RRB Clerk Mains is only 11 days away
IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose) Mains is scheduled to be on Oct 20, 2019, which leaves you with only 11 days of preparation. It’s the preparation done by you in this remaining time-span which is going to set your fate in this exam. There are 3,382 vacancies this year and there is going to be intense competition for these vacancies. You need to keep in mind that unlike Prelims, which was a speed-based exam and was designed to eliminate a majority of the competitors, Mains is going to be an exam which is going to check how skillfully you are able to apply the concepts.
RRB Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
The difference between Prelims and Mains is also obvious in the exam pattern. While the Prelims had only 2 sections, Mains has 4 sections. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern of IBPS RRB Clerk Mains:
|S. No.||Name of Tests||Medium of Exam||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||Hindi/ English||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|2||Computer Knowledge||Hindi/ English||40||20|
|3||General Awareness||Hindi/ English||40||40|
|4 a*||English Language||English||40||40|
|4 b*||Hindi Language||Hindi||40||40|
|5||Numerical Ability||Hindi/ English||40||50|
In this article, we will be focussing on the revision strategy you should adopt in these remaining 11 days for the Numerical Ability section so as to extract as many marks out of 50. We already wrote a detailed article on the Revision Strategy for Computer Knowledge section.
Take a Free Mock Test Now
This should be your first step as of now if you haven’t already taken the first mock test yet. Once you are done with the Mock Test, you will be provided with an analysis of your performance. This analysis will also highlight the weak areas of the Numerical Ability section which you would like to give more focus to. The Mock Test will also compare your performance with that of the topper in several respects to help you get an idea of how much do you need to improve. If you like the quality of the Mock Test, you can buy the Mains package at only Rs 199 which includes 10 Mains Mock Tests.
Keep Practicing via Mock Tests
The time is now ripe to focus on your practice with complete concentration with the help of Mock Tests. While we don’t suggest you to learn any new concept at this point in time, we certainly encourage you to take care of any conceptual clarity which you might have in any of the concepts you have learnt in the numerical ability section. Even a small flaw in understanding any concept can cost you dearly so while you still have time, make the most of it. With the help of Mock Tests, check the detailed solutions of the questions you answered incorrectly so that you don’t repeat the same mistake in the actual exam.
Tips while practising Numerical Ability Questions in these remaining 11 days
- When solving questions related to Data Interpretation, such as Caselets, Radar/Web, Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular and Pie Chart, ensure that you take a closer look at the data provided and understand it properly. Not understanding the data correctly can cost you the marks of 1 (or more) questions.
- When revising the concepts of percentage, ratio & proportion and averages, please ensure that you understand the concepts thoroughly as these concepts are often checked in DI, DS & word problems. Also, ensure that you are using the right shortcuts & formulae for questions related to these concepts.
- Though it’s not required to solve & come up with an answer when it comes to Data Sufficiency questions, we suggest that if the level of question is too difficult, you go ahead and solve it so that you get to know what exact combination of statements are required to answer the question. A little bit more (or less) of information can make your answers incorrect.
- When solving missing/wrong number series questions, try understanding the logic of the series as quickly as possible. Solving a lot of questions beforehand can help you here. If you didn’t have prior practice in number series question, devote a couple of hours to it and solve 40-50 questions. This exercise will definitely help you out.
- When attempting approximation & simplification questions, try doing as many calculations mentally as possible.
- Boats and Streams Questions are nothing but a variation of time, speed & distance questions.
- Likewise, don’t forget to revise the below topics and practice 30-40 questions on each of these topics:
- HCF and LCM
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Problem on Ages,
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Mixture and Alligations
- Mensuration which includes Cylinder, Cone and Sphere
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit and Loss
- Quantity Comparison
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Work and Time
- Quadratic Equations
As you must have now understood, practice is something which you should engage yourself with in these remaining 11 days. Practice via Mock Tests and you will experience going through a simulated test several times before the actual exam which would be helpful in increasing your confidence. You also get to practice questions which have been framed keeping in mind the questions in past exams. Take a Free Mock Test of RRB Clerk Mains now and start working on your weak areas.
Wishing you all the best for your Revision!
PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"