SBI Clerk 2020 Mains was scheduled to be held on April 19, 2020, however, because of the national lockdown caused by coronavirus, this exam has been postponed. Now that the lockdown has been extended until May 31, 2020, the SBI Clerk Mains will be conducted only after that. Even SBI Clerk Prelims results haven’t been declared yet. But instead of plainly waiting for the results, you can start making the best use of this lockdown period by preparing for SBI Clerk Mains.
Let’s first have a look at SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|2||General English||40||40||35 mins|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 mins|
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
So, you need to deal with 190 questions in 160 minutes. Obviously, you don’t need to solve all the questions but you have to ensure that you answer all the easy & moderate questions and also try to answer some difficult questions. Now the question comes: How to identify easy/ moderate questions from the difficult ones? This skill can only come by practice. You need to practice a lot of questions and then try identifying the easy/moderate questions when taking mock tests. Practicing continuously will definitely improve your performance.
A Systematic Preparation with This Study Plan
To aid you in your preparation, we have come up with SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan which will ensure a systematic preparation of all the topics across all the 4 sections. We have deliberately placed Mock Tests at different junctures of the SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan so that you are able to evaluate your preparation on a continuous basis. Start your preparation by taking a Free Mock Test in a controlled environment which will also provide a frank assessment of your performance. Use the remaining time of the day to work on your weak areas and revise the different topics as given in the SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan. Following this Plan will definitely improve your performance.
Let’s have a look at the SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan.
SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan
|Day||Task# 1||Task #2||Task #3|
|Day 1||Take the Free SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Mock Test||Evaluation of the Mock Test + Working on Weak Areas||Reviewing the Questions which you have skipped/ answered incorrectly|
|Day 2||Quantitative Aptitude- Profit & Loss||Reasoning- Seating Arrangements||Sign Up Here & Log in with your credentials to take Twice-a-Week CA Quiz on PM App|
|Day 3||English Language- Reading Comprehension||Reasoning- Direction Sense||General Awareness- Revision of RBI FAQs|
|Day 4||Quantitative Aptitude- Approximation & Simplification||English Language- Synonyms/Antonyms||General Awareness- Revision of Weekly Current Affairs from PracticeMock’s Free PDFs|
|Day 5||Reasoning- Machine Input-Output||Quantitative Aptitude- Number Series||Sign Up Here & Log in with your credentials to take Twice-a-Week CA Quiz on PM App|
|Day 6||Take the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Mock Test 1||Evaluation of the Mock Test + Working on Weak Areas||Reviewing the Questions which you have skipped/ answered incorrectly|
|Day 7||English Language- Idioms and Phrases||Reasoning- Data Sufficiency||General Awareness- Revision of Basic Banking Terminologies|
|Day 8||Quantitative Aptitude- Problems on Ages||English Language- Fill in the Blanks||Sign Up Here & Log in with your credentials to take Twice-a-Week CA Quiz on PM App|
|Day 9||Reasoning- Syllogism||Quantitative Aptitude- HCF & LCM and Mensuration||General Awareness- Dams and Thermal Power Plants, National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries and Biodiversity Hotspots|
|Day 10||English Language- Sentence Rearrangement & Practicing Sets||Reasoning- Inequalities||General Awareness- Books & Authors|
|Day 11||Take the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Mock Test 2||Quantitative Aptitude- Ratio & Proportion||General Awareness- News related to Finance & Economy|
Some Handy Tips to Clear SBI Clerk Mains 2020
- First things first, take a free mock test to assess your current level of preparation.
- Once you have done the assessment, you can take the corrective actions and put extra efforts to improve on your weak areas.
- Go slow but learn the concepts inside out. Please keep in mind that SBI Clerk Mains checks the conceptual clarity, unlike the Prelims exam which checks the speed.
- Use authentic & relevant study material to clear your basic concepts. Take the help of online videos available if it suits you.
- Do a lot of practice on the topics you have understood. For eg. if you have learnt the concept of simple interest & compound interest, solve at least 100 questions on simple interest & compound interest. Similarly, if you have understood the concept of parajumbles, solve at least 100 questions on this topic.
- At the same time, have a complete understanding of the exam pattern. Ensure that you don’t miss out on any important detail.
- Don’t directly jump into taking Mock Tests. Start taking Sectional Tests first and evaluate your performance. Check out the analysis of the questions you skipped/ answered incorrectly.
- Take due time to look at the analysis you receive once you have submitted the mock test.
- Work on the weak areas as highlighted in the feedback. Check which kinds of questions are consuming a majority of your time.
- You should see an improvement in the highlighted weak areas in the subsequent mock tests.
- Continue this practice for all the sections. Ensure that you have minimal weak areas across all the sections.
Tips for SBI Clerk 2020 Mains- For General Awareness Section
- Starting preparation early and Revision on a regular basis is the key to score good marks in this section.
- It’s advisable to use Weekly Current Affairs PDFs for GA preparation and it’s highly recommended that you make your own notes.
- These notes will be very helpful in the preparation of this section and for revision as well.
- Keep reading newspapers on a daily basis and make note of the important events.
- Use Monthly Current Affairs Capsule PDFs to revise current affairs on a monthly basis.
Tips for SBI Clerk 2020 Mains- For General English Section
- Be through with the SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Pattern. Also, check the detailed syllabus English Language section of SBI Clerk 2020 Mains.
- Revise all the English grammar rules
- Reading Comprehension is a very important section. Ensure that you start solving 1 RC on a daily basis.
- Start reading on a regular basis.
Tips for SBI Clerk 2020 Mains- For Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Be aware of SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
- Make a schedule and assign 1-2 topics for each day.
- Ensure that you focus more on those topics in which you are weak.
We will keep updating the SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan on a regular basis. Keep following this and your performance will definitely improve.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"