Generally, if we see the exam pattern of major banking and insurance exams, English language section is one common section other than Numerical Ability and Reasoning. Are you currently preparing for SBI PO 2020, SEBI Grade A, SSC CHSL Tier I, RBI Assistant Mains or SBI Clerk Mains etc. If yest then we have come up with a preparation strategy to this common section for all major upcoming banking and insurance exams. This English section preparation strategy will guide on what should be the approach to handle this particular section in the exam.
Let’s talk about the basic common topics first. Mentioned below a 20-day Study plan specifically for the English section.
English Section Study Plan
|Day||Task 1||Task 2||Task 3|
|Day 1||Take Mock Test & Analyse||Brush up Basic Grammar Rules||Add few words in your Vocabulary list|
|Day 2||Correct usage of words||Practice Sentence Improvement||Learn tips & tricks of Sentence Improvement|
|Day 3||Sentence Correction||Vocabulary||Rearrangement of Sentence|
|Day 4||Take Mock Test & Analyse||Reading Comprehension||Vocabulary|
|Day 5||Cloze Test||Vocabulary||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 6||Grammar Basics||Sentence Connectors||Vocabulary|
|Day 7||Practice Reading Comprehension||Error Spotting||Cloze Test + Vocabulary|
|Day 8||Sentence Correction + Vocabulary||Practice Mock Test||Cloze Test|
|Day 9||Fillers + Vocabulary||Para Jumbles||Reading Comprehension + Cloze Test|
|Day 10||Reading Comprehension + Vocabulary||Sentence Corrections||Fillers Practice + Cloze Test|
|Day 11||Take Mock Test & Analyse||Practice Cloze Test||Vocabulary +Reading Comprehension|
|Day 12||Take RC Topic Test||Vocabulary||Revise Sentence Correction|
|Day 13||RC + Cloze Test Practice||Para Jumbles||Take English sectional test|
|Day 14||Revise Vocabulary words done till now||Practice Cloze Test||Sentence Corrections|
|Day 15||Practice Reading Comprehension||Take up a Mock Test||Revise basic grammar rules|
|Day 16||Fillers + Vocabulary||Learn more Vocab words||Practice RC + Cloze Test|
|Day 17||Take Mock Test & Analyze||Reading Comprehension||Fillers|
|Day 18||Vocabulary||Para Jumbles||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 19||Revise all vocab words done till now||Revise basic grammar rules||Take mock test & analyse|
|Day 20||Take Lockdown warm up English Test|
This study plan is specifically crafted for the English language section and it is being created keeping in mind that the candidates will have to start from the basics. If preparing for RBI Assistant mains, here is RBI Assistant mains 2020 English Preparation Tips. The above-mentioned English study plan can be tweaked according to a candidate’s weak and strong areas and can be adjusted along with other sections too.
This is just an overview as how a proper study plan specifically for English section can be drafted, however each and every section is to be prepared well in detail in order to master the topics.
Basic English Section Preparation Tips
Though, as mentioned above that each and every topic is to be covered well in detail, here are few basic preparation tips for the English language section for major banking and insurance exams.
- A regular check is needed as far as grammar rules are concerned and these are to be applied as much as possible.
- Error spotting and Phrase replacement are usually asked when it comes to grammar rules.
- For reading comprehension, try and understand the main components of the passage. Try to understand its tone and pattern.
- Vocabulary is not built overnight thus; you have to make constant efforts to keep learning new words. Take help from our regularly updated vocabulary articles.
- Learn new words daily along with their meanings, synonyms and antonyms.
- For para jumbles practice more and more such type of questions.
- Learn and practice how to structure a sentence to make a flawless meaning. Grammar rules will help you while solving a Cloze Test.
- Last but not the least, practice as many mock tests as possible.
This is all from us in this blog. We hope this article will help aspirants in order to score better as far as English section is concerned in all major banking and insurance exams.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"