SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims got over in the month of February 2020 and the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 exam that was scheduled for 19th April, 2020 has got postponed because of the national lockdown caused by Coronavirus outbreak. The SBI Clerk prelims results and mains dates were announced yesterday. The SBI Clerk Mains exam is now to take place on 31st Oct, 2020. We assume that by now the candidates must have been all prepared for the SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam, however those who are still not ready consider this exam delay as an opportunity to prepare well. A free mock test of SBI Clerk mains 2020 is available. The SBI Clerk Prelims 2020 exam analysis is here, however the prelims result is still awaited. In this article we are here to update aspirants regarding the revision strategy of General/Financial awareness section.
Let’s first take a look at the SBI Clerk 2020 Important Dates
SBI Clerk 2020 Important Dates
|1||On-line registration Dates||3.01.2020 to 26.01.2020|
|2||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||3.01.2020 to 26.01.2020|
|3||Download of call letters for Prelims Examination||11 Feb 2020|
|4||Conduct of Prelims Examination – Online||22 Feb, 29 Feb, 1 March, 8 March|
|5||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||Postponed due to COVID-19 (will be announced later)|
|6||Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||Postponed due to COVID-19 (will be announced later)|
|7||Conduct of Online Examination – Main||Postponed due to COVID-19 (will be announced later)|
|8||Result of Online Examination – Main||Will be announced later|
SBI Clerk 2020 detailed notification was out on 2nd January featuring a total of 8000 vacancies. Before moving further onto the SBI Clerk mains General/Financial awareness section let us take a sneak peak into the SBI Clerk 2020 mains exam pattern.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|2||General English||40||40||35 mins|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 Hr. 40 min|
General/Financial Awareness section for SBI Clerk Mains 2020 is quite an important section that cannot be ignored and it is to prepared effectively. If this section is prepared well, aspirants will be able to attempt max questions in minimum time and unlike other sections this one is scoring. Thus, we are here to share with you some important revision tips and strategy especially for this lockdown period so that candidates can prepare this section with ease. Firstly, let us understand that why General/Financial awareness section is important:
- Unlike other sections such as quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability there are no complicated calculations involved. Thus, time taken to answer these questions will be extremely less.
- Secondly, GA is relatively a scoring subject as compared to quant and reasoning where aspirants can lose marks due to small calculation mistakes. This is a scoring section as candidates only have to memorize the information and that can be easily done through repeated revision.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 – General/Financial Awareness Revision Tips and Strategy
- Current Affairs section for the last 6 months are to be revised thoroughly. As far as financial awareness goes candidates must know and revise everything related to finance.
- Pick and choose the most important current affairs and revise those properly. For example all recently conducted important events are to be remembered along with their facts and data. Padma Awards, Wimbledon 2019 and 2020 are few important topics to be covered for SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam.
- Download PracticeMock app and take current affairs quizzes on regular basis. This will help you to revise General/financial awareness section in a better way.
- Practice mock tests especially the general/financial awareness section in SBI Clerk mains 2020 mock test. Practicing more and more mock tests will help you improve your overall performance in the actual exam.
- While revising, try and use the elimination method as in some questions it gets easy to answer the question if few options are eliminated. So, apply this technique wisely.
- As far as news articles are concerned, while revising these make sure that you are able to answer what? When? Where? How? And why? for these.
- Learning and revision of abbreviations is extremely important as since these are huge in number so candidates may get confuse. All abbreviations relevant to the examination are to be revised thoroughly.
- Download our free Current affairs PDF and our monthly bulletin of Bazooka will surely help you prepare well for this section of SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam.
- Static GK is not to be ignored. This is something that aspirants will have to memorize the details. If revised well candidates can score well in this.
- Practice previous year question papers as it will give you an idea as what kind of questions are appearing in the examination.
- Even if its general/financial awareness section avoid guessing the answer randomly.
These are some of the important tips and revision strategy for General/Financial Awareness section of SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam. Keep giving mock tests and stay well prepared.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"