SSC CPO 2023 Selection Procedure
There are 4 stages in this recruitment process which are below:
- SSC CPO 2023 Paper I
- SSC CPO 2023 PET/PST
- SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2
- SSC CPO 2023 Medical Examination
SSC CPO 2023 Paper I Exam Pattern
| ||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration/ Time Allowed|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking equal to one-third of the marks allotted to the question for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
SSC CPO Notification 2023: Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category of candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms )|
|(i) For male candidates only GENERAL||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States, and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only GENERAL||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States, and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
SSC CPO Notification 2023: Physical Efficiency(Endurance) Test (PET)
Only those candidates, who have scored above the cut-off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test/Medical examination.
For male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chances
For female candidates only
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters (3 feet) in 3 chances.
Only those candidates, who qualified in PET/PST and were found medically fit will be allowed to appear in SSC CPO Paper-II.
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Maximum Marks /Questions||Duration and timing|
|English language & Comprehension||200 marks/200 questions||Two Hours|
- MCQs will be there.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark per incorrectly answered question.
SSC CPO 2023 Medical Examination
All the candidates who qualify in the SSC CPO PET will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates who are found to be unfit will be informed of the position and they can appeal to Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
The decision of the Re-Medical Board/Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the medical Board/Review Medical Board will be entertained.
SSC CPO 2023 Final Selection
Merit list will be released based on the marks obtained by candidates in the written examination and physical efficiency test.