Preparing for SEBI Grade A 2020 exam? The SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase I is approaching now as it is scheduled on July 4, 2020 thus, it is the right time to continue your preparation for this important and reputed exam in the industry. Moreover, let us update the candidates with the SEBI Grade A 2020 last date to register online is 31st May, 2020, so candidates those who haven’t done with the online registration form yet must do so without any delay further. Our advice to the aspirants would be that they should not be waiting for the last day to register online, but to do it today in order to avoid last minute hassles. We expect that the aspirants must be preparing for the SEBI Grade A 2020 exam smoothly and our SEBI Grade A paper 2 free study material will surely be helping you a lot in your preparation. Those who still don’t have any clue about it, PracticeMock is consistently preparing and launching free SEBI 2020 notes that are based on the latest exam pattern. Since, this year SEBI has made changes in the exam pattern, thus to cater that we are curating high quality SEBI Grade A 2020 study material which is absolutely free of cost. In this article we will publish yet another free PDF on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers.
Download our free SEBI study material at no extra cost and keep taking mock tests in order to plan your SEBI Grade A 2020 exam preparation well. The postponement of the SEBI Grade A 2020 exam happened due to COVID-19 pandemic which is currently prevailing in the country. As the SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase I exam is scheduled on July 4, 2020 so, aspirants must keep on preparing the same by keeping in mind the vacancies and the SEBI Grade A 2020 exam pattern.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Revised Exam Dates
|Online Application and Payment of Fee||March 7, 2020 to March 23, 2020||March 07, 2020 to|
May 31, 2020
|Phase I – Online Examination||April 12, 2020||July 4, 2020|
|Phase II – Online Examination*||May 3, 2020||August 23, 2020|
Note: * Paper 2 of Phase II of Information Technology Stream shall be held separately, the details of which shall be available on SEBI Website in due course.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Vacancies
|Legal||6* + 28|
|Information Technology||5* + 17|
|Engineering (Electrical)||1* + 3|
|Research||1* + 4|
* Indicates backlog vacancies
There are a total of 147 vacancies for SEBI Grade A 2020, thus lot of competitive approach has to be there in order to fill these. In order to crack SEBI Grade A 2020 exam hard work is extremely important, so one must keep practicing mock tests. We advice aspirants to download these free SEBI Grade A 2020 study material and keep revising from these. In this article we are publishing free PDF on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Free Study Material on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers
Download this free SEBI 2020 notes PDF on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers. Below are the topics mentioned in this free PDF:
- Section 173: Meetings of Board.
- Section 174: Quorum for meetings of Board.
- Section 175: Passing of resolution by circulation.
- Section 176: Defects in appointment of directors not to invalidate actions taken.
- Section 177: Audit Committee.
- Section 178: Nomination and Remuneration Committee and Stakeholders Relationship Committee.
- Section 179: Powers of Board.
- Section 180: Restriction on powers of Board.
- Section 181: Company to contribute to bona fide and charitable funds, etc
- Section 182: Prohibitions and restrictions regarding political contributions.—
- Section 183: Power of Board and other persons to make contributions to national defence fund, etc.
- Section 184: Disclosure of interest by director.
- Section 185: Loan to directors, etc.
- Section 186: Loan and investment by company.
- Section 187: Investments of company to be held in its own name.
- Section 188: Related party transactions.
- Section 189: Register of contracts or arrangements in which directors are interested.
- Section 190: Contract of employment with managing or whole-time directions.
- Section 191: Payment to director for loss of office, etc., in connection with transfer of undertaking, property or shares.
- Section 192: Restriction on non-cash transactions involving directors.
- Section 193: Contract by One Person Company.
- Section 194: Prohibition on forward dealings in securities of company by director or key managerial personnel.
- Section 195: Prohibition on insider trading of securities.
Download this free SEBI 2020 notes PDF on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers. The PDF is completely free to download.
Download SEBI Grade A 2020 Free Study Material on Companies Act – Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers
SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase I Exam Pattern
|Paper||Streams/ Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream.||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.|
|Aggregate Cut off||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II. Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for Phase II examination process and will not be counted for final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. List of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on SEBI website.
SEBI Grade A 2020- Paper 2- Companies Act Syllabus
Below is the syllabus of Companies Act of Paper 2 as mentioned in the official notification of SEBI Grade A. The Companies Act, 2013 – Specific reference to:
|S Nos.||Topic||Publishing Schedule|
|1||The Companies Act- Introduction & Definition||March 19, 2020|
|2||Chapter III||March 25, 2020|
|3||Chapter IV||April 8, 2020|
|4||Chapter VIII||April 17, 2020|
|5||Chapter X||May 6, 2020|
|6||Chapter XI||May 12, 2020|
|7||Chapter XII||May 21, 2020|
|8||Chapter XXVII||May 25, 2020|
So what are you waiting for? Download the Free PDF of SEBI Grade A 2020– Paper 2- Companies Act- Chapter XII – Meetings of Board and Its Powers from the link given above and start preparing for SEBI Grade A 2020 exam.Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"