UPSC CSAT Eligibility Criteria
Aspiring individuals need to meet certain eligibility criteria to be eligible for the UPSC CSAT 2024. The eligibility requirements are crucial factors that determine whether a candidate is qualified to participate in this examination. To sit for the UPSC CSAT 2024, candidates must fulfill educational qualifications and other criteria set by the commission. The UPSC CSAT 2024 Eligibility criteria are categorized on the following basis:
- Nationality/ Citizenship
- Educational Qualification
UPSC CSAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
The UPSC CSAT 2024 Eligibility criteria on the basis of nationality or citizenship are as follows:
- For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:—
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC CSAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
The age factor is a crucial aspect that determines a candidate's eligibility for participating in the examination. Here the minimum and maximum age limit mentioned below as per the official notification released:
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 32 Years
Note: The Candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2024 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1992 and not later than 1st August, 2003.
UPSC CSAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
The education factor is a crucial aspect that determines a candidate's eligibility for participating in the examination. Here the qualification required mentioned below as per the official notification released:
- Candidates must have a Graduate degree.
- The degree should be from a recognized university.
- Universities recognized by central or state legislatures are acceptable.
- Educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament are also valid.
- Deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, are considered.
- Equivalent qualifications are also accepted.