SBI Clerk Prelims 2020 was scheduled on Feb 22, 2020 and took place successfully. The much awaited SBI Clerk Prelims results have been out and the SBI Clerk Mains examination date is 31st Oct, 2020. This time the SBI Clerk Prelims results got delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic which is currently prevailing in the country. Since the SBI Clerk mains exam dates are out, our advice to the aspirants would be to start preparing for the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 exam without any delay further as not much time is left for the examination to commence.
Though, the dates of the SBI Clerk mains exam have not been announced yet, but it is expected anytime soon now. So, don’t wait any further and take SBI Clerk mains free mock test to know your preparation level and your weak areas. This national lockdown has given every candidate an equal opportunity to do self-study, so we suggest aspirants to utilize this extra time well to clear all your doubts and improve upon your weak areas. In this article we will guide you through the reasoning and computer aptitude section of SBI Clerk Mains 2020 exam. Also, PracticeMock has launched daily sectional tests for Quant, Reasoning and English. These special Lockdown Warm-Up tests are free to attempt, however each test will only be valid for 24 hours. So, practice your reasoning section well by giving these lockdown warm up tests on daily basis.
As candidates must be knowing that logical reasoning and computer aptitude is an important section and scoring at the same time. Let’s take a look at the SBI Clerk mains 2020 exam pattern in order to understand how many questions are asked from this section and what are the marks allocated.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|2||General English||40||40||35 mins|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 hours & 40 mins|
Note: *1/4th of mark assigned for a question will be deducted for each wrong answer
As you can see the reasoning ability and computer aptitude section is of 60 marks and the number of questions to be answered are 50 and total time allotted for this section is 45 minutes. Looking at this pattern we are mentioning few important topics from reasoning ability and computer aptitude section that are expected to be asked in the SBI Clerk Mains 2020 exam.
Important Topics Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude – SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam
- Blood Relations
- Logical Reasoning
- Direction Sense
- Order & Ranking
- Flow Chart
- Data Representation
- Seating Arrangement
To help the aspirants we are mentioning topic-wise preparation tips for these.
- The basic approach for each topic is to be cleared first.
- Understanding of the question first is important
- Practice questions on this topic
- Questions related to data sufficiency are usually based on other topics from this section.
- Have a clear understanding of other topics and solving questions of this topic becomes easy.
- By reading the question try to make out what all data is required to arrive at the answer and then proceed to the statements that have been provided.
- Analyzing of statements separately is important
- Don’t conclude and mark the answer after reading just one statement. Don’t forget to check other statements before marking your answer.
- Narrowing down the possible answer can be done by using the elimination option approach.
- Questions from this topic may be from order & ranking, blood relations, coding-decoding, directions & distance etc.
- Practice SBI Clerk mains 2020 mock tests to practice new type of syllogism questions
- Practice direct and reverse syllogism questions thoroughly
Puzzles & Seating Arrangement
- Puzzles and seating arrangement form a major chunk of the reasoning section
- Problems with number of variables are to be done carefully
- Practice of multiple parameter questions is important including scheduling, tabulation, floor-based problems etc.
- Regular practice is the one and only way to ace this reasoning ability section. Practice at least for 1 hour daily especially of puzzles and arrangement-based questions.
- In order to solve puzzle-based questions organise the information in the desired structure and always start with the direct information given.
- The puzzle which provides lot of information will be easy to solve.
- These types of questions can be solved possibly by making diagrams
- Before starting with this one must have a clear sense of directions and also must be clear with the direction names. Apart from North, East, South and West there are North-East, North-West, South-East and South-West
- Lot of practice is required to solve these kind of questions
- Consider yourself facing North and then start the question by applying statements on it.
Blood relations questions too needs lot of practice and a sound knowledge of blood relations is required.
- Correct answer depends upon your sound knowledge of blood relations.
- Paternal and maternal relations are to be known well
- These questions can be asked in puzzles too.
- Drawing a relationship tree helps to solve blood relation questions
These are some of the important topics and their tricks by which these problems can be solved well. Try and score good marks in the reasoning ability and computer aptitude section and this can be achieved by practicing well. Practicing mock tests is very crucial in order to ace this section. Make sure that you remember all shortcuts or tricks if any to solve these kinds of questions. Try and solve the easy questions first as this will not only improve upon your score, but also will improve your confidence.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"