The Odisha State Cooperative Bank issued the recruitment notification for Banking Asst. (Grade II). There are 470 vacancies available. The application process started on 29th December 2021. The last date of application is 17th January 2022. The OSCB Banking Assistant Recruitment is done in three stages. The candidates must clear all three stages to qualify for the post. The three stages of the recruitment process are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Interview. Candidates can apply for recruitment through the official website. An individual appointed as a Banking Assistant Grade-II will be on probation for 24 months. Upon completing the probation tenure, they will be confirmed in service after clearing the half-yearly exams conducted by ACSTI of OSCB. Read this article about the OSCB Banking Assistant Salary & OSCB Banking Assistant Salary Job Profile, allowances, benefits provided, and other relevant information.
OSCB Banking Assistant Salary
The Board decides the OSCB Banking Assistant Salary according to the 7th Central Pay Commission, including a Pay Band, Grade-Pay, Level, and Allowances.
Banking Assistant Grade-II pay scale: Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,210/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 2500/-.
OSCB Banking Assistant Salary: Perks and Allowances
Apart from the OSCB Banking Assistant Salary, the Banking Assistants are also provided allowances and perks as per the Govt. rules. The OSCB Banking Assistant Allowances and Perks are given below:
- Dearness Allowances (DA)
- House Rent Allowances (HRA)
- Travel Allowances (TA)
OSCB Banking Assistant Salary Slip
OSCB issues a salary slip every month for all its employees. The OSCB Banking Assistant Salary slip includes the following:
- Department name, logo, and address
- Salary Slip month and year
- Employee Name and Employee Code
- Department and Designation
- Employee PAN/Adhaar
- Bank Account Number
- EPF Account Number, UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Total Working Days, Effective Working Days, Number of Leaves
- Itemized list of Earnings
- Gross Pay and Net Pay in numbers and words.
The salary slip is an important document for the employees as they can use it to apply for loans and other personal uses. They should be kept well as a record of the salaries drawn over a long period.
OSCB Banking Assistant Job Profile
The responsibilities of a Banking Asst. are given below:
- Provide banking assistance to the customers in handling their deposits & payments.
- Assist and support the bank administration with its operational issues.
- Collect and analyze the financial and related data of customers.
- Assist customers in managing their check payments.
- Assist banking personnel in preparing/ checking the bank statements and documents.
- Liaise between banking personnel and the customers.
- Verify the loan documents and customer credentials.
- Prepare and develop individualized loan packages for customers.
- Promote banking products and services.
- Ensure compliance with security and banking guidelines & policies in banking functions.
OSCB Banking Assistant Job Profile: Probation Period
- An individual appointed as a Banking Assistant Grade-II will be on probation for 24 months (2 years).
- Upon completing the probation tenure, they will be confirmed in service after clearing the half-yearly exams conducted by ACSTI of OSCB.
- If the employee does not clear the tests conducted during the probation period or is found unsuitable for the post, they will be allowed a further six months of probation to improve their performance. After completing this period, the Board would review the performance, and the employee will be confirmed/ discharged based on merit.
We hope this article has been of help in providing the OSCB Banking Assistant Salary & Job Profile details. Now that you know about the job responsibilities and what it has to offer, if you want the security of a government job and are an eligible applicant for the Banking Assistant Recruitment examination, you have to prepare very well to crack the examination. Besides the syllabus, also get hold of the previous year's cut-off marks so that you have a tentative target to prepare for. Keep abreast of the current happenings at the national and international levels. It is advisable to study for at least 6-7 hours a day with short breaks in between. Following the newspapers or watching the news on the television is also advisable. Study earnestly, prepare well for the exam and see your dream come true.