023|
|Provisional Allotment||January 2024|
IBPS RRB Assistant 2023 Vacancy
The IBPS RRB Assistant 2023 vacancy has been released. This year the number of vacancies is below:
- RRB Clerk: 5538 Vacancies
Here are the details:
|PwBD (Out of Which)||628|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam Pattern
Aspirants who applied for IBPS RRB office Assistant will be shortlisted on the basis of the Prelims and Mains Exam. Aspirants must obtain the cut-offs in each test of the Online Main examination to be considered to be shortlisted for provisional allotment.The exams will be held through online mode and it will be of objective type only.On the basis of marks obtained in the mains exam final selection will be done.
All sections of this exam (except the English Language section & Hindi Language section) will be bilingual i.e. English & Hindi. In this recruitment process of IBPS RRB Clerk the sectional as well as overall cutoffs will be considered. And, for every wrong answer their will be a deduction of 1/4th marks
Since this examination is for the post of office assistant, the selection process does not consist of an interview stage.The selection is based on 2 stages of the online exam, the details of which are given below.
- IBPS RRB office assistant Prelims
- IBPS RRB office assistant Mains
IBPS RRB Clerk Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
The Candidates applying for IBPS RRB Clerk prelims Exam need to solve 80 questions within a time limit of 45 minutes. The Candidates must keep in mind that there will be negative marking of 1/4th mark. The following table is the prelims exam pattern:
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite of 45 mins|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
The Candidates shortlisted for IBPS RRB Clerk mains Exam need to solve 200 questions within a time limit of 2 hours. 40 questions will be asked from each section and there will be 5 sections in IBPS RRB office assistant mains exam.Aspirants must keep in mind that there will be a negative marking of 1/4th of the marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||50||Composite of 2 Hours|
Each candidate will be required to clear both sectional as well as overall cutoffs in the main exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate applying shall ensure that, they maintain a healthy Credit history and shall have a minimum CIBIL score of 650 or above at the time of joining of RRBs. The minimum credit score will be as per the policy of participating RRBs, amended from time to time.
- Those candidates whose CIBIL status has not been updated before the date of joining, have to either get the CIBIL status updated or produce the NOCs from lender to the effect that there is no outstanding with respect to the accounts adversely reflected in the CIBIL, failing which the letter of offer shall be withdrawn / cancelled.
NOTE: Candidates with no bank account shall not be required to produce the CIBIL status.
IBPS RRB Clerk: Nationality Criteria
To be eligible for IBPS RRB 2023 exam candidate must be:
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibet refugee who came to India with the intention of permanently settling in India before January 1,1962 or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, , Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire,and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv), (v) and above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Indian Government.
IBPS RRB Clerk: Educational Qualification Criteria
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/should have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT: Candidates should know how to read/write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT for which a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
IBPS RRB Clerk: Age Limit Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for IBPS RRB Clerk are as follows:
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 28 years
Aspirants should not have been born earlier than 02.06.1995 and later than 01.06.2005 (both dates inclusive)
IBPS RRB Clerk: PwD Candidates Criteria
Under section 34 of "The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016", persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. This category includes candidates with the following disabilities:
A. "OC" category:
A person's inability to execute distinctive activities associated with movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of musculoskeletal or nervous system or both, including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy and Acid Attack Victims. Orthopedically challenged persons are covered under locomotor disability with following benchmark:
a. "Leprosy cured person" means a person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from:
i. Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity;
ii. Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
iii. extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him/her from undertaking any gainful occupation, and the expression "leprosy cured" shall be construed accordingly;
B. Visual Impairment ("VI" Category): Only those Visually Impaired (VI) persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions, after best correction, are eligible to apply.
i. Total absence of sight; OR
ii. Visual acuity less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible correction; OR
iii. Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 10 degree. OR 6 b. Low Vision:
i. Visual acuity not exceeding 6/18 or less than 20/60 upto 3/60 or upto 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible corrections; OR
ii. Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 40 degree up to 10 degree.
C. Hearing Impaired ("HI" Category):
a. Deaf: means person having 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
b. Hard of Hearing: means person having 60 DB to 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
D. "ID" Category:
Only those persons, who suffer from any one of the following types of disabilities, are eligible to apply under this category:
1. Intellectual disability.
a. "Autism Spectrum Disorder" (ASD) means a neuro-developmental condition typically appearing in the first three years of life that significantly affects a person's ability to communicate, understand relationships and relate to others, and is frequently associated with unusual or stereotypical rituals or behaviors.
b. "Specific Learning Disability" (SLD) means a heterogeneous group of conditions wherein there is a deficit in processing language, spoken or written, that may manifest itself as a difficulty to comprehend, speak, read, write, spell, or to do mathematical calculations and includes such conditions as perceptual disabilities, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and developmental aphasia.
c. "Mental Illness" (MI) means a substantial disorder of thinking, mood, perception, orientation or memory that grossly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognise reality or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life, but does not include retardation which is a condition of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person, specially characterised by sub normality of intelligence
2. "Multiple Disabilities" means multiple disabilities amongst clause "A"; "B"; "C"; "D (1)". Note: Only those persons with benchmark disabilities would be eligible for reservation. "Benchmark disability" means a person with not less than 40% of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes the persons with disability, where disability has been defined in a measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. A person who wants to avail benefit of reservation will have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as per Government of India guidelines. Such certificates will be subject to verification/ re-verification as may be decided by the competent authority. The allocation of reserved vacancies for the persons with benchmark disabilities will be as prescribed in the "The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016" and as per actual vacancies reported to IBPS by the RRBs.
IBPS RRB Clerk: EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Criteria
1. Persons who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations to the Scheduled Castes, the Schedule Tribes and the Other Backward Classes and whose family has gross annual income below Rs.8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. and it will be income for the financial year prior to the year of application. Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWSs, irrespective of the family income:
i.) 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above;
ii.) Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
iii.) Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv.) Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
2. The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places / cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status. 3. The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate's claim as belonging to EWS. The candidates shortlisted for document verification/interview shall be required to bring the requisite certificate as specified by the Government of India at the time of appearing for the process of document verification/interview. 4. The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years. 5. The instructions issued by the Government of India in this regard from time to time shall be adhered to.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Application Process
Prerequisites to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk Online
Before applying for IBPS RRB Clerk online, candidates should,
- Scan their signature and photographs. The candidate must ensure that both the photograph (4.5 cms x 3.5 cms) and signature adhere to the specifications mentioned.
- CAPITAL LETTERS signature will not be accepted
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make the online payment.
- Must have a valid personal email ID. This should be maintained till the completion of the recruitment process.
Aspirants should be ready with the above mentioned information before applying for IBPS RRB Clerk Application Form.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
The payment for IBPS RRB Clerk application form must be made online.
- Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
- Rs. 850 /- for all others.
Mode of Payment
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Application Fees can be paid in the online mode only through following mediums:
- Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)
- Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)
- Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
How to Apply for IBPS RRB Assistant Exam Online
Here are the steps to apply for IBPS RRB Assistant exam
- Step1 - Go to www.ibps.in website
- Step 2 - Click on the homepage
- Step 3 - Open 'CRP for RRBs' and click 'Click here to apply online for CRP RRBs Officer Assistants (Multipurpose) to open the online application form.
- Step 4 - Click on 'Click here for new registration' and register by entering the necessary information. A provisional registration number and password is displayed on the screen. Note this down. The registration number and password is sent through SMS and Email.
- Step 5 - Upload photograph and signature as per specifications
- Step 6 - Indicate state for provisional allotment.
- Step 7 - Before submitting use 'save and next' to verify and modify details if required
- Step 8 - Hit the 'Final Submit' button once you have verified your details
- Step 9 - Pay the fee/intimation charges online.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS RRB 2023 is almost the same for both IBPS RRB Clerk except the fact that there are some additional sections in the Mains exam. IBPS RRB Clerk is one of the most sought-after competitive exams therefore in order to prepare, candidates must be aware of IBPS RRB Clerk Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023. There are two sections in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam that need to be solved with a composite time duration of 45 minutes. All Aspirants who are aspiring for the IBPS RRB Clerk exam must be aware of its syllabus.
The Syllabus of IBPS RRB Clerk is as follows:
|Seating arrangement (circular & linear)|
|Double line up|
|Number series |
|Problems on ages|
|Ratio and proportion|
|Mixture & allegation|
|Profit and loss|
|Work and time|
|Simple and compound interest|
|Time and distance|
|Boats and streams|
|Vocabulary based questions|
|Paragraph related questions|
|Banking Awareness – Banking Current Affairs|
|Financial Awareness – Annual Budget|
|Economic survey, etc|
|All Latest Government Schemes and Policies|
|RBI monetary policy rates|
|Current Affairs – Last 6 months|
|Static Awareness – Awards|
|Books and Authors|