SSC CGL is quite a reputed examination among the aspirants as this job is quite lucrative and is well paying. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear in the SSC CGL examination which is conducted by SSC. This year if we talk about SSC CGL 2020 it got postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the country. Thus, admist lockdown candidates must have prepared well for this upcoming exam which is now scheduled for November 15, 2020. The SSC CGL Tier I exam was successfully conducted on March 2, 2020 and now is the time for SSC CGL Tier II 2020 examination which is going to be held soon. With almost a month left in hand for the candidates to prepare, here we are with a well drafted SSC CGL 30 day study plan prepared by the experts.
In this article we will be sharing this SSC CGL Tier II 30 day study plan so that those who really wish to clear the examination in first attempt must get some guidance as far as their exam preparation is concerned. Follow the study plan and increase your chances of cracking the SSC CGL Tier II 2020 examination this time.
Let us first take a look at the SSC CGL Tier II exam pattern.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Limit|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 mins|
|Paper-III: Statistics||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-IV: General (Finance and Economics)||100||200||120 mins|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
SSC CGL Tier II Paper I Quantitative Ability Syllabus
The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
SSC CGL Tier II Paper II English Language and Comprehension Syllabus
In this section candidate’s basic English skills and knowledge will get tested. Topics that are part of the syllabus are: Spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/ detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/ passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/ indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
SSC CGL Tier II Paper III Statistics Syllabus
1. Collection, Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and twoway classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
SSC CGL Tier II Paper IV General Studies-Finance and Economics Syllabus
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
1.1 Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
1.2 Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer‟s behaviourMarshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
2.5 Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
2.6 Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
2.7 Indian Economy:
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectorsRole of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment.
2.9 Money and Banking:
2.9.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.9.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.9.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Note: Questions in Paper-I will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-II of 10+2 Level and in Paper-III and Paper-IV of Graduation Level.
SSC CGL Tier II 30 Day Study Plan
|Day||Task 1||Task 2||Task 3|
|1||15th Oct||Attempt & analyze Quantitative Ability Free Mock Test||Classification of Statistical Data/Accountancy||Ratio and Proportions|
|2||16th Oct||Attempt and analyze English Language and Comprehension Free Test||Central Tendency||Idioms & Phrases/Business Organization|
|3||17th Oct||One Word Substitution/ Measure of Dispersion||Average/Management||Spot the Error|
|4||18th Oct||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 01||Microeconomics and Indian Economics||Simple and Compound Interest|
|5||19th Oct||Spot the Error||Mixture and Allegations||Profit and Loss/Correlation & Regression|
|6||20th Oct||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 01||Central Tendency||Fill in the Blanks|
|7||21st Oct||Synonyms/Antonyms/ One Word Substitution||Company Law/Auditing & Income Tax||Error in Words – Misspelt|
|8||22nd Oct||Trigonometr/Basic Algebra||Time Distance and Work||Cost Accounting|
|9||23rd Oct||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 02||Demand & Supply||Sentence Improvement/Statistical Inference|
|10||24th Oct||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 02||Variance/Commodity Pricing||Linear Equations|
|11||25th Oct||Active/Passive Voice/One word substitution||Time, Distance &Work||Time Series Analysis|
|12||26th Oct||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 03||Index numbers/National Income||Geometry|
|13||27th Oct||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 03||Theory of Employment||Vocabulary & Para Jumbles|
|14||28th Oct||Reading Comprehension||Mensuration||Agricultural Sector|
|15||29th Oct||Idioms & Phrases/Vocabulary||Vocabulary||Mixture & Allegation|
|16||30th Oct||Attempt Quant Mock Test 04||Analyze your mock test performance||Ratio and Proportions|
|17||31st Oct||Basic Algebra||Data Intrepretation||Vocabulary & Para Jumbles|
|18||1st Nov||Attempt English Mock Test 04||Analyze your mock test performance||Sentence Improvement|
|19||2nd Nov||Bar/Pie Chart||Idioms & Phrases||Vocabulary|
|20||3rd Nov||Attempt Quant Mock Test 05||Analyze your mock test performance||Histogram/Frequency Polygon|
|21||4th Nov||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 05||Production and cost||Cloze Test|
|22||5th Nov||Percentage/Average||Law of variable proportions||Daily Quizzes from PracticeMock app|
|23||6th Nov||Number/Series Calculations||Profit & Loss||Detecting MisspeltWords|
|24||7th Nov||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 06||Role of Agriculture, Industry||Spell Correction|
|25||8th Nov||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 06||Poverty and unemployment||Discount, SI/CI|
|26||9th Nov||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 07||Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India||Active/Passive voice|
|27||10th Nov||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 07||Reading Comprehension||Partnership/Problems onAges|
|28||11th Nov||Attempt and analyze English Mock Test 08||Sequence & Series||Direct/Indirect Speech|
|29||12th Nov||Attempt and analyze Quant Mock Test 08||Agricultural Sector||Time & Work& Wages|
|30||13th Nov||Problems on Trains||Synonym/Antonym||Daily quizzes on PracticeMock app|
|31||14th Nov||Take Rest|
SSC CGL Tier II Daily Study Routine
Before you actually incorporate this study plan into your schedule, make sure that you follow these daily routine preparation
We have incorporated mock tests from time to time in the Study Plan so as to help the candidates to know their strong and weak areas for a better exam planning and preparation. This is a study plan which you may use it as it is or can modify it according to your exam preparation. This brings to us at the end of the article. Take a look at this SSC CGL Tier II 30 day study plan and ace your examination.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"