If you’re preparing for RRB NTPC Exam, your revision must have started by now. With the exam being scheduled on December 25, 2020, you have only 20 days left. You must realize by now that the competition is on the extreme end for this exam. The only way to clear this exam is practising, reviewing your attempts and make corrective actions. Make full utilization of these 20 days to stay ahead of the competition and you will surely be able to clear this exam. In this article, we will be sharing the revision tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning section. But first, let’s have a look at RRB NTPC exam pattern:
RRB NTPC 2019 Stage 1 CBT Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
- The duration of 90 minutes will be there for the exam.
To give you an idea of the competition, please be informed that there will be 90+ lakh candidates for these 35,000+ vacancies. To have an upper hand in this exam, you need to make a revision strategy and work on it. Let’s have a look at the strategy for General Intelligence & Reasoning which contains 30 questions out of 100 questions. These questions check your logical thinking skills and are easy to answer if you have practised well beforehand. Have a look at the details of this section:
|Marks per correct answer||1|
|Marks per incorrect answer||0.33|
Based on previous years’ questions papers, we are presenting to you the expected number of questions from each topic of this section. You are advised to prepare all these topics very well since these topics have been asked repeatedly in previous years’ exams. If you face any issue in any of these topics, please refresh your concepts and solve a lot of questions. If you are still unable to answer correctly, check the detailed solution and see where are you lacking. Following this will help you score as many marks as possible in the actual exam in General Intelligence & Reasoning section.
|Completion of Number||1-2|
|Coding and Decoding||3-4|
|Similarities and Differences||1-2|
|Inserting Missing Term||1-3|
|Statement- Courses of Action||1-2|
|Maps and Interpretation of Graphs||2-3|
When you would have practised these topics without any time-limit, it is best for your preparation that you start taking mock tests. Mock tests will have exactly the same number of questions with the same difficulty level which will be asked in the RRB NTPC exam. Even the time which you will be provided will be only 90 minutes. Since there isn’t any sectional timing in this exam, you have to be very careful in switching between the 3 sections. As per your strengths and weaknesses, you need to try different strategies and stick with the one which gets you the maximum marks. Use mock tests to try different strategies.
Apart from the topics mentioned above, there are some other topics as well which can be asked in the exam. You should brush up the concepts of these topics as well which we are providing below:
- Folding & un-folding of Punched hole/pattern
- Folding and completion of Figural Pattern
- Address matching
- Date & city matching
- Classification of centre codes/roll numbers.
General Intelligence & Reasoning section- Topic-wise Tips
Let’s now have a look at the topic-wise revision tips:
- You can either use Venn diagrams to solve syllogism questions or you can memorize the rules & answer them.
- If you follow the right concepts, you can easily have around 90% accuracy in this topic since it’s completely based on rules.
- Practising is very important to have an upper hand in syllogism questions. Practice at least 5 sets of syllogism questions on a daily basis.
- Practising daily will help you memorize & revise the rules as well.
- Questions on blood relations are often lengthy and look complicated as they have a number of relationship mentioned. However, don’t get intimidated and start solving them.
- These questions are easy to solve and have higher accuracy.
- Using diagrams will simplify the process of answering these questions.
- When you revise, come up with your own shortcuts to display relationships, gender etc.
- For example, you can denote males by + and females by -.
- Similarly, you can denote marriage with dotted line and other relationships with straight lines.
- Blood relations can be of different types viz. Single person Blood relation, Mixed blood relation & Coded blood relation. Practice all these types of questions while you do your revision.
- These questions are considered moderate-difficult; attempt them only if you are sure of the answers. Please note that there is a negative marking of 0.33 mark.
- Don’t spend more than 2 minutes on a single question.
- These questions are also easy to solve and takes less time.
- The angle between two cardinal directions is 90 degrees and that of any two nearest directions will be 45 degrees (for eg. the angle between North and North-East).
- The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. So at sunrise, a shadow would be falling towards the west and at sunset, it would be falling towards the east.
- If a person faces north at the time of sunrise, his shadow will be towards his left and if he faces north at the time of sunset, his shadow will be towards his right.
- If a person faces south at the time of sunrise, his shadow will be towards his right and if he faces south at the time of sunset, his shadow will be towards his left.
- If a person moves right, he moves 90 degrees in the clockwise direction and if the person moves left, he moves 90 degrees in the anticlockwise direction.
- Circular, Linear Seating Arrangement questions have been asked in the past and this year also it is expected that a major number of questions will be from General Intelligence & Reasoning section.
- There are no specific rules or set of directions for seating arrangement questions. The only way you can excel in this topic is practice.mo
- Once you have solved a seating arrangement set, you can answer all the questions from that set.
- Be very careful when you solve the set. If your logic is incorrect, all the questions will be wrong.
- Practice 1 set of seating arrangement on a daily basis and review your attempts. This daily practice will help you a lot.
This is all we have in this article. We strongly suggest that you do a lot of practice to sharpen your reasoning skills and keep taking mock tests to evaluate & improve your performance. Wishing you good luck with your revision!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"