Aspirants who would have appeared for SBI Clerk Prelims have to really wait for a long time. The Prelims of this exam took place long back on February 22, February 29 and March 1, 2020. And SBI Clerk aspirants have been waiting from that date. The Mains exam did get postponed but even SBI Clerk Prelims results were not declared. Aspirants have been preparing with the Well! In this article, we will be providing you with all the details of SBI Clerk Prelims Results & SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Dates.
SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims Results
It’s been more than 9 months since the Prelims exam was held. The result of SBI Clerk Prelims is out now. Check the Prelims Results here. Until then, keep preparing for the SBI Clerk Mains exam. Remember, now that the Prelims results are out, the Mains date will also be released and you won’t get much time to prepare for the 4 sections viz. General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude & General/Financial Awareness. So it’s prudent that you start your preparation right away. Why don’t you take a Free Mock Test of SBI Clerk 2020 Mains to know your performance in a controlled environment?
SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Dates
As per the official notification of SBI Clerk 2020, the Mains exam was scheduled to take place on April 19, 2020; however COVID-19 has changed a lot of things in our life and same is the case with the Mains date. SBI Clerk Mains will now be held on October 31, 2020. Serious SBI Clerk aspirants should take a cue from this and get started with their preparation. Taking a Free Mock Test of SBI Clerk Mains will only help you in getting familiarized with the exam environment. And based on the feedback of the mock test, you can improvise your preparation.
SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 mins|
|2||General English||40||40||35 mins|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 mins|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 mins|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 mins|
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Syllabus
|English Language||Reasoning Ability|
|Cloze Test||Alpha-numeric/ Alphabetical Series|
|Error Spotting||Analytical Reasoning|
|Fillers – Single, Double||Blood Relations|
|Idioms and Phrases||Coded Inequalities|
|Odd One Out||Coding and Decoding|
|One Word Substitution||Data Sufficiency|
|Parajumbles||Directions and Distances|
|Paragraph Completion||Double Line-up|
|Sentence Improvement||Input Output|
|Synonyms/ Antonyms||Order and Ranking/Direction|
|Vocabulary based questions||Puzzles – Box based, Floor, Calendar, Day/Months based, etc.|
|Seating Arrangement– Linear, Circular, Facing Inside/Outside, Mixed|
|Statement and Conclusion|
|Statement-Course of Action|
|Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Age Problems||Sports personalities|
|Average||International Organisations’ HQ/ President/ Chairman/ Secretary General.|
|Boats and Stream||Country in news, with its capital, important rivers, President and PM.|
|Clock and Calendar Problems||National Parks|
|Data Interpretation – Charts and Graphs: Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI||Wildlife Sanctuaries|
|Data Sufficiency||Atomic, Nuclear, Thermal Plants|
|LCM and H.C.F||Important Dams|
|Mixture and Allegations||Ministers and their Constituencies|
|Number Series||Ministers and their Portfolios|
|Number System||Current Affairs (last 6 months)|
|Partnership||Indian Financial System|
|Percentage||History and Structure of Indian Banking|
|Permutation and Combination||Indian Economy|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Regulatory bodies- RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC|
|Probability||History/Functions/Roles of RBI|
|Profit, Loss and Discount||Budget Basics|
|Quadratic Equations||Current Union Budget|
|Simple and Compound Interest||International Organisations/ Financial Institutions|
|Simplification & Approximation||Indian Constitution|
|Monetary and Credit Policies|
|Concepts like BASEL|
|Credit Rating Agencies|
|Priority Sector Lending|
|Current Bank Rates|
|Awards & Honours Sports|
SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Preparation Tips
We suggest that regardless of whenever the SBI Clerk Mains dates are released, you should start your preparation seriously. After COVID-19, the job market seems to be slightly grim and you need to make the most of the opportunities you still have in hand. So prepare well for the exam and once the SBI Clerk 2020 Mains Dates are released, go and ace the exam.
- Know the exam pattern very well. Having a look at the exam pattern at the end (or when the exam dates are released) is a bad idea.
- While Prelims is a speed-based exam, Mains exam checks your conceptual clarity.
- Understand how SBI Clerk Mains is different from Prelims exam. Not only there are more sections in this exam, but even the level of questions asked is a bit difficult.
- Check Mains syllabus as well. Ensure that you cover a majority of the topics which are mentioned in the syllabus.
- Also, now that you have the extra time to prepare for SBI Clerk Mains since its dates are not announced, use this extra time to prepare the topics in which you are not good at.
- All in all, practice a lot of questions. And this practice must be backed by reviewing your mistakes on a regular basis.
- Correcting your mistakes now only will help you in the exam.
- Last but not the least, keep taking mocks tests. Mock tests will constantly update you of your performance on which you can constantly improve.
This is all from us in this article. We hope that you will utilize this extra time to stay on the top of your performance and will land a government job in the banking sector.
Wishing you good luck with your preparation!
Some Free PDFs which will help you in your preparation
- Direction Sense PDF- Concept, Tips & Questions for Practice
- PDF of Quadratic Equations Comparison with Tips & Expected Questions
- Simplification & Approximation PDF- Concept, Tips & Model Questions
- Inequalities PDF- Concept, Tricks, Examples & Expected Questions
- Simple/Compound Interest Tricks & Model Questions- PDF
- PDF- Syllogism- Only & Few Concepts & Questions
- List of Firsts in Indian Banking System- Download Free PDF
- List of Countries, Capitals & Currencies- Download Free PDF
- Alphanumeric Series PDF- Tips & New Type Questions
- Banking Abbreviations PDF wtih Model Questions
- Reading Comprehension Guide PDF with Expected Questions
- Weekly Current Affairs- Download Free PDF
- Daily Quantitative Aptitude | Reasoning | English | Current Affairs Quizzes for Banking & Government Exams
- The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary- Download Free PDF
- Static GK- Download Free PDFs- For All Government, Banking Exams
- Data Interpretation Tips & Expected Questions- Download PDF
- Cloze Passage PDF with Concept, Examples, Tips & Model Questions
- Seating Arrangement Tips & Questions- Download Free PDF
- A Guide to Master Your Vocabulary- Download Free PDF
- Profit & Loss Concept, Formulas, Tricks, Examples & Questions for Practice- Download Free PDF
- 800+ Synonyms/Antonyms- Download Free PDF
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"