Are you all preparing well for SEBI Grade A 2020 exam? We sincerely hope that the SEBI Grade A 2020 notes which we are sharing with the candidates are helpful and must have been helping you in better preparation for this exam. According to the latest update released on May 26th related to SEBI Grade A the exam dates have been postponed until further notice. Moreover, the last date for the registration that was earlier May 31st has also been postponed. Candidates are very well aware that why such postponments are happening. Yes, it is because of the COVID-19 pandemic which is currently wide spread across the country. The Securities and Exchange Board of India describes the basic functions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India as to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development and to regulate the securities market. SEBI has released the notification for SEBI recruitment exercise for Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) for the streams including: General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Engineering Stream, Research Stream and Official Language Stream 2020. A detailed notification of SEBI Grade A 2020 announces 147 vacancies including the backlogs and also this time the exam pattern is complete changed.
Are You Planning to Apply for SEBI Grade A 2020? If yes then you have landed at the right place as you know we are constantly releasing free SEBI Grade A notes on regular basis. These SEBI Notes are in the form of PDFs and these PDFs are free to download. In this article we would be publishing a free PDF on Economics – Foreign Exchange Markets. Also, don’t forget to take a free mock test to assess your preparation level. Also, this free mock test will be a good tool to help you identify your weak areas and to improve upon them. We also hope that you are aware of the drastic change in SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern this year.
As far as the change is concerned this year SEBI has removed the section of Awareness about Securities Market from Phase I, Paper 2 has been added which has different topics depending on the stream for which you have applied. Keeping this in mind we are creating free SEBI Grade A Study Material which is based on the latest exam pattern. Our expert team is curating free online study material for SEBI Grade A 2020 for the following topics:
- Companies Act
- Economics (Part A + Part B)
Along with studying at home from our free SEBI exam study material, practice free SEBI Grade A mock test.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Free Study Material Economics – Foreign Exchange Markets
Today, we are publishing SEBI notes on ECONOMICS – Foreign Exchange Markets. This Free PDF comprises of the following topics:
- What is Foreign Exchange Market
- Benefits of using the Forex market
- Characteristics of Foreign Exchange market
- Transactions in Foreign Exchange market
- Functions of Foreign Exchange market
- Advantages/Disadvantages of Foreign Exchange market
- Factors affecting Foreign Exchange rates
- Exchange Control in India etc…
Download this free online study material for SEBI Grade A Officer. Sign up for more such Free SEBI Grade A Study Material. Download the Free SEBI Grade A Online Study Material PDF by clicking the link below:
For other such SEBI Grade A Study Material PDF aspirants can check the SEBI Grade A study material publishing schedule. Candidates can take a free mock test and check the complete analysis shared after the test is completed. Candidates preparing for the same would like to know more about SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Section Wise preparation tips.
SEBI Grade A Phase I Exam Pattern
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.|
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II. Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Phase II examination process and will not be counted for final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. List of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on SEBI website.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase II Exam Pattern
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to|
test the drafting skills
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy,|
Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Legal, Engineering Stream (Civil &|
Electrical) and Official Language stream:
Multiple choice questions on Specialized
subject related to stream. Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions|
on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
Note:- The details with respect to Paper – 2 of Phase II for Information Technology Stream shall be made available on SEBI website (www.sebi.gov.in) in due course.
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper II will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket.
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II (except IT stream for which details shall be informed in due course).
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase II exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase III.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview. List of candidates shortlisted for Interview will be made available on SEBI website.
Note: All question papers (in both the Phases, except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
SEBI Grade A 2020- Paper 2- Economics Syllabus
Below is the syllabus of Economics of Paper 2 as mentioned in the official notification of SEBI Grade A.
- Demand and Supply
- Market Structures
- National Income: Concepts & Measurement
- Classical & Keynesian Approach
- Determination of Output and Employment
- Consumption & Investment Function
- Multiplier and Accelerator
- Demand and Supply for Money
- Inflation and Phillips Curve
- Business Cycles
- Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Non-banking Financial Institutions
We sincerely hope that these Free SEBI new pattern notes will be helpful in your SEBI Grade A 2020 exam preparation. Stay tuned for more such free chapter-wise notes related to the upcoming SEBI Grade A 2020 exam.
- SEBI Grade A Paper 2 Free Study Material of Companies Act
- SEBI Grade A Paper 2 Free Study Material of Costing
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"