SSC CGL 2019 recruitment notification was out on 23rd Oct, 2019. The SSC CGL Tier I 2019 exam has already been conducted on 2nd March 2020. Now its time for the aspirants to prepare for the upcoming SSC CGL 2019-20 Mains exam which is scheduled for Nov 2, 2020. With few months remaining for the exam preparation strive hard so that you will be able to achieve success in one go. Many aspirants rely on SSC CGL job as it is one of the major exams coming up in the year 2020. So, with the right attitude, determination and hard work one can surely ace the SSC CGL mains exam too. Don’t miss out on the Important FAQs related to SSC CGL 2019 recruitment notification.
We are here with few guidelines that may help you achieve success in the first attempt. Aspirants have been asking us continuously that what is the right strategy by which the SSC CGL 2019-20 be cleared in the first attempt. However, there is never a sure shot strategy for any exam, but still there are ways following which one can get as close as his goal is. So, here we are with few such ways. Before jumping onto ways lets first explain the exam pattern.
SSC CGL Tier I 2019 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Note: In SSC CGL Tier I paper, there is a negative marking of 0.50 for every wrong answer. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I.
SSC CGL Tier II 2019 Computer Based Examination
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Limit|
|Paper-I: Quantitattive Abilities||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-II: English Language & Comprehension||200||200||120 mins|
|Paper-III: Statistics||100||200||120 mins|
|Paper-IV: General (Finance and Economics)||100||200||120 mins|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
SSC CGL Tier III 2019 Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of Examination||Max Marks||Time Allowed|
|Pen & Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)||100||60 mins|
Note: The Paper in Tier-III will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part of the paper written in Hindi and part in English will be awarded zero marks.
SSC CGL Tier IV 2019 Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
In the Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted. The Commission will hold Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), comprising of three modules: (i) Word Processing, (ii) Spread Sheet and (iii) Generation of Slides. The “Data Entry Speed Test” Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes. This test will be of qualifying nature.
Scoring high in SSC CGL Tier I exam will definitely give you an edge over your competitors. Mentioning below is the detailed topic-wise strategy:
English Comprehension for SSC CGL 2019 Exam
It can be further divided into three broad categories including:
- Grammar based questions
- Vocabulary based
- Reading comprehension based
As far as Grammar based questions are concerned, below mentioned are the topics to be done thoroughly:
- Sentence Completion
- Direct/Indirect Speech
- Active/Passive Voice
- Question Tag
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Improvement
Vocabulary based Questions
These kinds of questions are not that difficult to attempt if you have a thorough practice of these. The best way to prepare for such questions is to stay updated by reading on a daily basis. For those aspirants who have vocab as their weak area, we bring vocabulary articles on regular basis comprising of difficult words along with their meanings in context to the editorial. Important topics to be done and revised as far as vocab based is concerned are:
- One-word Substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Errors
Last but not the least in English section comes reading comprehension. Associated topics with that are:
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Cloze Test
Basic Pointers to be Kept in Mind
In order to perform well in this section, mentioned below are few basic pointers to be kept I mind:
- Read at least for 20 to 30 minutes on a routine basis. This will help in improving your reading speed and comprehension abilities as well.
- Special emphasis is to be given on previous years’ papers
- Practice more and more mock tests and do the detailed analysis after submitting the exam.
- Create your own attempt strategy as how much time is to be given to each section.
- Analyse the mock test after taking one as it gives you a complete analysis of your performance.
General Awareness (Static + Dynamic)
Static General awareness comprises of topics such as:
- Science & Technology
- Miscellaneous Topics
Dynamic GK includes:
- Major Govt Schemes & other important events of at least past 6 months.
- Books & Authors
- Important Days
- Sports News etc…
The most idealistic way to study for this particular section is to read current affairs regularly from various resources. Also, aspirants must keep taking practice quizzes so as to gain proficiency in this. In order to practice daily current affairs quizzes, download PracticeMock app. Moreover, practicing SSC CGL Tier I previous years question paper will definitely give you an edge among other aspirants.
Basic Pointers to be Kept in Mind
- Read the books attentively and current affairs for at least 6 months are to be done and revised.
- Try and make short notes on the important current affairs which will help you at the time of revision.
- Daily read GA for at least an hour.
- Take help from weekly and monthly PDFs. We release a monthly PDF Bazooka and also timely publish current affairs.
Important topics to be studied in Quant are:
- Mixture & Allegations
- SI & CI
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Work
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Ages & Averages
- Number System
Basic Pointers to be Kept in Mind for Quant
- Solving SSC CGL Tier I previous years’ paper is a must.
- Standard books are to be followed for concept clarity
- All important formulas and tricks are to be memorized well. This will help you to do better and speedy calculations.
- Devise shortcuts of your own or learn if there are any shortcuts as it will surely help on doing fast calculations and will save time in the actual exam.
- Take up SSC CGL 2019 mock tests and analyse your performance after submitting the same.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
The topics that are a must read as far as General Intelligence & Reasoning is concerned are:
- Missing Number Series
- Counting of Figures
- Dice Based questions
- Wrong Number Series
- Blood Relations
- Directions & Distance
- Clock & Calendar
- Ordering & Ranking
- Coding – Decoding
Basic Pointers to be Kept in Mind for General intelligence & reasoning
- Aspirants must prioritize topics in this based on the difficulty level of each topic in this particular section.
- Order of attempt matters. Start attempting easy ones first and then move onto the difficult ones. Missing number, directions & distance, coding – decoding etc are few moderate topics, however puzzles and venn diagrams are counted under tough topics.
- Practice mock tests as this is one of the major factors that can actually help you to reach closer to your goal.
- Solving each and every question is not possible at times, so a candidate should not stuck on a question for long.
How to Clear SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam in the First Attempt
- Get a Clear Idea of the SSC CGL 2019 Exam Syllabus
The SSC CGL 2019 exam syllabus of all tiers should be carefully read. By this aspirant will get a rough idea as how to go about the complete exam and its planning. If you will know the syllabus well you will be able to make the right preparation strategy for SSC CGL 2019 exam. aspirants who know their strong and weak concepts well in advance must make a note of it and try to study those first.
- Study Plan of SSC CGL Tier I 2019
Lot of emphasis is to be given on formulating a study plan for SSC CGL Tier I 2019 exam. dedicate more of your time to your weak areas be it quant, English or reasoning etc. Make sure you keep some time for revision as well in your study plan.
- Choosing the Right Books and Resources
There are no specific books and resources for SSC CGL Tier 1 2019 exam. aspirants will have to find best online resources and books for SSC CGL 2019 exam preparation.
- Practice SSC CGL 2019 Mock Tests
Practice mock tests on a daily basis of SSC CGL Tier 1 2019 exam. Make sure that all important topics in the syllabus should be covered.
Once everything from the SSC CGL Tier I syllabus is covered one must put effort in solving previous years’ paper. Go through the previous years papers for SSC CGL Tier I exam from here.
We hope that this SSC CGL 2019 information will help.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"