IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is just 2 months away as the exam is scheduled for December 5, 2020. This leaves you with almost 58 days in hand for the preparation which is close. The total vacancies is 1557, thus we would like to advice that its time to speed up your exam preparation which is starting from 5th Dec, 2020 and here we are providing detailed section-wise strategy for each section of the IBPS Clerk Prelims examination. If we talk about IBPS Clerk prelims it comprises of three sections including English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Aptitude. Go through the preparation strategy that we are mentioning in this exam and try and ace it. But, before going ahead further on this let us first take a quick snapshot of the IBPS clerk prelims exam pattern.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Prelims English Language Preparation
Before getting into the preparation strategy, let’s first take a look at the syllabus of this section. The must do topics in the English section are:
- Basics of English grammar
- Spotting errors
- Fill in the gaps
- Para jumbles
- Cloze test
Mastering this section does not need much. You don’t have to be a scholar in English, but need to follow the below mentioned strategy and tips in order to do well in this.
- Make reading newspaper your daily habit. This is a kind of basic requirement and one cannot score good without it. As far as reading newspaper is concerned it not only helps in your English language section, but at a later stage it even is good for the Genera Awareness section that comes in the mains exam.
- Knowing the basic grammatical rules is very important. This we may have told you numerous times, but till the time these are practiced a lot you will not be able to work upon it. Grammatical rules are somewhere or the other similar to your mathematical rules, the more you practice the more it will get clear to you.
- Taking mock tests is the key to excel. Learn/revise a topic and taking mock tests for the same will surely help big time.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
Majority of aspirants are scared of this particular section. However, the one and only way to overcome your fear for Quant is to practice as much as you can. Though, this one is very lengthy and calculative, but still can be achieved by practicing well. The important quantitative aptitude topics include:
- Simplification & approximation
- Ration & proportion
- Simple & compound interest
- Profit & loss
- Time & work
- Time, speed & distance
- Number series
- Number system
- Data interpretation
- Quadratic equation
This section is one that can make or break your score in the prelims exam. Usually, candidates attempt well in the other two sections because this one is lengthy, but here are few tips which may make your attempt easier.
- The key step for this is learning the basics. All candidates are advised to learn cubes, square and fractional values up to 30.
- Learn shortcut tricks and formulas which will help greatly in this section. Topics like quadratic equation, simplification & approximation, number series are a must to do topics and try to solve these with a different and an easy approach.
- Keep revising formulas on a regular basis and practice as many questions on the basis of that as possible.
- Last and the final step is to take mock tests. Take sectional tests and practice via those other than mock tests.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Preparation
Before getting onto the preparation strategy of IBPS Clerk prelims, let us first take a close look at the reasoning ability syllabus and important topics:
- Blood relations
- Linear circular seating arrangements
- Direction sense
- Alphanumeric symbol series
- Alphabet based and number based questions
IBPS Clerk Prelims English Language Preparation
Below are the tips as how to go about this particular section as far as your exam preparation is concerned.
- Give extra time to these topics as these are time consuming and needs proper understanding. Puzzle and seating arrangement is one such topic that can easily fetch you good score if prepared well.
- Syllogism is another important topic from which questions are asked for sure in the IBPS clerk prelims exam.
- Practice previous year question papers so that you get the exact idea about the difficulty level of the exam that you are about to face.
- In order to score well in the reasoning section, take mock tests and sectional tests as well. One has to attempt as many mock tests as possible.
All the points above are generalized and can be well combined with your own preparation strategy. The key take aways from this are practice as many mock tests as possible and learn each and every topic/concept thoroughly. IBPS Clerk prelims exam is scheduled for 5th, 12th and 13th December 2020, so this is not the time to simply sit back and relax, but its time to start your preparation with full confidence and energy so that you come out with flying colors.
All the very Best for your Exam Preparation!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"