IBPS has released the notification for IBPS PO 2020 for a total of 1417 vacancies. As per the notification, the Prelims is scheduled to start from 3rd October 2020. With the registration for the same already started, aspirants looking to make a career in this field should, without wasting any time, complete the registration and start their preparation. The IBPS PO 2020 online registration is till Aug 26th, 2020 so those who haven’t filled up the online forms must do so right away and then take a free mock test of IBPS PO Prelims 2020 in order to have a quick glance of your initial preparation level. With almost 2 months in hand to prepare for this upcoming major banking exam aspirants must leave no stone unturned and should try their best to clear the IBPS PO 2020 exam in the very first attempt. In this blog we will guide the candidates to follow these preparation tips for the Reasoning section as this section has topics that require lot of practice.
IBPS PO 2020- Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application bycandidates||05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Trainingl||September 2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training l||21.09.2020 to 26.09.2020|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||October 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||03.10.2020, 10.10.2020 and11.10.2020|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October/ November 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||November 2020|
|Online Examination – Main||28.11.2020|
|Declaration of Result – Main||December 2020|
|Download of call letters for interview||January 2021|
|Conduct of interview||January / February 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
A candidate appearing for IBPS Preliminary Examination will have to answer 100 questions across three sections, namely, English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. Further, there is a time limit of 20 minutes for each of the section. In order to qualify this exam, a candidate will be required to clear the cut-off marks that will be decided by IBPS. Let’s take a look at the IBPS PO Prelims exam pattern below:
IBPS PO 2020 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
Generally, it is seen that Reasoning Section is little more challenging to tackle as compared to the other two sections. But with two months to the exams, we believe there is sufficient time for an aspirant to prepare for this exam and especially this section. Hence, in this article, we shall focus on tips and techniques for preparing the Reasoning Section for your IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2020.
In any exam, the sole purpose of having reasoning section is basically to test the logical and reasoning ability of a candidate, and perhaps that is the reason why this sections turns out to be little tricky. Hence, before jumping onto the preparation tips, it is important to be aware of possible topics that you should cover as part of this section.
- Input Output
- Seating Arrangement
- Coding & Decoding
- Data sufficiency
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphabet test
- Ranking / direction / order
- Coded Inequalities
- Blood relations
- Logical reasoning
The key to a good preparation strategy is to understand the concepts pertaining to each of the topics and then practice hundreds of questions on it. Further, we generally see that students tend to categorize topics into three categories, namely, easy, moderate and difficult. However, we would suggest you to refrain from doing this at this stage as you have enough time on hand to prepare for this section. Hence, your focus in the first month of preparation should be more on clearing your concepts and practicing questions. In between you may wish to take a free mock test of IBPS PO Prelims, but that is completely on you to decide. In the second month of your preparation, you should be shifting gears and start focusing on taking mock test on a daily basis and solving previous years’ questions paper. The reason we are suggesting this is because reasoning section can be tackled with ease only if your concept are clear and that will happen only if you have spent good amount of time practicing many questions from every topics. So, we would strongly recommend you to buy IBPS PO Prelims Test Series, as it will help you to practice sufficient number of questions.
Once you are done with your preparation (i.e. it should be over by mid of September), take a IBPS PO Prelims Free Mock so that you get to know your performance with respect to Time, Accuracy, Questions, Marks, Percentile and Rank. Also, this Free Mock Test will help you understand your strong and weak areas. Also, you get to have insight on your time & accuracy with that of the average scorer and the topper. Once you have of all these insights, you can simply start focusing more on the areas which needs more attention in terms of preparation.
IBPS PO Prelims – Some more tips to prepare for Reasoning Section:
Besides following the above mentioned suggestions, we would also recommend you to go through the below mentioned guidelines that might come handy while preparing for this section.
- Make sure you read and understand the requirement of questions pertaining to Reasoning Section. It will be a big risk not to understand the question well. Also, it is wise to move to the next in case you feel that you are not clear with the requirement of the question.
- You should look to get good grasp on topics, such as blood relation, directions, syllogisms, statement assumption and conclusion, as they can be quickly solved with high accuracy. In fact, you should prioritize solving these questions first so as to ensure that you score well in these topics.
- We suggest that questions on puzzle should be solved at the end after you have completed the other questions as questions on these can be little tricky. However, in case you have practiced questions on this topic well, then you may opt for solving it.
- While solving questions on Data Sufficiency, make sure you understand the statement well. Further, do not assume any data of your own. The best way to tackle questions on this topic is by simply asking yourself whether the question can be solved on the basis of the information given in the statements. The good part about Data Sufficiency question is that is does not involve much calculation and so if you find yourself doing that then there would definitely be something you may have missed out while reading the question.
- Avoid spending much time on any questions in case you get stuck. In fact, you should time each of your questions and follow a hard stop in case you are not able to crack it. You can always come back to a question and solve it if you have time left.
- Take one question at a time without thinking about the next or the previous questions. Get yourself completely engrossed in the question at hand and in case you feel that it is taking longer than you had expected to solve then simply move to the next question. The key to crack this section is by attempting questions that you are confident about solving in the first attempt.
Finally, keep in mind that you need to solve 35 questions in 20 minutes, hence it is important to first find the easier questions and then solve them as quickly as possible.
Lack of good preparation will make you find Reasoning Section tricky and the only way to avoid it is by practicing questions and taking mock tests. But we are confident that with two months in hand you will be able to prepare well. So, start your preparation today itself!
We hope this article was helpful to you and wish you luck for your exam.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"