LIC Assistant Prelims will be held on Oct 30, 2019, and your preparation for this exam must be in the final mode. The number of vacancies this year is 7,861 for which the competition would be really intense. Whatever preparation and practice you have done till now will be at stake and it is for this reason that your preparation in these remaining 12 days will matter a lot. In this article, we have come up with the Revision Strategy for the Numerical Ability section. Utilizing this strategy will help you revise the Numerical Ability section properly and you will be able to give your best in this section. Let’s first quickly have a look at the Exam Pattern of LIC Assistant Prelims:
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||Name of the Tests||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Medium||Min Qualifying Marks||Min Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||Others|
|1||English Language/ Hindi Language**||30||30||English/ Hindi||11||12||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||English/ Hindi||13||14||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English/ Hindi||13||14||20 mins|
It’s clearly visible that Minimum Qualifying Marks have already been set and for Numerical Ability it is 14 (13 for SC/ ST/ PwBD). In other words, you need to score at least this many marks and a really good overall score to clear the Prelims. Take a Free Mock Test of LIC Assistant Prelims and see if you are able to score these many marks. Also, compare your score with other aspirants in the detailed analysis to see if how are you faring in the competition. Let’s now get started with Numerical Ability Revision Strategy you should adopt in these remaining 12 days.
Revision Strategy for Numerical Ability
First things first, revise and reinforce the basic concepts of all the topics of numerical ability. Put special focus on those in which you still have scope for improvement. Remember, there’s no alternative to practice. Practising really well on numerical ability questions will not only refresh the concepts but will also increase your speed. Below is the list of topics you must revise:
- Age Problems
- Boats and Stream
- Clock and Calendar Problems
- Data Interpretation – Charts and Graphs: Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and H.C.F
- Mixture and Allegations
- Number Series
- Number System
- Permutation and Combination
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Quadratic Equations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Simplification & Approximation
- Speed, Time & Distance
Obviously, revising these many topics is for sure a challenge. But remember, success comes to those who work hard. Also, keep taking Mock Tests for practice in a controlled environment and to get insightful feedback.
- When it comes to topics like Simplification, Number System and HCF/LCM, you should be dexterous enough to quickly decide which question to pick & which to skip. The easy questions from these topics will fetch you sure-shot marks. Try solving as many questions mentally as possible.
- Be absolutely thorough in the concepts of percentage, profit & loss and averages. You should be quick enough to answer these questions. Sometimes, these concepts come handy in data interpretation questions also.
- Memorize & keep revising the fractional values & tables up to 30, squares & square roots of numbers up to 50 and cube & cube roots of numbers up to 30. At times, knowing these values help you a lot while doing quick calculations.
- When you practice speed, time & distance questions, make a note & understand the scenarios where direct & inverse relationship works. Practice the concept of relative speed as well which is used in questions where there is an effect of increasing/decreasing speed. Also, remember that Boats and Streams Questions are nothing but a variation of time, speed & distance questions.
- Data Sufficiency questions are not required to solve always. But if at all, you are in some doubt, solve the question completely and see exactly what information is required to answer the question. Don’t forget to use either-or scenario as well.
- Try to solve a considerable number of missing/wrong number series questions in these remaining 12 days. This will help you to understand the logic of different series quickly which will be helpful in the actual exam.
Keep all these tips in mind when practising questions in these 12 days. Remember, the efforts put by you now can make a big difference. Start by taking a Free Mock Test of LIC Assistant Prelims and review your performance. While reviewing see in which questions these tips could have helped you. In the next mock tests, try using these tips and you should observe the difference in your performance. If you have any feedback, please use the comments section below.
Wishing you good luck for your exam!
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"