SSC CGL Tier-II is go be held on Nov 15, 2020, which leaves you with only 32 days or almost a month you can say to level up your preparation. Please be informed that the competition is going to be very intensive for this exam and this is the reason why your preparation should be the top-notch one. You need to utilize this complete month to brush the important concepts of the English section and practice as much as possible. If revised properly, the English section can be a high-scoring one since there is no calculation involved here. In this article, we will be briefing you on the revision strategy you should adopt in this remaining 1 month so as to make the most of this section in the actual exam.
SSC CGL Tier I was held on March 2, 2020 and now is the time when the aspirants should gear up for the SSC CGL Tier II exam which is going to be held soon. Check out the SSC CGL Tier II exam pattern to know more in detail about how to prepare and what to prepare for this upcoming examination.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Limit|
|Paper-I: Quantitattive Abilities||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 mins|
|Paper-III: Statistics||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-IV: General (Finance and Economics)||100||200||120 mins|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
SSC CGL Tier-II English Language and Comprehension Exam Pattern
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of SSC CGL Tier-II exam. There will be 200 questions of 200 marks and the time allotted is 120 minutes. You should strive to solve as many questions as possible to boost your overall score. Have you attempted any Mock Test of SSC CGL Tier-II? Take a Mock Test now and get a look and feel of the actual exam. The analysis which you get after the mock test will let you know your performance in terms of national rank. It also highlights your weak areas which you can focus on in this 1 month. Probably, this is a good enough time for you to work upon your mistakes and correct it by the time your actual exam comes.
English Language and Comprehension- Important Topics
The English section checks 3 aspects of the English language: Grammar Rules, Vocabulary & Comprehension Skills. All these 3 aspects can be improved by a consistent practice which is what you should do in 1 month. Please remember, only practicing won’t be enough. You need to identify your errors and work on them so that you don’t repeat the same mistake in the actual exam. Now let’s have a look at the important topics you can’t miss to revise:
- Sentence Correction– These questions ask you to correct a given sentence by highlighting a part of the sentence and you need to choose which of the given option goes perfectly with the sentence. Practice a lot of questions on this topic to gain mastery over it.
- Fill in the Blanks: These questions check if you know where to use which word/phrase. Revise these questions as well.
- Sentence/Phrase Improvement: In these questions, a part of a sentence is highlighted, and you need to replace it with the most appropriate option. Once again, practice is the key here.
- Active & Passive Voice: A sentence will be given in active voice and you will be asked to select the best option which conveys the same sense in passive voice or vice versa. Knowing the rules of active & passive voice will help you answer the questions of these topics flawlessly.
- Direct & Indirect Speech: Like the active-passive voice questions, direct-indirect speech questions provide a direct speech in the question and you need to pick the best option which conveys the same sense of the sentence in indirect speech.
- Para Jumbles: You need to arrange the given sentences in the right order. Practice a lot beforehand and try to understand the context before starting with the arranging part.
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Spelling Test
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Sentence/Phrase Improvement
In all the above types of questions, word power plays a very important role. Revise all your notes/flashcards you have made and practice via Mock Tests as much as you can. You never know if you come across the same word which you have practiced in the Mock Tests.
- Reading Comprehension
Give a glance to the passage as you skim it and check the questions if you get direct answers to any of the questions. For the remaining questions, read the passage carefully while making note of important things and try to answer the questions. Practicing beforehand will definitely help you to answer RC questions quickly and correctly.
So, to sum it all, take as many Mock Tests as possible in this remaining given time. Take a Free Mock Test of SSC CGL Tier-II now and if you like the quality, you may consider buying the SSC CGL Tier-II Package of 20 mock tests at only Rs 249.
Wishing you all the best for your exam!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"