SBI Clerk Mains is just 10 days away as the exam is scheduled for 31st Oct, 2020. The SBI Clerk Prelims results have been declared yesterday along with SBI Clerk Mains exam dates. We would like to inform to the candidates that the SBI Clerk mains 2020 admit cards have also been released.
With SBI Clerk Mains scheduled on Oct 31, 2020, there are only 10 days left in the exam. The competition is really tough as all of these aspirants have already shown their mettle by clearing the Prelims thus, you need to put the best of your performance on the day of the mains exam and for that, you have to utilize the remaining time appropriately. For this we are here to help the aspirants with this 10 days SBI Clerk mains revision strategy. Candidates can tweak the same as per their exam preparation till now. Here we are with the SBI Clerk mains exam pattern first.
SBI Clerk Mains 2020 Exam Pattern
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of SBI Clerk Mains.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Language||Duration (in mins)|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||English/ Hindi||35|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English/ Hindi||45|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||English/ Hindi||45|
|Total||190||200||English/ Hindi||2 hours 40 mins (160 mins)|
Negative marking of ¼ is applicable to incorrect answers.
Revision Strategy for English
There will be 40 questions of 40 marks which should be answered in 35 minutes. This simply means you get less than a minute for a question. Let’s have a look at the revision strategy: Reading Comprehension is something which is nearly indispensable in the English section. Keep practicing RC questions on a regular basis via Mock Tests until the day of the exam and see which questions are you answering wrongly. Have a look at the analysis & detailed solutions and try not to repeat those mistakes in the upcoming mock tests. Also, take Topic-wise quizzes and Mini Mocks which are absolutely free of cost on the PracticeMock App.
On similar lines, do the practice & analysis of questions on the below topics: Error Spotting, Fill in the Gaps, Phrase Replacement, & Sentence Completion. Also, revise the rules of the below topics:
- Parts of Speech
- Voice Change
- Subject-verb Agreement
- Degrees of Comparison
If you’re already reading the editorial of a newspaper on a daily basis, keep continuing that practice.
Revision Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
There will be 50 questions of 50 marks for which you will be allotted 45 minutes. You need to be mindful of difficult questions and keep them for the end. Keep trying this strategy of identifying difficult questions in the Mock Tests. Also, you need to view the detailed solutions of the questions answered incorrectly so that you don’t repeat the same mistake in the real exam. Basically, the questions of this section can be segregated as per the below topics:
- Simplification & Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Quantity based Questions
- Data Sufficiency
Keep your fundamentals of ratio, average & percentage crystal-clear. These concepts are frequently used in different word problems as well as data interpretation questions. Also, memorize the tables until 30 and square & square roots of numbers until 30 and cube & cube roots until 20. Take topic-wise sectional quizzes & Mini Mocks on PracticeMock App free of cost which are updated on a daily basis.
Revision Strategy for Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
There are 50 questions of 60 marks and you get 45 minutes for this section. Keep taking Mini Mocks for the Reasoning section on PracticeMock App & check the detailed solutions for the questions answered incorrectly. Please keep in mind that questions will have differential marking in this section so proceed accordingly. Below are the topics which you shouldn’t miss to practice & revise in these remaining 10 days.
- Arrangement & Pattern
- Machine Input Output
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Analytical Decision Making & Verbal Reasoning
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Ordering & Ranking
- Direction Sense
Please keep in mind that all sections in the real test will have a mix of easy and difficult questions. Ideally, you need to skip the difficult questions and solve the easy ones first. To attain dexterity in this skill you need to undergo a lot of practice. Mock Tests are a perfect tool to practice and sharpen your conceptual clarity.
Revision Strategy for General/ Financial Awareness
This section has 50 questions of 50 marks which should be answered in 35 minutes. Of all the sections, this section is the most scoring one as unlike the reasoning & quants sections, you don’t need to solve any question. Either you would be knowing the answer or you wouldn’t be knowing it. With the right preparation done in these 10 days, you can take the sectional as well as the overall score to new heights. Don’t forget to revise the below topics:
- Current Affairs National and International
- Indian Economy
- Basic Economic terminologies
- Award and Honours
- Books and Authors
- Recent appointments in various government organizations
- Schemes announced by central/state governments recently
- Sports news
- Information about important organization like the RBI, SEBI, MCA, and other regulatory bodies.
- Structure and Functions of RBI Electoral Bonds
- Credit rating agencies, both national and international
- FDI limits in various sectors
- RBI monetary policies 2019 and any other announcements made by it
- News related to Mergers and Acquisitions and Buyouts
- Important Financial Terms
- Indian Finance System
- General Knowledge related to Banking
- Important Banking Terminologies
- Information about NBFCs and how it is different from any other banks
- NPAs and SARFAESI
- BASEL guidelines
- Information about organizations like NABARD, Planning Commission, Finance Commission, World Bank, etc.
- Economic/ Financial terms & concepts such as, GDP, GNP, PPP, HDI, Inflation, WPI, CPI, IIP, SLR, CRR, Repo rate, Reverse Repo, Bank rate, Mutual Funds, Open Market Operations, Money supply, Reserve Mortgage Loan, Priority Sector Lending, NEFT, RTGS, Banking Correspondence agents, Bancassurance, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- BASEL norms and GST
- Assets, liabilities and working capital of a bank;
- India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves
- Balance of Trade and Balance of Payment
- Finance and Railway Budget 2019, Companies Bills 2013 and any recent important amendments in it
- Stock markets and bond markets
- Primary markets and Secondary markets
- Financial Inclusions and various initiatives towards it
Also do the revision from PracticeMock’s Most Probable CA questions, Our Monthly Magazine Bazooka and Download PracticeMock App for weekly Current Affairs Quiz.
We hope that the above article will be helpful in your preparation in these last 10 days. Take a Free Mock Test of SBI Clerk Mains Now and get an insightful assessment of your preparation.
Wishing you all the best for your preparation!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"