IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 recruitment notification is out now. IBPS RRB Office Assistant is one important exam for which candidates right now want to know vacancies, syllabus and other related important information. As far as vacancies are concerned RRB clerk has 4624 vacancies. This year due to COVID-19 pandemic many exam dates, results and new exam notifications have got delayed. Major Upcoming Banking & Government Exams 2020 – Bank Exam Dates.
As far as IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims and Mains 2020 dates are concerned, IBPS has already released its calendar earlier in which the RRB clerk 2020 exam dates have been mentioned. So, as far as RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 exam dates and mains dates are concerned candidates know these pretty well in advance. Knowing the exam dates in advance really helps as then the aspirants can plan their exam preparation strategy accordingly and can start working on their weak areas. In order to clear this year’s RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 one must be clear with the syllabus & topics for all the sections. In this article specifically we are focusing on the Reasoning section as it is the section which needs lot of practice and it can be a scoring one. One of the topics which the aspirants often find challenging in this particular section is Puzzles & Seating Arrangement. This topic falls into a high-risk high-reward category where if you are able to solve the puzzle/seating arrangement, you get all the related questions correct and gain all the marks of that puzzle. On the other hand, if you couldn’t solve the puzzle, you end up wasting 7-8 precious minutes. In a worse case scenario, because of a minute mistake, if you answered the questions incorrectly, you will lose precious marks and time which would be extremely detrimental to your overall score. Before moving on further on this let’s first take a sneak peak into the IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 and mains exam dates along with IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 syllabus.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 Important Exam Dates
As per the IBPS exam calendar 2020 below mentioned are the IBPS RRB 2020 exam dates:
|Online Registration Dates||01.07.2020 to 21.07.2020|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||01.07.2020 to 21.07.2020|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||12.08.2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||24.08.2020 to 29.08.2020|
|Download of call letters for online examination – Preliminary||August, 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||September/October 2020|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main/Single||October/November 2020|
|Online Examination – Main / Single||October/ November 2020|
|Declaration of Result – Main/ Single (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/ November 2020|
|Download of call letters for interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/ November 2020|
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/ November 2020|
|Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.|
According to the IBPS calendar the IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 exam is expected to start in the month of August and the dates are 1, 2, 8, 9 and 16th August. Let’s take a quick glance at the IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims 2020 Exam Pattern.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 Prelims Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Medium of Exam||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||*||40||40||Composite Time of 45 minutes|
IBPS RRB Clerk 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Medium of Exam||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||*||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|4 a*||English Language||English||40||40|
|4 b*||Hindi Language||Hindi||40||40|
Coming back to puzzles and seating arrangement
Let’s have a look at the major categorization of puzzles/ seating arrangement.
- Table based puzzle
- Games & Tournament based puzzle
- Seating Arrangement (Box/ Shelf/ Floor based)
Pick the Easy Puzzles/Seating Arrangement First
It would obviously be a smart choice to pick the easy puzzles first, solve it and then move to the difficult ones. Now the question arises- How would you get to know which puzzle/ seating arrangement is easy and which one is difficult. Well! It’s only by consistent practice that you can assess the difficulty level of a puzzle/ seating arrangement. When you solve back to back puzzles, you deal with different kinds of puzzles with different difficulty levels. Practicing puzzles via Mock Tests shows you the detailed solutions which you can compare with your solutions and introspect on where you went wrong. Dealing with different kinds of puzzles in Mock Tests also help you get familiar with them and slowly get expertise on puzzles.
Puzzles/ Seating Arrangement Tips
In this article, we have come up with some tips for you to master the concepts of puzzles and seating arrangement. Please be informed that these tips may work on a majority of puzzles but exceptions are always there. So, it would be a wise idea to use these tips to solve puzzles when you keep taking Mock Tests side by side. Moreover, only practicing mock tests is not important, however analyzing the overall score after the mock test is equally important Let’s have a look at some of these tips:
- Always start with the definite information which is provided. They lay a good foundation for the puzzle. Once all the definite information have been considered, start looking at the possible info and consider all the possibilities.
- A puzzle/ seating arrangement with more positive info is generally easy to solve than the one which has more negative info. Negative info generally leads to multiple possibilities and you may end missing one or two possibilities. This may result in incorrect answers.
- If the puzzle/ seating arrangement seems long and there is a lot of information available, it may become easy for you to identify and answer the question.
- Generally, the more parameters are there in a puzzle, the more difficult it becomes. Scan the info of puzzle/ seating arrangement quickly and compare the number of parameters with the provided info to analyze the solvability of that puzzle.
- Check if the questions contain additional/conditional info which is applicable to only that question. If this is the case, this will lead to multiple possibilities making the puzzle/ seating arrangement more complicated.
- If there is a puzzle/ seating arrangement of a new pattern, you need to be cautious. It may be an easy one or it may be a difficult one which would waste your time. Solve Mock Tests to get acquainted and to tackle the puzzles of new pattern.
We hope these tips will help you pick the right puzzles and will help you solve them in minimal time. Remember, there’s no shortcut to practice. The more practice you do via Mock Tests, the more skilled you become when it comes to solving puzzles/ seating arrangement questions.
Wishing you all the best for your preparation!Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"