The Mains exam of NIACL AO was conducted today which had 312 vacancies and we are out with its analysis. There were 4 sections: English, Reasoning, General Awareness & Quantitative Aptitude. The paper was moderate in terms of difficulty level. Let’s start with the section-wise analysis.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE OVERVIEW
The English language section was moderate.
- Reading Comprehension: 15 questions on 2 sets of RC
- 1 RC on the importance of Technology in the insurance industry with 7 questions
- 1 RC on Robotics with 8 questions
- Phrase Replacement: 5 questions
- Error Detection: 5 questions
- Cloze Test: 5 questions
- Sentence Starters: 2 questions
- Match the Columns: 3 questions
- Fill in the Blanks: 5 questions
- Words Arrangement: 5 questions
- Para Jumbles: 5 questions
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE OVERVIEW
The Quantitative section was moderate.
- Data Interpretation: 23 questions on 4 sets (Passage + Data, Table, Bar Graph, Pie chart with data of male/female students)
- Word Problems: 9 questions
- Probability: 1 question
- Average: 2 questions
- Mensuration: 1 question
- Time & Work: 1 question
- Time & Distance: 1 question
- SI & CI: 1 question
- Ratio: 1 question
- Investment: 1 question
- Number Series: 6 questions
- Linear Equation: 1 question
- Quadratic Equation: 6 questions
- Data Sufficiency: 5 questions
The Reasoning section was easy-moderate.
- Puzzles: A total of 22questions were asked in 5 puzzles
- 1 question each on Floor Puzzle & Height Puzzle respectively
- 5 questions on 6 persons and their positions in companies
- 5 questions on a Square Puzzle having corners, colours & fruits
- 5 questions on a puzzle involving 7 people, their DoB and the cities visited
- 5 questions on a sitting arrangement puzzle involving 10 people who are sitting in sets of 5 people facing each other and like different colours
- Data Sufficiency: 5 questions
- Syllogism: 3 questions
- Input-Output: 5 questions
- Coding-decoding: 5 questions
- Blood Relations: 4 questions
- Critical Reasoning: 5 questions
- Alphabetical Rearrangement: 1 question
The questions asked in this section were easy to moderate. The focus was more on current affairs of last 3-4 months and questions on Static GK were less in number. Overall this section was easy-moderate.
- A letter to a News Editor highlighting the harmful effects of online games like PUBG
- A letter to a friend highlighting the importance of MSME
- A letter to an Insurance company regarding the claims of a damaged vehicle
- Education is the mother tongue at the primary level
- Pros & Cons of buying insurance policies online
- Will you advocate for Greenery or for Broadening of Roads?
- English Language: 32-35
- Quantitative Aptitude: 30-32
- Reasoning Ability: 31-34
- General Awareness: 33-36
Hope this analysis will help the aspirants on what kinds of questions are asked. That’s all from our side. We wish the aspirants “All the Best” for their results.Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"