IBPS Clerk 2022 Job Profile
IBPS Clerk is an entry-level post where a clerk gets a golden opportunity to learn to fulfill various responsibilities and grab growth opportunities. Learning paves the way to a host of opportunities that lead to early growth.
Here are some of the major roles and responsibilities in the IBPS Clerk Job Profile:
- To Verify various documents and proofs submitted by the customers
- To Sanction withdrawals by the customers
- To be responsible for bank cash, various important documents, keys, etc.
- To Issue Demand Drafts (DDs), bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts, etc
- To Provide information about the latest schemes and government policies
- To Provide guidance to customers relating to various banking activities
- To Maintain various documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
- To resolve the various issues of the customers
- To attend to treasury works
- To update the passbooks of account holders
- To Resolve queries of the customers
- To fulfill miscellaneous tasks
IBPS Clerk 2022 Career Growth
After becoming a clerk in any Public sector bank, multiple opportunities can be availed by the aspirant to become the officer in the bank but there are certain constraints to that. An employee needs to complete 2 years of service with the same bank to be eligible to appear for the test for the officer rank. Public sector banks do carry out the test for promotions every 2 years. They need to apply for the promotion and appear for the examinations, like JAIIB (Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB (Certified Association of the Indian Institute of Bankers). After becoming an officer the career prospects for an employee looks like this:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief manager
- Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General manager
The growth of an employee is also dependent on his/her performance over the tenure with the bank. Banks do consider employees with impeccable work performance for higher positions.