RRB NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Category) announced around 35,000 vacancies to be filled. A lot of government job aspirants have shown their interest by applying for these vacancies which are for both Graduates and Non-Graduates across Zonal Railways and Production Units of the Indian Railways. But unfortunately, the Stage 1 exam keep getting postponed. The lockdown because of COVID-19 made the matter worse and it took a lot of time for RRB to shortlist the exam conducting agency. However, the good news is that RRB NTPC 2019 Stage 1 will be conducted December 15, 2020, onwards. In this article, we will be sharing the tips which will help you to score 25+ Marks in the General Intelligence & Reasoning section of RRB NTPC Stage 1.
Although you must be already familiar with the exam pattern of Stage 1, we are providing you with its details in a tabular format below.
RRB NTPC 2019 Stage 1 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
The total duration of the exam will be 90 minutes and sectional timing will not be there. This means that you get 54 seconds for a question. It’s obvious that you cannot solve all the questions but you should try and solve those questions first which are easy and moderate in terms of the level of difficulty. This way you will secure those questions marks. Now, let’s have a look at the syllabus of RRB NTPC 2019 Stage 1.
Number System, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Elementary Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics etc.
General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
Analogies, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Similarities and Differences, Relationships, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle, Data Sufficiency, Statement- Conclusion, Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making, Maps, Interpretation of Graphs etc.
General Awareness Syllabus
Current Events of National and International Importance, Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India, General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE), History of India and Freedom Struggle, Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World, Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system, General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India, UN and Other important World Organizations, Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large, Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Common Abbreviations, Transport Systems in India, Indian Economy, Famous Personalities of India and World, Flagship Government Programs, Flora and Fauna of India, Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India, Current GK etc.
Tips to Score 25+ Marks in General Intelligence & Reasoning
By now you must have realized that only 55 days are left for RRB NTPC Stage 1 to take place. The syllabus is vast and you need to understand the concept of a number of topics and have to practice lots of questions on those topics. To help you with your preparation, we have come up with the below tips. Following these tips on a religious basis will ensure that score high in General Intelligence & Reasoning section. We have shortlisted the important topics of RRB NTPC below on which we are providing the tips. These topics are often asked in RRB NTPC exams of previous years. Practising well on these topics will definitely help you get good marks. Let’s have a look at the tips now:
- Here questions will be simple and you will be asked to decode the code. For eg. in the question, if GOOD will be written as HPPE, FOOD will be written as ____.
- These questions are pretty simple to answer. You just need to identify the patterns and come up with the answer. Follow these tips to answer coding decoding questions quickly.
- Practice coding decoding questions a lot. Only practice can help you solve these questions fast and with accuracy. You can even solve coding decoding questions in your mind as well.
- In these types of questions, you are given information about some people who are seated next to each other. Questions will be there on which person is sitting next to which person or which person is sitting at the extreme right etc.
- Seating arrangement can be linear arrangement, circular arrangement, graphical arrangement, tabular arrangement etc.
- Sometimes, there will be extra parameters of blood relations, ranking, direction sense etc. mentioned.
- Practice a lot of different types of seating arrangement questions. With practice, you can get acquainted with different kinds of questions and can answer the questions quickly.
- Don’t get scared of seeing a long question of seating arrangement. If the question is long, there is more information which will probably help you answering the question quickly.
- Some aspirants are particularly scared of syllogism questions. But if you have properly understood its rules and have done enough practice, you can score all these marks.
- Practice so many questions that you memorize Syllogism rules.
- Since there is negative marking of 0.33 mark, don’t make any guesses.
- Questions are asked from topics such as Pictorial Analogies, Symbol Series, Symbolic Operations, Numeric Patterns, Spatial Relations, Space Visualizations, Spatial Reasoning, Mirror Image and Space Image.
- All these topics are particularly easy and scoring. You need to understand the logic behind each topic and practice questions on them.
- Practising will ensure that you become fluent in all these topics and can answer these questions.
- Questions will be in the format of Aeroplane : Air:: Motorcycle : ???
- Read & understand the terms given in the sentence and identify the relationship between them.
- These questions are extremely easy to answer if you have practised them. Have a look at these Analogies tips.
- Also, improve your vocabulary as some words can be common and some can be difficult ones.
- Questions on mathematical operations basically check your calculation and approximation skillset.
- To get an upper hand in these questions, you should memorize tables up to 50, squares and square roots until 50 and cubes & cubes roots until 30.
- Also, practice plays an important role in answering these questions quickly. Follow these tips on mathematical operations (simplification & approximation) to gain speed.
We have covered tips of all the important topics of General Intelligence & Reasoning above. Following these tips will definitely help you score 25+ marks in this section. By now, you must have understood that practice plays an important role. Start practising mock tests of RRB NTPC and know which areas you are not able to perform well. Put more efforts on those topics and your performance will definitely improve.
We hope that this article will be helpful in your preparation. If you have any input for us, please write it in the comments section below.
Wishing you good luck with your preparation!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"