IBPS Clerk 2023 Job Profile
IBPS Clerk is an entry-level post where a clerk gets a golden opportunity to learn to fulfill various responsibilities and grab growth opportunities. Learning paves the way to a host of opportunities that lead to early growth.
Here are some of the major roles and responsibilities in the IBPS Clerk Job Profile:
- To Verify various documents and proofs submitted by the customers
- To Sanction withdrawals by the customers
- To be responsible for bank cash, various important documents, keys, etc.
- To Issue Demand Drafts (DDs), bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts, etc
- To Provide information about the latest schemes and government policies
- To Provide guidance to customers relating to various banking activities
- To Maintain various documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
- To resolve the various issues of the customers
- To attend to treasury works
- To update the passbooks of account holders
- To Resolve queries of the customers
- To fulfill miscellaneous tasks
IBPS Clerk Promotion
Promotion is conducted every 2 years, and a clerk gets an opportunity to participate in it and officers are eligible for the promotion. There are two processes for promotion from clerk to officer:
- General procedure
- Merit basis process
These two processes are applied to individual candidates on the basis of their performance and experience in banking services.
(1) Under normal procedure the employee (Bank Clerk) has to pass a written test and can be selected as an officer on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of the bank. No JAIIB & CAIIB Diploma is mandatory in this process. After clearing this exam you will become a Trainee Officer (TO). Trainee officers can later become Probationary Officers (PO).
(2) Merit-based Process: Graduate/Post Graduate degree with two years service (minimum) as Clerk with JAIIB and CAIIB Diploma conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
After becoming a Probationary Officer (PO), there are seven scales in the officer cadre:
Scale 1 - Officer/Assistant Manager
Scale 2 - Manager
Scale 3 - Senior Manager
Scale 4 - Chief Manager
Scale 5 - Asst. general manager
Scale 6 - Deputy General Manager
Scale 7 - General Manager