RBI Grade B 2020 is one of the most prestigious jobs in the banking sector for which aspirants strive hard. The RBI Grade B notification for this year is not out yet, however serious aspirants have already started preparing for the same. Have you also started preparing for RBI Grade B Phase I? If yes, then it is the right time to plan a strategic approach. This article talks specifically about English Language preparation strategy for RBI Grade B Phase I 2020 exam.
Initially, in order to help aspirants prepare better let us talk about the exam pattern first. Mentioned below is the RBI Grade B Phase I exam pattern.
RBI Grade B Phase I Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Objective Type Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|(i)||General Awareness||80||80||25 mins|
|(iii)||English Language||30||30||25 mins|
|(iv)||Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 mins|
As far as RBI Grade B is concerned lot of hard work is required and a well drafted preparation strategy is required too. We have given detailed RBI Grade B syllabus and aspirants can even check the RBI Grade B preparation resources for Phase I and Phase II respectively. All this is on the basis of previous year’s notification. Make sure all-important topics shall be covered for all sections that are a part of RBI Grade B Phase I 2020.
RBI Grade B Phase I free mock test is live for the candidates to attempt and know their weak areas. Apart from a free mock test we have recently launched RBI Grade B study notes. These RBI Grade B notes are specifically for ESI & FM. As aspirants must be knowing that there is not much gap between RBI Grade B Phase I and Phase II examinations, thus it is important to prepare for both these phases simultaneously. These RBI Grade B notes comprises of following things:
- Finely Curated keeping previous 5 years of RBI Grade B exams in mind
- Coverage under Economics and Social Issues, Finance and Management
- Complete Study Notes; Revision Notes; Chapter-wise Quizzes
- Monthly Current Affairs for RBI Grade B 2020 (Phase 2)
- 10 Full Length Mock Tests for Phase 1; 15 Sectional Tests (5 each of English, Quant and Reasoning)
- 20 Full Length Mock Tests for Phase 2 (10 – ESI & 10 – FM)
Now coming back to the English section, there are few important topics which needs a thorough preparation and revision as far as RBI Grade B Phase I 2020 exam is concerned. Mentioned below are the important topics.
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Errors & Sentence Correction
- Phrase Replacement
Let us discuss these points in detail so that it helps aspirants to prepare better for the English section in RBI Grade B Phase I 2020 exam.
Candidates generally think that RC is a difficult nut to crack, however it is not the case always. One fact about this that can’t be denied is that these are little time consuming, but still practicing can help you overcome this difficulty level.
- Reading and understanding of the passage is extremely important in the first go.
- Try and take down notes wherever you find it important.
- Read the questions first and then read the passage as it increases the chances to locate the answer well.
- The first and the last paragraph often tells you the gist of the passage, so try and read it through first and take points out of it.
- Regular reading newspapers may help you in gain knowledge as how to read and point out important points.
- Moreover, we regularly post vocabulary blogs highlighting difficult words and their meanings. This will surely help you in gaining a better understanding of how to read the passage.
These can be tricky at times, but getting the sequence right may help you won half of the battle.
- Get the underlying idea of the sentence by reading the same at once.
- Each of the options are to be then checked as how they fit in together
- Try and look for any chronological order such as time and dates etc.
- Once you catch the gist of the sentences right, you can fill up the rest of the sentences well.
Practicing of these particular types of questions is important, else candidates will find it tricky and difficult.
This topic in English section is one in which each word option is to be checked and see how to fit it in the whole sentence. For these particular types of questions, elimination method may work. Even if a candidate manages to attempt 80% of the questions then they are good to go. The basic tip to solve cloze test is to not look at the options and read the sentence and then try and choose the options.
Spotting Errors & Sentence Correction
In this one after reading the sentences once or twice, most probably you will be able to find the answer. It is an important topic asked in RBI Grade B Phase I exam. There will be times when a candidate may feel that the sentence is correct and has no errors, thus, solving these types of questions is to be done extremely cautiously. It is often seen that out of 5 questions, few might have obvious mistakes. So, try and attempt those questions first so that you can score right there.
- Read the complete sentence in the first go and get the basic idea.
- One by one the answers are to be eliminated depending upon their suitability.
- In order to attempt such questions accurately, a candidate’s grammar should be up-to-date, else the accuracy of the answer will be hampered.
RBI Grade B Phase I 2020 Generic English Preparation Tips
In order to qualify English section for RBI Grade B Phase I, mentioned below are few generic preparation tips to implement in your study plan.
- Candidates must focus on RC, Parajumbles, Cloze Passage and fill in the blanks in order to ace the English section.
- For a better understanding as how to prepare for this exam, here are RBI Grade B Phase I & Phase II preparation resources.
- At least 1 hour is to be dedicated to English while preparing for the RBI Grade B Phase I exam 2020.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible in order to clarify the grammatical concepts. Moreover, it helps you to increase your reading speed which will be helpful in reading comprehension.
- Not only practice mock tests, but analyze those as well so that you get to know your weak areas.
- Create a proper study plan for RBI Grade B Phase I 2020 and follow the same religiously.
Following the above-mentioned tips and tricks for preparing for RBI Grade B Phase I English section may help you a lot.
Wish you all the best for your exam preparation.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"