RBI Grade B 2022 Selection Procedure
RBI Grade B Exam is conducted in 3 phases (Phase I, II & III. Phase I or the Prelims exam is an objective-type exam consisting of 4 sections, English Language, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. Each phase acts as an elimination round, where only those candidates are allowed to appear in the Mains Examination who clear the Phase II exam. Psychometric Test & Interview (Phase III) will be the last or final stage of the exam.
RBI Grade B Phase-I Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Phase-I exam consists of 4 sections. There is no sectional time limit. The total duration of the RBI Grade B Phase- I is of 120 minutes. There is a negative marking of ¼ for wrong answers. Given below are the distribution marks amongst each section:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||25 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||25 minutes|
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as aggregate, as prescribed by the Board.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked by you. For every wrong answer marked by you, 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each Test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the Examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in Phase-I. The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Phase-II of the Examination will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies.
- Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for Phase-II examination will be published on RBI website tentatively within a week after Phase-I examination.
RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam Pattern
RBI Grade-B Phase-II exam consists of 3 sections. You are given 90 minutes for each section of the exam, making a total time duration of 270 minutes.
|Subjects||Paper Type||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Economics and Social Issues||Objective||100||90 minutes|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||100||90 minutes|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||100||90 minutes|
- Paper III (Finance and Management) will take place in morning shift, followed by Paper I (Economics and Social Issues) and Paper II (English) in afternoon shift without any break between Paper I and Paper II.
- For Paper I and Paper III, 30 minutes duration is allotted to attempt objective type questions.
- After 30 minutes, descriptive type paper will start for which 90 minutes duration is allotted. You will not be able to shuffle between objective/descriptive Papers.
- For Paper I and Paper III, descriptive type paper the word limit shall be 600 words for 15 marks questions and 400 words for 10 marks questions.
RBI Grade B Phase-III- Interview
The interview will be of 75 marks and the medium of interview will be English/Hindi either of which candidates can opt for. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II examination and interview. The names of the centres where interviews will be conducted are: Ahmedabad – Gandhi Nagar, Jammu, Bengaluru, Kanpur, Bhopal, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Lucknow, Kolkata, Mumbai- Navi Mumbai, Chandigarh- Mohali, Nagpur, Chennai, New Delhi- NCR, Guwahati, Patna, Hyderabad, Pune, Jaipur, Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidate shall be required to undergo Psychometric Test conducted by the Bank before appearing for the Interview, no marks will be allotted for the same, and will not form part of the final selection criteria. Candidates may opt for interview either in Hindi or English. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase- II examination and interview and grace marks as applicable as per extant rules.