Are you preparing well for RBI Assistant and SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam? The SBI Clerk Prelims 2020 and RBI Assistant Prelims 2020 were held successfully on 22nd & 29th Feb and 1st & 8th March, 2020 and 14th Feb 2020 respectively. Those who are successfully done with the Prelims are now waiting for the SBI Clerk Mains and RBI Assistant Mains 2020 exam dates to come. In this article we are here to guide you on some common preparation tips in order to crack these mains examinations. Candidates are eagerly waiting for the dates of these exams to come, however our advice would be that instead of wasting any time for the dates rather keep on preparing your best in order to crack these exams. The RBI Assistant Mains and SBI Clerk mains 2020 exams got postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak in the country. Due to this emergent situation many important exam notifications and results of some have got delayed.
As far as RBI Assistant mains and SBI Clerk mains 2020 exams are concerned it is important to focus on the General Awareness for the two. General Awareness being a common section in these two exams play a significant role in achieving a good score. Mentioned below are the mains exam patterns for these two:
RBI Assistant Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Objective Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 mins|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 mins|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 mins|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 mins|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 mins|
|Total||200||200||135 mins (2 hours & 15 mins)|
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|2||General English||40||40||35 mins|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 hours & 40 mins|
As you can see in the above two exams, General Awareness being a common section, one must focus on this particular section in order to score well. Usually, candidates clear the prelims easily, however most of them have a fail attempt in the mains exam. In order to crack the mains exam of both SBI Clerk and RBI Assistant 2020 is to completely focus on the General Awareness section. It is this section in which candidates must try and score good as scoring good in this shall help you in gaining an edge above other aspirants.
Preparation Time Allocation
It is expected that SBI Clerk mains and RBI Assistant mains exam dates will be announced anytime soon now, so during these days the aspirants must prepare for these two with complete dedication and thus we recommend to spend a good time on the GA section. Adjust your preparations for the other sections depending upon your strengths and weaknesses.
Keep Revising General Awareness
GA is something which is not a one time affair and is to be revised regularly. One must stay updated with all the current events on a regular basis. By not giving importance to GA revision, candidates will end up scoring bad in this section. Similarly side by side other sections are to be revised regularly.
No Complicated Calculations
Unlike other sections such as quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability there are no complicated calculations involved. Thus, time taken to answer these questions will be extremely less.
GA is relatively a scoring subject as compared to quant and reasoning where aspirants can lose marks due to small calculation mistakes. This is a scoring section as candidates only have to memorize the information and that can be easily done through repeated revision
General Preparation Strategies & Tips to Crack SBI Clerk Mains & RBI Assistant Mains Exam
- Clear your basics in Reasoning and aptitude section
- Practice more and more different types of questions
- Goal setting is important, one can do it either daily or weekly basis. Stick to the goals and try to achieve it all.
- Give equal time and importance to each section including General Awareness.
- Try and solve more sectional quizzes and mocks
- Essential skills are very much required such as speed, accuracy, time management and choosing the right questions.
- Practice more mock tests and improve upon your preparation levels. This not only gives you confidence, but even helps you to face the actual exam with great confidence.
- Use all possible shortcut tricks in order to cut down on time duration.
- Current Affairs section for the last 6 months are to be revised thoroughly. As far as financial awareness goes candidates must know and revise everything related to finance.
- Go through business magazines, newspapers and other current affairs magazines on regular basis.
- Our monthly edition of Bazooka and monthly current affairs PDFs will surely help you in your preparation for this section.
- Pick and choose the most important current affairs and revise those properly. For example all recently conducted important events are to be remembered along with their facts and data. Padma Awards, Wimbledon 2019 and 2020 are few important topics to be covered for SBI Clerk Mains 2020 exam.
- Download PracticeMock app and take current affairs quizzes on regular basis. This will help you to revise General/financial awareness section in a better way.
- Static GK is not to be ignored. This is something that aspirants will have to memorize the details. If revised well candidates can score well in this.
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"