If you are preparing for competitive exams, staying updated on current affairs is a challenging task. Considering the fact that current affairs is a scoring part of the general awareness section, and a good score in the GA section will give a good boost to your overall score, you need to be on the top of your performance while preparing for this section. Also, it has been observed that the questions are generally asked from the last 6-7 months from the date of the exam. IBPS RRB Clerk & PO exams are scheduled to be held in the month of September/October 2020 and it’s prudent that you get started with your preparation now itself.
Hoping that the dates of remaining exams like SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase I, SBI Clerk 2020 Mains, RBI Assistant 2020 Mains, which have been postponed until further notice, will be scheduled in the month of September/October 2020. Even the exam notifications which aren’t out because of COVID-19, like SBI PO 2020, RBI Grade B 2020, IBPS PO 2020, IBPS Clerk 2020 etc. will be released slowly and their dates will be scheduled in the upcoming months. For the preparation of the current affairs of these exams, we have come up with a series of current affairs PDFs which are released on a weekly basis.
Here are some other tips for current affairs preparation.
- Reading Newspaper on a regular basis- This is a very basic step towards a solid preparation of current affairs. Devote at least 30 minutes for reading a good newspaper on a regular basis.
- Reading Magazines- Magazines like Yojana, PIB are also important for current affairs preparation.
- Make Your own notes- As you go through different sources of current affairs, keep making your own notes. It will help you immensely when the exams are near and you would need to revise quickly.
- Use Monthly Capsule of Current Affairs– We also provide monthly current affairs capsules for current affairs. Use these capsules for revision and to cover any point you might have missed while going through weekly current affairs PDF.
We suggest that for a solid preparation of current affairs, you download, study & revise these weekly PDFs on a regular basis. Download the July (Week 2) Weekly Current Affairs PDF from the link given below:
- The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has given approval for for the Phase-I and Phase-II clinical trials of the vaccine on humans to Ahmedabad based Cadila Healthcare Limited (Zydus Healthcare).
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) of Department of Science and Technology’s (DST) has launched ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ scheme on 1st July 2020. The scheme was launched to provide a single platform for high-end scientific research. The web portal of the Accelerate Vigyan Scheme was also launched on 1st July 2020 (www.acceleratevigyan.gov.in)
- Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020 was launched on 2nd July 2020 to support the drug discovery process. The initiative was launched by Ramesh Pokhriyal (Union Human Resource Development Minister) and Dr. Harsh Vardhan (Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare and Science and Technology).
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in partnership with Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech has selected 12 institutes for the Phase-I and Phase-II clinical trials of the first indigenously developed COVID-19 vaccine BBV152 (commonly known as COVAXIN).
- The toolkit for the 6th edition of the Swachh Survekshan survey was launched by Hardeep Singh Puri (Union Minister of State (I/C) of Housing & Urban Affairs) on 3rd July 2020.
- 10,000 bed Sardar Patel COVID Care Centre and Hospital (SPCCCH) was recently inaugurated in New Delhi. SPCCCH is the World’s largest COVID-19 Treatment and Care facility. It was inaugurated by Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal.
- Sanskrit Vidhyalaya built in Eastern Nepal’s by India was inaugurated recently through video conferencing.
- An App Innovation Challenge was launched recently by the Prime Minister of India to build an Aatmanirbhar Bharat using Digital Technologies. In partnership with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission, the App Innovation Challenge is an initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- M. Venkaiah Naidu (Vice President of India) and Spiritual Leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (Founder of the Art of Living), has launched an social media mobile application called ‘Elyments’.
- The Mangalyaan Mission of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has recently captured the image of Phobos (the largest Moon or Natural Satellite of Mars).
- CBSE and Facebook has entered into a partnership to introduce Augmented Reality and launch Curriculum on Digital Safety and Online Well Being.
- All India Radio (AIR) FM news channel has started broadcasting its first-ever news programme in Sanksrit language named ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’.
- The Kerala State Government has decided to roll out a project for the rehabilitation of Non-Resident Indian’s (NRI’s) returning to the state following the loss of employment due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The project has been named as ‘Dream Kerala’ Project’.
- Madhya Pradesh has prepared a digital campaign named ‘Hamara Ghar Hamara Vidyalaya’ meaning My Home My School for providing a school-like environment to the students of classes 1 to 8 in the state during the corona crisis.
- For ensuring corruption-free job placements, Andhra Pradesh) has formally launched state-owned placement agency-Andhra Pradesh Corporation for Outsourced Services (APCOS).
- Himachal Pradesh Government is planning to provide 100 percent coverage of Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) to all rural households in the state by August 2022.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board has started a social media campaign. named ‘Intzaar Aap Ka’ meaning ‘Waiting for You’ to establish the confidence back in the tourism sector by offering tour packages to the tourists.
- The State Government of Odisha has launched a scheme named ‘Balaram Yojana’ for the landless farmers to provide financial support to them.
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to provide 100% LPG Gas connection to all households in the state.
- Karnataka has launched a scheme named ‘Nekar Samman Yojana’ for the weaver’s community in the state.
- Maharashtra has launched a portal named Maha Jobs Portal to bridge the gap between the Industrial Units/Employers and the Workers (Domiciled: Skilled, Semi-Skilled and Unskilled).
- Haryana Cabinet has approved a proposal under which 75 percent of the jobs with a salary of less than Rs 50,000 per month will be reserved for the residents of Haryana.
- A Plasma Bank for the treatment of COVID-19 positive patients has been established at the oldest medical college of India– Kolkata Medical College and Hospital.
- A mega tree plantation drive has been announced by the Delhi Government. The name of the campaign is ‘Paudhe Lagao, Paryavaran Bachao’ meaning ‘Plant Trees, Save Environment’.
- Assam State Government has decided for the up-gradation of the status of the Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National Park.
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh has inaugurated a mega plantation programme named ‘Mission Vriksharopan-2020’ to plant 25 crore saplings across the state.
- Israel has successfully launched its intelligence satellite ‘Ofek-16’ into the Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
- A new free trade agreement (NAFTA 2.0) between the United States, Mexico, and Canada comes into effect from 1st July 2020 onwards. It replaced the earlier 26 years old free trade agreement between the three countries- North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). NAFTA 2.0 is a renegotiated version of the earlier NAFTA agreement.
- 77.95% Russians has voted in favour of Constitutional Amendment which allows Vladimir Putin to lead Russia until 2036.
- 5 Memorandum of Understandings ( 5 MoUs) were signed between India and Afghanistan which consisted of Tripartite Agreements that were signed between the Government of India, Afghanistan’s Ministry of Economy and Afghanistan’s Ministry of Education.
REPORTS & SCHEMES
- During the first quarter (April 2020 to June 2020) of the FY 2020-21, 19 lakh households in the rural areas across the country were provided with tap water connection under the Jal Jeevan Mission. Under the Jal Jeevan Mission, the Central Government has set a target to provide every rural household in the country with the facility of Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) of water by 2024.
- As per the 2020-21 World Bank’s Country Classification based on Income level, Nepal’s economy has moved to a higher category to become a Lower-middle Income economy while Sri Lanka’s economy has moved to a lower category to become a Lower-middle Income economy.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- As per the data for the month of June 2020 released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the unemployment rate in June 2020 was 10.9 percent in India (Urban-12.02 % and Rural- 10.52%).
- The United States-based global investment firm- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) & Co. Inc. will buy the majority of 54 percent stake in JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals. 54 percent stake of Mumbai based JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals is worth Rs 3,109 crore
FINANCE AND BANKING
- Two new ETF series with maturities April 2025 and April 2031 will be offered under the new fund offer. The base price will be Rs 3,000 crore with oversubscription up to Rs 11,000 crore in the second tranche of Bharat Bond ETF.
- Through Finance Act 2019, amendments were brought to the Indian Stamp Act, 1899. The amendments made comes into effect from 1st July 2020 onwards. These amendments were made for building a pan-India securities market and to boost Ease of Doing Business.
- As of 1st July 2020, Public Sector Banks and Private Banks across the country have sanctioned loans worth over Rs 1.10 lakh crore under ECLGS. Out of this Rs 1.10 lakh crore sanctioned, more than Rs 52000 crore of the loan amount has been already disbursed until 1st July.
- A USD 750 Million loan was approved for the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India by the World Bank Group.
- United States-based Intel Corporation’s investment arm Intel Capital will invest Rs 1,894.50 crores in Reliance Industries Limited’s (RIL’s) subsidiary company Jio Platform.
- World Bank Group has approved a loan of USD 400 million for the rejuvenation of the Ganga River under the NAMAMI Gange Program of the Government of India.
AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
- Technical partners of MyGov Corona Helpdesk- JioHaptik Technologies Limited were awarded two awards for their AI (Artificial Intelligence) enabled technology solution at the virtual Global Leadership Summit and Festival of AI & Emerging Technology, CogX 2020. The awards won are under following categories:
- Best Innovation for COVID-19-Society
- People’s Choice Covid-19 Overall Winner
PERSON IN NEWS
- Retired Secretary of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs Injeti Srinivas has been appointed as the 1st Chairman of the International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA).
- 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner Dr Siddhartha Mukherjee and Harvard University Economics Professor Raj Chetty were listed among the 38 immigrants to be honoured as the ‘2020 Great Immigrants’ by the Carnegie Corporation.
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Indra Mani Pandey was appointed as the next Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India.
- To express gratitude towards the doctors and physicians for their dedicated service, the day 1st July the birth as well as the death anniversary of one of the renowned physicians in India, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy was chosen to be celebrated as National Doctor’s Day in India. The day is organized by the Indian Medical Association (IMA). The Theme of 2020 National Doctor’s Day: Lessen the Mortality of COVID 19.
- In order to groom young athletes in the country for the upcoming Olympics of 2024 (Paris) and 2028 (Los Angeles), the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports will launch- Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) for the junior athletes.
- ‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’ program was launched on 3rd July 2020 by Ramesh Pokhriyal (Union Minister of Human Resource Development) and Kiren Rijiju (Union Minister of State I/C for Youth Affairs and Sports). P.V Sindhu and Sunil Chhetri were also present.
This is all from us in this article. We hope that this PDF will be useful in your preparation.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"