RRB NTPC CBT 1 2019-20 is just around the corner and aspirants must be in their last lap of exam preparation. The exam is scheduled for 15th December 2020, so its time to pull up your socks and start focusing on the important concepts. By this we do not mean that you have to ignore the non-important ones, but proper balance is to be maintained between the two as you never know what topic is asked in the examination and of what weightage. As we all know that Mathematics is quite an important section in RRB NTPC CBT 1 and all you need to ace this section is practice. Decimals and Fractions forms a major part of the mathematics section and these can be solved quickly if practiced well. Thus, in this article we are here to guide the candidates about this particular topic along with its practice questions so that you can solve these easily in the actual exam.
Decimals and Fractions are related and are parts of each other. Decimals refer to a mathematical concept which are a form of fractions having a number that has the power of 10 in denominator regardless the number at the place of numerator.
Short Tricks to Solve Decimals and Fractions Questions
These tips and tricks help the candidates to quickly solve these types of questions thereby enhancing their chances of scoring well in this section.
- In order to simplify fractions HCF is calculated and the HCF obtained is multiplied to both the numerator and denominator. This reduces the fractions down to their lowest common fraction.
- In order to simplify the arithmetic operation that is to be performed on decimal, decimal point needs to be shifted.
- If the exponent of 10 is a positive integer then we will shift the decimal point to the right side of its current placement and if its negative then the decimal point will get shifted to the left.
Practice Questions Decimals & Fractions for RRB NTPC 2019-20
1. Find the value of 2.5 × 8.4 + 112.4 – 62.72 ÷ 5.6
2.5 × 8.4 + 112.4 – 62.72 ÷ 5.6
= 21 + 112.4 – 11.2
Hence, option c.
2. Find the value of
Hence, option c.
3. Find the value of
Hence, option d.
4. Find the value of 14.56 + 94.80 – 61.42 + 24.8 × 4.6
14.56 + 194.80 – 61.42 + 24.8 × 4.6
= 147.94 – 114.08
Hence, option b.
5. Find the value of 258.1 ÷ 14.5 – 142.45 + 18.8 × 16.2
258.1 ÷ 14.5 – 142.45 + 18.8 × 16.2
= 17.8 – 142.45 + 304.56
Hence, option a.
These are some of the practice questions for Decimals and Fractions for RRB NTPC. Practice these questions and other similar questions from our RRB NTPC free mock test. Buy RRB NTPC 20 Tests for ₹225 only.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"