Latest Update on SEBI Grade A 2020 Exam Dates
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the exam dates of SEBI Grade A 2020 have again been postponed until further notice. The last date for SEBI Grade A registration has also been extended to July 31, 2020.
SEBI Grade A Exam
Many government job aspirants earnestly wait for SEBI Grade A notification. SEBI Grade A is a coveted job, and it also offers you to work for SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India), a prestigious institution. Well, this year also the notification is out for 147 vacancies. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the SEBI Grade A application last date has been extended to May 31, 2020. Read: SEBI Grade A 2020 – Revised Last Date for Online Application. If you have a doubt whether you should apply for this exam, sign up here & take a free mock test of SEBI Grade A Phase I to see how well do you perform. Let’s have a look at all the important details of this notification.
SEBI Grade A Important Dates
Each year the announcement of SEBI Grade A Important Dates is done by SEBI which include SEBI Grade A Application Last Date, Payment of Fee Online Date, SEBI Grade A Call Letters Availability Dates, SEBI Grade A Phase I Date, SEBI Grade A Phase II Date and SEBI Grade A Interview Dates. Below are the SEBI Grade A Important Dates for this year.
|Activity||SEBI Grade A Important Dates|
|On-Line Application and Payment of fee On-Line||March 07, 2020 to May 31, 2020|
|Availability of Call Letters on SEBI website (for On-Line Examinations)||Will be intimated by email/SMS|
|SEBI Grade A Phase I On-Line Examination||July 4, 2020|
|SEBI Grade A Phase II On-Line Examination||August 23, 2020|
|SEBI Grade A Phase III- Interview||Will be updated|
SEBI Grade A Vacancies
This year the number of SEBI Grade A (Assistant Manager) Vacancies are 147 which are for General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Engineering Stream, Research Stream and Official Language Stream. Let’s have a look at the details of SEBI Grade A Vacancies.
|Stream||Number of Posts||Out of which PwBD**|
|General||32||22||12||6||8||80||1 (Autism/ intellectual disability/
specific learning disability/mental illness) *
1 (D & HH)
1 (B & LV)
|Legal||12||4*||2*||2||NA||6*||1 (B & LV)*
1 (B & LV)
|Information Technology||8||3*||1*||1*||NA||5*||1 (D & HH)*
|0||0||1*||0||NA||1*||1 (D & HH)*|
|Research||3||1||0||1*||NA||1*||1 (D & HH)|
|Official Language||1||0||0||0||0||1||1 (HH)*|
- * Indicates backlog vacancies.
- @ Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation.
- $ Reservations for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in recruitment is governed by Office Memorandum No.36039/1/2019-Estt(Res) dated 31.01.2019 of Department of Personnel & Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India.
- Candidates are permitted to apply for maximum of 2 streams only for which he/she is eligible to apply, as per their educational qualifications.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final examinations and waiting for the results are eligible to appear for the SEBI Grade A Phase I, SEBI Grade A Phase II and SEBI Grade A Phase III of selection process. However, the offer to join SEBI to the selected candidates shall be subject to production of necessary documents evidencin successfully obtaining the requisite qualification.
Also Read: SEBI Grade A 2020: Important FAQs
SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria
SEBI Grade A Eligibility Critieria comprises of Educational Qualifications and Age Limit. Aspirants who are preparing for SEBI Grade A, must check whether they meet the SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria.
SEBI Grade A Educational Qualification
|SEBI Grade A Stream||SEBI Grade A Vacancies|
|General||Master’s Degree in any discipline, Bachelors’ Degree in Law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA / CFA / CS / Cost Accountant.|
|Legal||Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Information Technology||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Electronics And Communication / Information Technology / Computer Science) OR Masters in Computers Application OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a post graduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in Computers / Information Technology.|
|Engineering (Civil)||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University / Institute.|
|Engineering (Electrical)||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University / Institute.|
|Research||Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance) / Econometrics from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Official Language||Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level or Master’s Degree in Sanskrit / English/ Economics / Commerce with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level from a recognized University /Institute.|
SEBI Grade A Age Limit
A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on February 29, 2020, i.e., a candidate must have been born on or after March 01, 1990.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
— up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them;
— up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
SEBI Grade A Selection Procedure
The journey to be a SEBI Grade A Officer will comprise of 3 phases. SEBI Grade A Phase I (online screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each), SEBI Grade A Phase II (online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and Phase III (Interview).
SEBI Grade A Phase I Online Exam
SEBI Grade A Phase I will be an online screening examination consisting of two papers (Multiple Choice questions of 100 marks each). Let’s have a look at the details below:
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.|
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II. Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Phase II examination process and will not be counted for final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. List of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on SEBI website.
- All question papers in SEBI Grade A Phase I, (except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
SEBI Grade A Phase II Online Exam
SEBI Grade A Phase II will also be an online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each. Have a look at the details below:
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to|
test the drafting skills
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy,|
Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Legal, Engineering Stream (Civil &|
Electrical) and Official Language stream:
Multiple choice questions on Specialized
subject related to stream. Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions|
on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
Note:- The details with respect to Paper – 2 of Phase II for Information Technology Stream shall be made available on SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) in due course.
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper II will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket.
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II (except IT stream for which details shall be informed in due course).
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase II exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase III.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview. List of candidates shortlisted for Interview will be made available on SEBI website.
- All question papers in SEBI Grade A Phase II, (except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
SEBI Grade A Phase III Interview
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview. Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English. Weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
SEBI Grade A Service Conditions, Pay & Allowances
- Candidates who get recruited for the post of SEBI Grade A will have to complete a probation period of 2 years.
- SEBI Grade A Salary will be in the pay scale of Rs. 28150- 1550(4)- 34350- 1750(7)- 46600- EB- 1750(4)- 53600- 2000(1)- 55600 (17 years). Presently, the gross emolument of a SEBI Grade A Officer including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. Rs. 1,07,000/- p.m. without accommodation and Rs. 73,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
- Other benefits viz., Leave Fare Concession, Medical Expenses, Eye Refraction, Education Allowance, Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Conveyance Expenses, House Cleaning Allowance, Staff Furnishing Scheme, Scheme for Purchasing Computers, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to a SEBI Grade A Officer.
- Residential accommodation for SEBI Grade A Officer would be provided subject to availability.
- The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices. The recruited officers may be posted to any department of SEBI, irrespective of stream.
Also Read: What is SEBI Grade A Salary?
SEBI Grade A Examination Centres
SEBI conducts its SEBI Grade A Phase I exam at various centres across the country. Have a look at the list of centres and decide which one is closest to you before you apply for this exam.
SEBI Grade A Phase I Examination Centres
Below is the state-wise list of cities where SEBI Grade A Phase I Exam will be conducted.
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Guntur||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Naharlagun||Maharashtra||Aurangabad(MH), Amaravati, Kolhapur, Nanded, Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai/Thane, Palghar, Nagpur,Nashik, Pune|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh – Mohali||Mizoram||Aizwal|
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur, Bhilai, Bilaspur (CG)||Nagaland||Kohima|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli &Daman and Diu||Surat||Odisha||Bhubaneshwar, Cuttak, Rourkela|
|Delhi||Delhi NCR||Punjab||Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Bhatinda, Patiala|
|Goa||Panaji||Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Udaipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad – Gandhi Nagar,Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Sikkim||Gangtok|
|Haryana||Faridabad, Ambala, Yamuna Nagar, Gurugram||Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Thiruchirapalli, Salem|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur||Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur||Ranchi,||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
SEBI Grade A Phase II Examination Centres
Below is the list of cities where SEBI Grade A Phase II Exam will be conducted.
|Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar||Hyderabad/ Rangareddy||Nasik|
|Chandigarh/ Mohali||Kolkata/ Greater Kolkata||Pune|
|Guwahati||Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Navi Mumbai/Thane||Surat|
|Hubli – Dharwad||Nagpur||Vishakhapatnam|
Please note that you can provide their preference of upto three centres for SEBI Grade A Phase I and one center for SEBI Grade A Phase II in the online application. Choice of Centre by candidates for SEBI Grade A Phase I and SEBI Grade A Phase II Exams can be different and must be indicated in the online application.
SEBI Grade A Phase III Interview Centres
The venue for SEBI Grade A Phase III Interview will be intimated to t
he shortlisted candidates in their interview call letters.
SEBI Grade A- How to Apply
Also Read: How to Apply Online for SEBI Grade A 2020?
SEBI Grade A Application Fee
If you are applying for more than one stream of SEBI Grade A, you need to apply separately. Please note that fee will only be accepted in the online mode.
|Category of Applicant||Amount of Fee(Non-refundable)|
|Unreserved/OBC/EWSs||Rs. 1000/- as application fee cum intimation charges|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||Rs. 100/- as intimation charges|
SEBI Grade A Call Letters
Once the SEBI Grade A Call Letter is released, we will provide the download link below.
You need to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. You also need to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter which should be the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in this advertisement and also specified in the call letter and (iii) Photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus
Sign up to take a Free Mock of SEBI Grade A Phase I and see which topic you are not comfortable with. Start putting more time on those topics where your performance needs to improve.
This is all from us in this article. We have tried to put all the information of SEBI Grade A Officer exam in this article. However, if you still have any doubt, you can mention it in the comment box below.
Wishing you good luck with your preparation!Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"