IRDAI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
IRDAI Assistant Manager 2023 Selection Process
Phase I - On-line Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
|Name of Test (Objective)|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40|
Composite time of 90 minutes
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|4||Test of Quantitative Aptitude||40||40|
This is a qualifying examination to be eligible for Phase II - Descriptive Examination. Through this, candidates for Actuarial, Finance, Law, IT, Research streams and General stream shall be shortlisted separately for Phase II - Descriptive Examination as per standards to be decided separately by IRDAI (approximately 20 times the number of vacancies subject to availability). Marks secured in the Phase I - On-line Preliminary Examination will not count for interview or final selection.
- A candidate has to qualify in each of the four Objective Test separately and also in aggregate as per the cut-off marks for each test and in aggregate to be decided by IRDAI. Separate cut-offs may also be applied for each of the specialized stream and General stream.
- Tests will be conducted in English and Hindi (except Test of English Language which will be provided only in English).
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective Tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Phase II - Descriptive Examination
|Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Marks||Time (Minutes)|
|Paper-I: English||Descriptive (Questions will appear on screen and answers have to be written on answer sheets)||100||60|
|Paper-II: Economic and Social Issues impacting Insurance||100||60|
|Paper-III: Insurance and Management||100||60|
This will be comprising 3 Papers (Paper I, II and III).
Phase III - Interview
- Candidates for Actuarial, Finance, Law, IT, Research and General stream shall be shortlisted for Phase III - Interview based on the aggregate marks obtained in Papers I, II and III of Phase II - Descriptive Examination only.
- The minimum cut-off marks for being shortlisted for Phase III - Interview shall be decided for each stream by IRDAI.
- Final selection shall be based on the performance and merit of the candidates under respective stream in Phase II - Descriptive Examination and Phase III – Interview, taken together.