Reasoning is one of the most important sections when it comes to any major banking or government exams. So, is the case with IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020. The must awaited IBPS RRB 2020 notification can be released anytime soon now, however the IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 exam dates are already well known to the aspirants. The exam dates were released in this year’s IBPS calendar. The recruitment notification for many major banking exams have got delayed this year due to COVID-19 pandemic. In this article we are hand holding aspirants as how to prepare for some really important topics for RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 exam. We are here giving topic wise preparation strategy for all important topics.
As per the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam dates is concerned, the exam is scheduled in the month of August thus, leaving around 2 months for your exam preparation. Those who are interested in this exam must be right now in full swing as far as the exam preparation goes. Those who haven’t yet taken the free mock test can attempt it now to have a better understanding of your exam preparation level.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant/Clerk 2020 Exam Dates
|IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims||01.08.2020, 02.08.2020, 08.08.2020, 09.08.2020 and 16.08.2020|
|IBPS RRB Clerk Mains||19.09.2020|
IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Medium of Exam||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||*||40||40||Composite Time of 45 minutes|
As you can see in the table above RRB clerk prelims only have reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude as two sections and it is needless to say that both these sections have equal importance and none can be ignored if you really want to ace the RRB Clerk prelims 2020 exam. These important topics which we are sharing will surely help you in preparing in the best way for the reasoning section.
Important Topics Expected to be Asked in RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 Exam
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Alphanumeric/Number/Alphabet Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Miscellaneous (Coding Decoding, Order an ranking etc)
When it comes to syllogism there are 4 main cases: All, No, Some, Some not. As far as the questions are concerned there are general question, negative statement and possibility questions which revolve around these 4 cases.
- Attempt previous year questions as it will help you with a better understanding of the topic.
- Attempt Lockdown warm-up free reasoning sectional test.
- While solving syllogism questions always follow the Venn diagram strategy.
- Practice as many new type of syllogism questions as possible.
In this candidates will be provided with a statement consisting group of elements and these elements will be having certain coded relationship among them denoted by different inequality symbols. Meanings of these different symbols should be known in order to solve a particular question related to this.
- This is important and a scoring topic at the same time.
- Observe the given question well.
- The five cases in Inequality includes Equal, Less than, Greater than, Greater than or equal to, less than or equal to.
|P > Q||P is Greater than Q.|
|P < Q||P is Smaller than Q|
|P = Q||P is Equal to Q.|
|P ≥ Q||P is Greater than or Equals to Q|
|P ≤ Q||P is Smaller than or Equals to Q|
- Understand the concept of each of these 5 conditions. This can be done by solving more and more Inequality questions.
In order to solve coding decoding questions good observation skills are required. First and the foremost basics are to be cleared related to this topic.
- Start by solving previous year question papers
- Candidates in these type of questions are required to identify what is the code for which word.
- Attempt new pattern questions related to coding-decoding
Puzzles & Seating Arrangement
- This is one topic in reasoning which requires constant practice and the more different types of puzzles and seating arrangements you will solve the more speed and accuracy you will achieve.
- Categorization of puzzles include Table based puzzle, Games & Tournament based puzzle and Seating Arrangement (Box/ Shelf/ Floor based).
- Choose and solve easy puzzles first and then gradually move onto the difficult ones.
- Start with the definite information which is provided and then start looking at the possible information and consider all possibilities.
- More information on puzzles and seating arrangement tips for RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 are given in the blog below.
Blood Relations, Directions and Order & Ranking
These are few easy topics that can fetch you good marks. One must learn and understand the basics of these first.
- Practice enough questions for these and get familiar with the concept.
- Attempt Lockdown warm-up sectional tests for reasoning and strengthen your concept clarity.
- Direction sense questions are based on two principles: Direction & Distance
- Most important point to remember while solving these type of questions is that each main direction change undergoes a change of 90 degrees in the direction.
- Other important points related to Direction sense are shared in the link mentioned below.
IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims – Reasoning Tips to Score Well
- Practice is the key here. Daily practice of different type of questions is required thus, increasing both your speed and accuracy.
- Good speed and utmost accuracy are two prime objectives for any candidate who wish to clear IBPS RRB office Assistant prelims exam. Build speed by practicing more and try attempting complex questions in order to gain accuracy.
- Focus on the amount of time in which you attempt a particular question. Time management is an important factor. Try not to spend too much time on a question and if you are not able to solve that leave the question and move onto the next.
- Regularly attempt mock tests and make sure that you attempt the test in a given time frame.
- Habit of making notes will surely be of great help. Take down any important points, short cut tricks and formulas if any and keep these handy while you start with your IBPS RRB Clerk prelims exam revision.
This is all we have for important reasoning topics and their strategy for IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims exam goes. Stay tuned for IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 exam dates. Below mentioned are few other relevant blogs related to IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020, have a look:
- IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 – Study Plan
- IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 – Reasoning Preparation Strategy
- IBPS RRB Clerk & PO Cut Offs 2019 – Previous Year Cut Offs
- IBPS RRB 2020- Previous Year Detailed Exam Analysis
- Topics You Must Prepare for IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 – Based on Previous Year’s Paper
- IBPS RRB-IX 2020 Guidelines for Scanning & Uploading of Documents
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2020 Salary & Job Profile
- Tips to Solve Different Types of Seating Arrangement Questions
- IBPS RRB 2020 Prelims Exam – Last 12 Days Revision Strategy
- Selection Procedure for IBPS RRB 2020 in Detail
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam Analysis – 12th Sep 2020 All Shifts
- IBPS RRB 2020 New Exam Interface – Detailed Information
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"