RRB NTPC 2019-20 examination is expected to start from 15th December, 2020. Those who wish to clear this exam must stay well prepared. We suggest the candidates to practice lots of mock tests and try and cover each and every topic. This is the Computer Based Test (CBT 1) that we are talking about. RRB NTPC is an examination that has no dearth of candidates to apply. The one and the most important thing to crack this particular examination is to master the General Awareness section and Current Affairs forms a very vital part of this. According to the recent trends of the examination this has become a crucial part and so we are here to talk exclusively about the preparation strategy for the current affairs section for the upcoming RRB NTPC exam. Check out the Best Preparation Strategy for RRB NTPC Current Affairs Section. Let’s first take a closer look at the exam pattern.
RRB NTPC CBT 1 Exam Pattern
Computer-Based Test (CBT)- 1 is divided into following segments.
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
As it can be clearly see that General Awareness carries maximum weightage in terms of total number of questions and total marks, thus this is to be mastered well. If maximized the score in this section one can do wonders.
What to Prepare in Current Affairs for RRB NTPC
Current Affairs as we all know has not set pattern or syllabus and the candidates must stay updated with all the recent and important events happening around. Usually current affairs of part 6 to 7 months are asked in the examination thus, these topics should be studied accordingly.
Government & Non-Government Schemes
- Budget 209-20
- Census 2011
- Under which Ministry
- Basics points of GST
- Brand ambassadors (if any)
- Tagline for the same
- Mission & summits etc
- Topics to be studied under this includes:
- Public sector undertaking organizations
- Chief Ministers
- Governors of the various states
- Appointments pertaining to government
- National and international organizations (for example, banks, their heads, tagline, etc.)
- Presidents/Prime Ministers of countries in the news of late
- Chief Ministers
- This is mainly in respect to India and the leaders of that index
- Indices related to peace hunger, corruption, poverty, black money, development and crime etc.
These are frequently asked in the examination, thus one should have a sound knowledge of these.
Prize & Awards
- Badminton (major Grand Slams)
- Mascot of the game
- Bharat Ratna
- Khel Ratna
- Film Awards including Oscars, BAFTA, IIFA etc
- Noble Prize and Pulitzer Prize
Sports & Records
Questions can be related to:
- Cups, trophies and medals etc
- Important players who won medals at both national and international levels.
Science & technology
Questions can be asked related to:
- ISRO, Mars, Moon & Sun etc
- Other prominent discoveries in the outer space
Books & Authors
- Recently published books and their authors (especially if written by a politician)
- Name of the exercise and countries involved
- chakras related to military like Param Veer Chakra, Sena Medal etc.
- test(s) performed recently
- Chief of army, navy and airforce etc
- Names of storms & cyclones
- Natural calamity or emergency
- Obituary of prominent personalities etc
The topics that are mentioned above covers all the topics related to current affairs and must be prepared well for the RRB NTPC examination.
How to Prepare for Current Affairs for RRB NTPC – Tips
Here we are giving important information to the candidates as how they should be preparing for the current affairs section including tips and and preparation resources.
- Read Newspaper
Daily habit of reading newspaper will give you a sound knowledge of what is happening around in terms of all the topics mentioned above. This is the best source to keep a track of the daily happenings and it even reduces your burden of covering current affairs of past 6 months in one go.
- Prepare Notes & keep in handy
It is not possible to remember each and every thing that you read on a a daily basis, thus the concept of making notes helps. Take down notes of all important things which you feel that can be asked in the examination and you come across in any current affairs magazine or newspaper. Also, keep it safe and handy so that you can revise the same later.
- Attempt Mock Tests
Your current affairs preparation is just incomplete without practicing. Practice mock tests and current affairs quizzes on a regular basis as they not only help you with new information, but also helps you in assessing yourself among your competitors. So, attempt mock tests to analyze your performance in a better way.
We wish all the aspirants a very best of luck for their RRB NTPC exam preparation. Stay tuned for more exam related updates.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"