With the IBPS RRB PO Mains date being revised yesterday, the new dates are yet to be announced. You must be relieved to get some extra days for your preparation. It’s this time of your preparation where you can make a difference by putting extra efforts. Make the most of these days to work on your weak areas and to get ahead of your competitors. While the Prelims exam has already eliminated a majority of your competitors, the Mains exam will make you face the real competition. And especially now that you have got some extra days for your preparation, you should utilize it fully to upscale your preparation. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of IBPS RRB PO Mains:
IBPS RRB PO Mains Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Language||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Composite Time of 2 Hours
|2||Computer Knowledge||Hindi/ English||40||20|
|3||General Awareness||Hindi/ English||40||40|
|4 a*||English Language||English||40||40|
|4 b*||Hindi Language||Hindi||40||40|
|5||Quantitative Aptitude||Hindi/ English||40||50|
In this article, we will be focussing on how can you improve your overall preparation level for the quantitative aptitude section in the extra days you have got because of the rescheduling of the RRB PO Mains exam. In the Quantitative Aptitude section, you need to solve 40 questions of 50 marks but since there isn’t any sectional time-limit, you need to be self-conscious about managing time for this section. This is one such section which can be a high scoring one, provided you have conceptual clarity on a majority of the topics and you have solved enough questions on all the topics. In this extra time, try to practice as many questions on all the topics to ensure that when the exam comes, you are completely ready for it. Let’s have a look at the list of topics which should be covered and the tips you should keep in mind while practising these topics:
- Data Interpretation, such as Caselets, Radar/Web, Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular and Pie Chart: When answering the questions of this section, ensure that you understand the data provided properly. Read the question carefully and see what info is asked. Sometimes, unnecessary info is also given in the questions. So try to identify and weed it out.
- Averages, Ratio & Proportion and Percentage: These 3 topics are extremely important and sometimes they form part of other questions as well. Practice a lot of questions on these topics and keep checking the detailed explanation to check if you’re going in the right direction.
- Data Sufficiency: Don’t presume anything apart from the info given in the question. Focus on what the question is asking: nothing less; nothing more. Try to analyze what combination of both the statements will be sufficient to answer the question. Sometimes, the question only asks yes/no kind of question and doesn’t look for absolute value. So, consider all these aspects before selecting the right option.
- Missing/Wrong Number Series: These questions check how quickly you can identify the pattern/logic on which a number series is based. Practising beforehand helps a lot in understanding the logic. The pattern logic can be based on anything such as prime numbers, squares, cubes, mathematical operators and any of the combinations of these. If you observe 4-5 number series questions, some of them would be easy. Try identifying and solving the easy ones first and leave the remaining for the end of the section.
- Approximation and Simplification: Solve at least 60-70 questions to gain speed in this section. Ideally, for the easy questions in this section, you need not pick up the pen to answer them.
- Boats and Stream
- HCF and LCM
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Problem on Ages,
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Mixture and Alligations
- Mensuration which includes Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit and Loss
- Quantity Comparison
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Work and Time
- Quadratic Equations
For the remaining topics, practice is the key. Practice at least 50-70 questions on each topic. Try to remember formulae wherever applicable. Also, please keep in mind that it’s important to know the formulae but what is more important is knowing the logic behind formulae and knowing where to implement them. For non-stop practising sessions, buy the RRB PO Mains Package which contains 10 Mock Tests and is modestly priced at Rs 225. Mock Tests will help you in keeping a close look at your performance. Take the First Mock Free of Cost now and see how well do you perform.
Wishing you all the best for your revision.
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"