The IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 notification is not out yet, however it is expected to be released anytime soon now. According to the IBPS 2020 calendar that was released in the month of May 2020 the IBPS Clerk 2020 exam dates are mentioned below. According to the IBPS calendar the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is scheduled for 12.12.2020, 13.12.2020 & 19.12.2020 and the IBPS Clerk Mains exam is scheduled for 24.01.2021. Now since the candidates know the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 dates in advance so it is always better to start preparing for the same. Take IBPS Clerk Prelims free mock test and analyse your performance. It is advisable that candidates those who wish to appear for the IBPS Clerk exam this year and want to clear it in the first attempt must start preparing for it by drafting a perfect strategy that helps you to ace the examination.
IBPS Calendar 2020- IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Dates
|IBPS Clerk 2020||Prelims|
12.12.2020, 13.12.2020 & 19.12.2020
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 Exam Pattern
Considering the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam pattern, there is a clear understanding that there are sectional time limits that makes it all the more crucial for a candidate to plan the preparation strategy well. Mentioned below is the complete exam pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 exam:
|S. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Max Marks|| Time allotted for each test |
|1||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 mins|
- Candidates have to score sufficiently high in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
Once a candidate has clarity related to exam pattern, syllabus and sectional time limits etc, he or she will then be able to formulate the strategy well according to their strengths and weaknesses in each section or topic. The main objective of clearing IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 is to get shortlisted for the IBPS Clerk Mains, thus candidates must clear the cutoffs so that they can get qualified for Mains. However, clearing only cut offs should not be the motive rather the motive should be to do well.
Since there are sectional time limits so keeping that in mind candidates should start practicing mock tests. Practice more and more mock tests is the only way that will help you to achieve a better score as it teaches you everything from conceptual clarity to time management etc. Mentioning below section-wise tips and tricks which can be implemented for IBPS Clerk Prelims exam preparation.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 English Language Preparation Tips
The section tests a candidate’s English knowledge proficiency and of course checks the grammatical part of course. Few important topics to study for IBPS Clerk Prelims exam are:
- Spotting errors
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- English grammar
While preparing for this particular section you need to make sure that the section is to be completed in a stipulated time of 20 minutes. Here are some tips as how to go about it:
- Reading newspapers on a daily basis is important. It enhances your reading speed and helps you identify new words. We regularly post vocabulary articles which may help aspirants preparing for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 exam.
- The basic grammar rules should be on your finger tips
- Solve mock tests on regular basis
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 Numerical Ability Preparation Tips
As far as this particular section is concerned there are 35 questions to be done in 20 minutes. It is known to be one of the difficult sections of IBPS Clerk Prelims exam as it involves lot of calculations, formulas, shortcuts etc. Moreover, if a candidate is thorough with all the concepts etc then this can turn out to be the most scoring sections of all. Few important topics to study for IBPS Clerk Prelims exam are:
- Time and work
- Time, speed and distance
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- Simple and compound interest
- Number system
- Data interpretation
- Ratio and proportion
The basic tips mentioned to plan the Numerical Ability section is as follows:
- The formulas are to be memorized well and should know where to correctly implement that.
- Practicing mock tests regularly here plays a great role as numerical ability requires lot of conceptual clarity and candidates will be able to perform better if they have one.
- Shortcuts should be there on a candidate’s tips
- Moreover, a constant revision of this particular section is required else, you may lose out on your speed.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips
This section is very much scoring and 35 questions are to be attempted in 20 minutes time. It is vital to understand the logic behind every concept in order to make your strategy work well. Some of the topics which needs thorough preparation are:
- Coded and mathematical inequalities
- Linear and circular seating arrangement
- Distance and directions
- Blood relations
The basic tip to clear this particular section is to practice as much as you can. Practicing minimum 15 to 20 questions of each of the above-mentioned topics can make you stay ahead of other candidates.
Planning your IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 exam preparation strategy in the above manner will surely give you an edge over other competing aspirants. Also, if scored well in Prelims, it will further boost your exam preparation for IBPS Clerk Mains exam. Since the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is of 1 hour, a little extra time is to be devoted to time management. Try and solve mock tests in that restricted time-bound manner so that you get the hang of the actual exam.
We hope that this article shall give you a better idea of how to prepare for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 exam well.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"