Candidates must have started preparing for IBPS RRB PO and Clerk exams as the IBPS RRB notification 2020 was released on 30th June 2020. This year the exam notification got delayed because of COVID-19, however now since the exam notification is released the candidates are advise to take a free mock test of IBPS RRB PO or Officer Scale I 2020 Prelims exam. By taking the free mock test aspirants can know better as where they are lacking and on what topics they need to practice more. For those who have seen and have understood the exam pattern of IBPS RRB OS1 must know that the RRB PO Prelims 2020 exam comprises of only 2 sections including Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. In this article we are giving candidates an idea as how they can clear their quantitative aptitude section. We are explaining well defined strategy that shall help you in preparing well and also in clearing the RRB PO Prelims Quantitative Aptitude section.
For those who want to know an expert strategy on how to prepare for Reasoning Section for RRB PO Prelims 2020 exam can click on the link. Before moving further onto the quant strategy let’s first take a look at the RRB PO Prelims 2020 exam pattern and number of vacancies etc.
IBPS RRB 2020 Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application bycandidates||01.07.2020 to 21.07.2020|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||01.07.2020 to 21.07.2020|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training l||12.08.2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training l||24.08.2020 to 29.08.2020|
|Download of call letters for online examination – Preliminary||August, 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||September/October 2020|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main / Single||October/November 2020|
|Online Examination – Main / Single||October/ November 2020|
|Declaration of Result – Main/ Single (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/ November 2020|
|Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/November 2020|
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/November 2020|
|Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.(Multipurpose))||January 2021|
IBPS RRB PO/OS1 2020 Vacancies
As far as the number of vacancies are concerned, there are 3800 vacancies for the post of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I.
IBPS RRB PO 2020 Exam Dates
|IBPS RRB PO/Officer Scale I 2020||Prelims|
IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Language||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||Hindi/English||40||40||Composite Time of 45 minutes|
As candidates can see that the Quantitative Aptitude section in RRB PO prelims 2020 exam comprises of 40 marks including 40 questions. Thus, in order to perform well one needs a planned strategy for it. Quant is one section which often aspirants ind tough. This is not a topic that can be learned overnight. One reason of this being tough is lack of practice. Thus, it is advised that aspirants should attempt as many mock tests as possible in order to practice well. Also, RRB PO Prelims memory based test is also live on our platform which will give you an actual insight as what all questions came in the previous year paper. Attempt RRB PO Prelims memory based test.
In order to get good score in quant it is important to follow the right approach. Mentioned below are few ways to go about it:
Clear Your Basics
- First thing is that you should clear all your basics as this section requires that. For those who are weak in any mathematical operation must first clear that and memorize the techniques if any.
- Memorize tables and squares and cubes till 50 as it will be helpful.
- Understanding the concepts of Ratio,Percentage and Average etc are important.
Knowing the Important Chapters
- One must have a clear understanding of what all topics are important and those concepts are to be practiced well.
- Number Series and questions of Simplification and Approximation are frequently asked in the exam, thus are to be revised thoroughly. Keep these topics on high priority.
- Quadratic Equations is yet another important topic along with Data Interpretation that has a good weightage in the exam. DI includes topics such as Ratio, average and proportion etc.
- Have good command over mathematical operations and Number Series.
- Once you know the important topics, prepare a proper schedule arranging the chapters in sequence that you will be doing.
- Picking up random topics for preparation may result in confusion, however these should always be picked topic-wise.
- A proper topic wise schedule is to be followed.
Practice High Level Questions
- Aim at gaining expertise in mastering high level questions. Once you are well versed with that you can easily solve easy and moderate level questions.
- Practice IBPS RRB PO Prelims memory based test in order to practice real questions asked in the exam.
- Try and practice questions in the stipulated time limit. This will candidates will be able to manage their exam time well.
Track Your Performance
- As we always advise that giving mock test alone is not important, however after giving the mock test its analysis is very important.
- Mock test analysis helps you to know which topics you are good at and in which topics you need more practice.
- Keep a track of your performance and try to improve upon it.
- Prepare accordingly so that you can boost your strong concepts and improve upon the weak areas.
General Tips to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS RRB PO 2020
- Attempt one mock test daily and take up RRB PO Prelims memory based test.
- Try to work upon and improve your calculation speed as to score well in quant it is extremely important.
- Get a clear understanding of the detailed analysis and tweak your preparation strategy accordingly.
- Try different order of attempts while giving mock tests in order to know which one works best for you.
These are some of the ways by which one can ace the quantitative aptitude section of the upcoming RRB PO Prelims 2020 exam.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"