As you all know that RRB PO Prelims 2020 is now over and without any wait for the results and delay one must start working towards the goal to clear RRB PO mains as well. This is the time when aspirants must strive hard to prepare for it as you are currently in the exam mode and most of the things including preparation of some common sections is already done by you. IBPS RRB PO Mains this year is scheduled for October 18, 2020 which is not that far now. With just 19 days left for the exam to commence practice as many mock tests as possible. We are hoping that by this time most of your syllabus and topics have been covered. Since, now is the time when you must start your preparation cum revision for the RRB Officer Scale 1 mains examination. In order to make you more familiar with the topics and concepts studied, we are here with us section-wise preparation cum revision tips for IBPS RRB PO Mains 2020. Though these are not the last minute revision tips, but if you have started with your revision or you are planning to create a revision strategy on your own then these can be surely considered. However, the last minute never comes when it is about an exam preparation as till last moment you have something or the other thing in mind. So, here we are with few revision tips to be considered in these remaining days.
Though, candidates must have checked it several times by now, here is the glimpse of the RRB PO Mains exam pattern.
IBPS RRB PO 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||40||50||*||Composite Time of 2 Hours|
|4 a*||English Language||40||40||English|
|4 b*||Hindi Language||40||40||Hindi|
- Negative Marking of 0.25 per incorrect answer is applicable.
- Aspirants need to clear the overall & sectional cut-offs to qualify for the Interview.
- Marks obtained in the Mains exam only will be considered for shortlisting for Interview and for the Final Merit List.
- Candidates can opt either 4 a or 4 b.
RRB PO mains examination is the second last stage of the IBPS RRB PO 2020 recruitment process. The third and last being the Interview which comes once you clear the Mains. So, here are some revision tips for different sections that can surely help you to ace this particular examination.
Reasoning Tips & Scoring Topics
Let’s start with the reasoning topics. Reasoning can be a little lengthy and thus, it is time consuming also. The best way to catch hold of this section is to practice as much as you can. Scoring topics included in Reasoning are as follows:
- Coded Inequalities
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Directions and Distances
- Analytical Reasoning
- Double Line-Up
- Puzzles – calendar based, box based etc
- Statement and Conclusion
- Seating Arrangement etc…
Reasoning is considered to be time consuming, however still there are ways by which you can achieve success in this particular section.
- Practice as many new type of questions as possible
- Puzzles can be asked in combinations too instead of simply being asked direct, so be prepared for such type of questions.
Quantitative Aptitude Topics and Revision Tips
Scoring topics included in Quants are as follows:
- Data Sufficiency
- Time and Work
- Number System
- Trigonometry etc…
Quant generally is considered difficult as conceptual clarity is important in this one. Still candidates can make most of this section by following these below mentioned revision strategy for RRB PO Mains 2020.
- Shortcuts play an important role and while solving new type of questions try and devise some shortcuts. Cramming the existing ones won’t solve the purpose, rather learn how to implement them.
- Try and solve any problem faster, and it can be done by visualizing the same beforehand.
- Brushing of the basics can’t be ignored.
- Try and take speed and accuracy both together. Ignoring any one can actually make you land in a difficult situation.
- Perform the calculations carefully
English Language Scoring Topics and Revision Tips
Those who were thinking that they got rid of the English section in the Prelims, now have to do extra effort in order to clear this particular section in the RRB PO mains examination. English is important irrespective of the field you choose to go in. Whether it is a government, banking or an insurance job one must know English and thus, there is a proper section of English language in these exams. Now, it can be further divided into three categories such as: Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension. Scoring topics included in English are as follows:
- Phrases & Idioms
- Error Spotting
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Active-Passive Voice
- One Word substitution
As far as revision tips are concerned:
- One should surely inculcate the habit of daily reading. A good financial newspaper can be read to start with on a regular basis. You can check out our editorial article that is being updated regularly.
- Knowing the basic English grammar rules is important.
- Practicing lot of mock tests will surely help and will do the trick when it comes to preparing for this section.
General Awareness Scoring Topics and Revision Tips
The scoring topics of this section are as follows:
- Static GK
- Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs
As far as the general awareness section goes, thoroughly reading of newspaper helps here too.
- Here for this section NCERT comes into picture. One must revise 10th, 11th and 12th NCERT books which is a kind of mandate to do well in this one.
- Newspaper to be read should not be any but, should be related to business and economics such as The Business Line, The Economic Times and Business Standard etc.
- Financial Magazines are to be referred along with the newspaper.
- Above all, practice as many mock tests as possible.
Computer Scoring Topics and Revision Tips
Computer is one section that can be relied on revising your previous notes etc. Just like practicing previous year’s question papers help, simply by revising your computer section you can do well in this particular section.
These are few tips and tricks which may help you to excel in your RRB PO Mains 2020 examination. Check out your fellow aspirant’s success stories for all major government, banking and insurance exams. Alternatively, you can download the PracticeMock Mobile App for lot of free material, mini mocks, topic-wise quizzes and other latest updates etc.
- RRB PO Mains 18 Day Study Plan & Preparation Strategy
- IBPS RRB PO Mains 2020- Revision Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
- Expert Last Minute Tips to Crack RRB PO Mains 2020 Exam
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"