SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria
The State Bank of India has announced the recruitment of 1,422 candidates for the position of CBO or Circle Based Officers in an official notification that was released on October 17, 2022. Candidates those who are applying for the position must first check the SBI CBO eligibiliy details. This eligibiliy criteria is set by the State Bank of India. Details that are associated with the exam and eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
Important Parameters for SBI CBO eligibility criteria
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Work Experience
The online notification provides the following information:
- Indian citizen.
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan Refugee came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement.
- (PIO) A person of Indian Origin who migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, or East African countries of Zaire, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
The details of each of these categories are explained below.
Age Limit (As on 30.09.2022):
Not below 21 years and Not above 30 years as on 30.09.2022 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 30.09.2001 and not earlier than 01.10.1992 (both days inclusive).
The table below summarizes details about the age relaxations for specific countries.
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes||5 Years|
|Other Backward Class||3 Years|
|Person With Disabilities|
15 Years (Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes),
13 Years (Other Backward Class) &
10 Years (General / Economically Weaker Section)
As a candidate for SBI CBO Recruitment 2022, you must meet the following requirements in respect of your education and age.
- Candidates must have graduated from a recognized university or institute with a Bachelor's degree.
- A graduate from a college or university approved by the Central Government of India will also suffice.
- All students must show their total marks calculated to the nearest two decimal places for all subjects in all years. When CGPA is provided by an institution, it needs to be converted into percentages with two decimal points and included in the application.
- The fraction is overlooked since the percentage is calculated using the two decimal places. Therefore, 59.99 is not considered to be more than 60% and 54.99 is not considered to be more than 55%.
Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience working for a Scheduled Commercial Bank or Rural Regional Bank. The candidate shall submit a certification of their job profile from their current or previous employers. Applicants whose job profile differs substantially from that of the Scale-I Generalist officer of the State Bank of India will be summarily rejected at any stage of the recruitment process. It would be binding on all candidates if the Bank made a decision in this regard. In this regard, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence.
Regional Language Criteria
A candidate for a state job must possess either a standard 10th or 12th mark sheet or a certificate that proves they studied the local language of the state as one of the subjects during their education.
SBI CBO 2021 Application Fee
Below is the information regarding the application fees for SBI CBO Recruitment 2022.
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes||₹0/-|
|Other Backward Class / General / Economically Weaker Section||₹750/-|
Important Documents Required At The Time Of Online Application
The following documents are required to be uploaded along with your application for the SBI CBO Recruitment 2021. Prepare them in advance.
- Recent Photograph (jpg/jpeg), Signature (jpg/jpeg),
- ID Proof (PDF),
- Proof of Date of Birth (PDF),
- Job Profile (certified by existing/previous employers) (PDF),
- Brief Resume – detailing educational/professional qualifications, experience and assignments handled (PDF),
- Educational Certificates: Relevant Mark-Sheets/ Degree/ Certificate (PDF),
- Experience Certificate/ Appointment Letter/Job Offer Letter (PDF) & Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF).