EPFO Stenographer Selection Procedure
Phase I Online Exam => Phase II Skill Test
Phase I Online Exam
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
2 Hours 10
minutes (130 minutes)
|II||General Awareness [includes Computer Awareness ]||50||200|
|III||English Language and Comprehension||100||400|
- Each question shall have 4 marks each.
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only. The questions will be set both in English and Hindi except part-III i.e. English Language and Comprehension.
- The marks obtained in Phase – I will be considered for final selection on merit.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
- Total marks 800.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-II in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase-I.
- If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated following standard practice to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions.
Phase II Skill Test
Skill Test in Stenography:
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Phase-I Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography. Time allotted is as under:
Dictation: Ten minutes at the rate of eighty words per minute. (Dictation will be computer based)
Transcription: Fifty minutes (English) / Sixty-five minutes (Hindi). (Only on computer)
NOTE:- Skill Test in Stenography will be qualifying in nature. Marks obtained will not be reckoned for merit ranking.