IB SA MTS Notification
IB has invited online applications from eligible candidates for filling up 531 vacancies of Security Assistant, Motor Assistant and MTS posts. The online application process will start from 18th October 2021 and will end on 17th November 2021. The candidates who are interested and eligible can apply online through the official website of IB, https://www.mha.gov.in/notifications/vacancies. The details of the vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection process, application fee, pay scale and how to apply are given below.
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Overview
|Organization||Intelligence Bureau (Ministry Of Home Affairs)|
|Name Of The Recruitment||IB Recruitment 2023|
|Post Name||Security Assistant/Motor Assistants & MTS|
|Number Of Vacancies||677|
|Service Liability||All India Basis|
|Apply Online Start Date||14th October 2023|
|Last Date To Apply||13th November 2023|
|IB Security Assistant Exam Date 2023||to be notified|
|IB SA Admit Card 2023||to be notified|
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Vacancy Details
The total number of vacancies for Security Assistant, Motor Assistant and MTS posts is 315. Location-wise, category-wise and post-wise distribution of vacancies is as follows:
|SN||Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau/SIB||Rank||Vacancies with reservation break-up|
| ||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST||EWS||Total|
| || ||MTS/Gen||5||0||0||0||1||6|
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Important Dates
|Opening Date for On-line Registration of Application||14.10.2023|
Closing Date of submission of Application with submission of Online Application Fee through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking/ UPI etc.
(Payment of Application Fee through SBI EPAY LITE payment Gateway)
|13.11.2023 (23:59 Hrs)|
|Last Date of submission of Application Fee through SBI challan (offline branch submission only)||16.11.2023 (Banking Hours)|
- Applications should be submitted only through ONLINE registration by logging on to MHA's website (www.mha.gov.in) or NCS portal (www.ncs.gov.in) only. Applications will NOT be accepted through any other mode.
- Candidates can apply for either one or both the posts provided they fulfil the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- Registration done, prior to 14.10.2023 and after 13.11.2023 will not be accepted.
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Post Description
|Name||Security Assistant/Motor Transport||MTS/Gen|
|Classification||General Central Service, (Group ‘C') Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial|
|Level-3 (Rs. 21,700-69,100) in the pay matrix plus admissible Central Govt. allowances.||Level-1 (Rs. 18,000-56,900) in the pay matrix plus admissible Central Govt. allowances.|
i. Special Security Allowance @ 20% of basic pay in addition to other Govt. allowances.
ii. Cash compensation in lieu of duty performed on holidays subject to a ceiling of 30 days.
(i) Matriculation (10th class pass) or equivalent from a recognized Board of Education, and
(ii) Possession of domicile certificate of that State against which candidate has applied.
Only for SA/MT-
(i) Possession of valid driving license for Motor Cars (LMV) issued by the competent authority;
(ii) Knowledge of Motor Mechanism (The candidate should be able to remove minor defects in the vehicle), and
(iii) Experience of driving a Motor Car for at least one year after obtaining valid driving license.
|Desirable Qualifications||Possession of valid driving license for Motorcycle issued by the competent authority.||--|
|Age limit||Not exceeding 27 years as on closing date (SA/MT)||18-25 years as on closing date (MTS/Gen)|
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST & by 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for departmental candidates up to 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular & continuous service. This relaxation is applicable only to Central Govt. Civilian employees holding civil posts & not applicable to personnel working in PSUs, Autonomous/Statuary bodies, etc.
- The age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years for general candidates & up to 40 years for SC/ST in case of widows, divorced women & women judicially separated from their husbands & not remarried.
- The age limit is relaxable for ex-servicemen as well as for the children & dependents of victims of riots of 2002 in Gujarat & Sikh riots of 1984 as per the Govt. instructions in this regard issued from time to time.
- The age limit is relaxable up to maximum 5 years to the meritorious sportspersons specified in Para 1 (a) of D.o.P. & A.R., O.M. No. 14015/1/76-Estt.(D), dated 4.8.1980. The candidate claiming for age relaxation in this category must have the desired certificate in the form & from the authority prescribed in OM under reference.(As per the annexure at the end of the detailed advertisement)
- Age relaxation of 10 years in upper age limit is admissible for PwD subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 56 years for the post of MTS (Gen) only.
- If a person with disability is entitled to age concession by virtue of being a Central Government employee, concession to his/her will be admissible either as a person with disability or as a Central Government employee whichever is more beneficial to him/her.
- The number of vacancies is provisional and liable to change.
- The candidate can opt for the post of SA/MT or MTS/Gen or both. In case, a candidate opts for both the posts and fulfils the essential qualifications for SA/MT, he would appear in the Tier-II Exam of SA/MT only (subject to qualifying in Tier-I Exam). However, he would be initially considered for the post of SA/MT & then for the post of MTS/Gen. However, in case, he is finally selected for the post of SA/MT, his candidature for the post of MTS/Gen would stand cancelled.
- The post of SA/MT, being an operational post, is not reserved for any category (HH, OH, VH & Autism) of PwD. Hence, they NEED NOT apply. However, there is a provision for reservation for all categories (HH, OH, VH & Autism) (except 100% blind) of PwD for the post of MTS/Gen, being a non-operational post, as per the Govt. guidelines in vogue.
- The candidate can opt only for one SIB and he must be Domicile of the concerned State. He would, thus, be considered for vacancies earmarked for that SIB only. Applications received for more than one SIB from a candidate would be summarily rejected. The Domicile certificate is required to be produced at the time of document verification failing which his/her candidature would be summarily rejected.
- The applicant should select the SIB carefully & indicate the same correctly in his/her application. SIB, once opted, will NOT be changed in any circumstances.
- Candidates could be accommodated in any one of the five Exam centres opted by him/her for Tier- I Exam. However, the candidature of such candidates will be considered against the vacancies of opted SIB only.
- IB reserves the right to cancel any of the Exam centres and/or add some other centres, allot the candidates to any centre other than the one opted by them, at its discretion, depending upon the administrative feasibility.
- Tier-I Exam would be common & performance /merit of the candidates in Tier- I Exam pave the way for further progression to Tier-II stage of the respective post.
- Tier-I Exam may be conducted in one or more shifts at one or more Exam centres where the candidates are large in number.
- Appointment to the post will be temporary. However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such posts in force at that time.
- Successful completion of training is mandatory for confirmation to both the posts of SA/MT & MTS/Gen.
- The eligibility of candidates in terms of age, educational qualification, caste/category, domicile and driving licence (for SA/MT only) etc. will be determined on the closing date. The candidates must be in possession of the essential qualifications required for the post applied for, i.e., the final result must be out on or before the closing date, i.e. 13.11.2023 and he/she must have been declared successful in it.
- The reservation of vacancies for OBC, SC, ST, EWS, ESM & PwD is as per rules/roster. If suitable ESM candidates are not available, vacancies reserved for ESM will be filled by non-ESM candidates of respective categories.
- ESM who have already secured employment in Civil side under Central Govt in Group ‘C' posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to ESM for their re-employment are not eligible for Fee concession or for claiming benefits of reservation under ESM category. However, they are eligible for age relaxation.
- Serving defence personnel who are due for discharge are required to obtain a certificate as per Appendix-4 at the end of this notification /advertisement. Besides, all ESM candidates are required to submit an undertaking, as & when asked for, as per Appendix-5 at the end of this notification/ advertisement.
- While every care has been taken for inclusion of GoI instructions in vogue, IB reserves the right to rectify omissions, if any, noticed subsequently.
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Scheme of Exam
Description of Exam
in each part
Tier-I (SA/MT &
Online Exam of Objective type MCQs, divided into 4 parts
containing 100 questions of 1 mark each on:
|a) General Awareness||40|
|b) Quantitative Aptitude||20|
|c) Numerical/Analytical/Logical ability & Reasoning||20|
|d) English Language||20|
|[Negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.]|| |
Motor Mechanism & Driving test cum Interview
(The candidates would be required to drive a motor vehicle as instructed by the instructor. Practical knowledge of the candidates about the vehicle and removal of minor defects/snags in the vehicle, its upkeep & maintenance, etc would also be tested)
[There will be a minimum cut-off marks of 40% for Tier-II Exam]
Descriptive Test on English Language and Comprehension (Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, correct grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc., to test comprehension and paragraph writing in 150 words) [Tier-II Exam will be of qualifying nature with qualifying marks -
|Note: Candidates 10 times the number of vacancies would be called for Tier-II Exam|
- The cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I Exam would be UR-35, OBC-34, SC/ST-33 & EWS-35 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS).
- For the post of SA/MT, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of combined performance in Tier-I & Tier-II Exams.
- For the post of MTS/Gen, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance in Tier-I Exam alone, provided the candidate is qualified in Tier-II Exam.
- The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the 5 centres allotted to him/her out of his/her choice of five cities. There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question. The questions marked as "Mark for Review" by the candidates will not be considered for evaluation.
- However, cut-off for Tier-I Exam in different categories may go higher depending upon the marks obtained by candidates and number of vacancies. Similarly, the criteria of 10 times the number of vacancies may also remain restricted due to said cut-off in Tier-I.
- On the basis of combined performance in Tier-I & Tier-II Exam of those candidates, who opted for SA/MT and both the posts, a final merit list of 362 candidates (subject to qualifying in Tier-II Exam for SA/MT) for the post of SA/MT would be prepared and subsequently a final merit list of 315 candidates for the post of MTS/Gen will be prepared from the combined list of candidates who opted for MTS/Gen only and who opted for both the posts but not selected for SA/MT on the basis of their performance in Tier-I Exam (subject to qualifying in Tier-II Exam for MTS/Gen) in order of merit.
- The final selection to both the posts would be further subject to successful completion of Character & Antecedent verification followed by medical Exam, etc.
- The date, time & centre of Tier-II Exam would be intimated to the successful candidates through E- mail given by them in online application.
- Tier-II Exam may or may not be conducted at all centres mentioned in Para 4 above. The department reserves the right to conduct Tier-II Exam at a centre by clubbing the candidates of nearby centres.
- The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in Admit Card/Call Letter of Tier-I & Tier-II Exam relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be cancelled.
IB- SA & MTS 2023- How to Apply?
The candidates who are interested and eligible can apply online through the official website of IB, https://www.mha.gov.in/notifications/vacancies. The candidates have to register themselves by providing basic details and then fill up the online application form with personal, educational and other details. The candidates have to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature and relevant documents as per the specifications given in the notification. The candidates have to pay the application fee online or offline as per their convenience. The candidates have to take a printout of the online application form and fee receipt for future reference.
The online application process will start from 14th October 2023 and will end on 13th November 2023. The candidates are advised to apply well in advance to avoid last-minute rush and errors.
It is in 2 components: Exam Fee: Rs. 50/- & Recruitment Processing Charges: Rs. 450/- which is required to be paid as under:
|Category||Fee to be paid|
|All candidates||Recruitment Processing Charges|
|Male candidates of General, EWS and OBC categories||Exam Fee in addition to Recruitment Processing Charges|
IB- SA & MTS 2023 Pay Scale:
The pay scale for Security Assistant, Motor Assistant and MTS posts is as follows:
- Security Assistant: Level-3 in the pay matrix (Rs.21,700 - Rs.69,100/-)
- Motor Assistant: Level-2 in the pay matrix (Rs.19,900 - Rs.63,200/-)
- MTS: Level-1 in the pay matrix (Rs.18,000 - Rs.56,900/-)