If you’re a government job aspirant, you must be aware of the importance of the General Awareness section. It’s a section which can make your break chances of selection. And we’re not saying this. Countless successful aspirants have vouched by this fact in their success stories. General Awareness has 3 components: Static GK, Current Affairs and Banking Awareness. We have covered the preparation of Static GK and Current Affairs in different articles. In this article, we will be covering the preparation strategy of Banking/Financial Awareness. It is similar to Static GK in the sense that the answers of Banking Awareness questions generally don’t change.
Strategy when answering Banking Awareness Questions
As we have already mentioned above that the answers to financial awareness questions don’t change and once you have memorized the answers to these questions, you can simply answer them. It all depends on how vastly you are able to cover the syllabus and how well do you retain the answers. Once you are inside the examination hall, you can answer these banking awareness questions quickly as either you would be knowing the answer or you wouldn’t be knowing the answer. Unlike reasoning and quantitative aptitude, you don’t have to do lengthy calculations. So, try to capitalize your time in this part of the GA section.
Banking Awareness Syllabus
Going by the previous years’ paper of a number of banking & other government exams, we have compiled a list of topics from which the questions have been asked. There is a high probability that if you cover these topics, you will be able to answer a majority of questions in the forthcoming exams of SBI Clerk 2020 Mains, RBI Assistant 2020 Mains etc. Have a look at the below syllabus and get started with your preparation by picking 1 topic at a time.
|History of Banking in India||Indian & International Finance System||Banking terminologies||Important Bank & Finance Acts and bills|
|Banking and Financial Reforms in India||Banking and Financial Committees in India||Currency||Financial Institutions in India|
|Types of Bank Accounts||Financial Market in India||Inflation||Types of Mortgages|
|Types of Loans||Capital & Money Market||Money Laundering & Anti-Money Laundering||International Financial Institutions|
|Functions of Banks||Credit & Debit cards||Green Banking||Financial Inclusion|
|Bank Credit Operations||Types of Cheques and other financial instruments||LIBOR & MIBOR||Basics of Bond and their Types & Features|
|Foreign Banks in India||SWIFT Codes for banks||Reverse Mortgage Loan||Mutual Funds|
|Fund Transfer Services||Types of Foreign Accounts||CIBIL||Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)|
|Structure of Banking Industry||Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited||Cash Management Services||National Stock Exchange (NSE)|
|Nationalised Banks||Indian Financial System||Banking Ombudsman||Bancassurance|
|Non-Performing Assets (NPA)|
There are a lot of topics to be covered in Financial Awareness and therefore revision plays a key role in its preparation. Keep revising the topics on a regular basis.
Banking/Financial Awareness- Download Free PDFs
- Know Your Central Bank: Reserve Bank of India – Download Free PDF
- List of Indian Financial Regulators- Download Free PDF
- List of Firsts in Indian Banking System- Download Free PDF
- Evolution of Banking in India – Download Free PDF
- Indian Banks & Headquarters – Download Free PDF
- Banking Abbreviations PDF
- List of Countries, Capitals & Currencies- Download PDF
- 50 Important Banking | Financial Terms for IBPS PO | RBI Grade B
- Important Parliamentary Acts related to the Banking Sector in India
- Indian Banks & Financial Institutions, Taglines & Headquarters- Download Free PDF
- Important Banking | Financial Terms Part-2
- Different Types of Cheques
- Indian Banking- A Brief History and the First-Ever Events
This is all from us in this article. We hope that the above list of PDFs will be helpful in your preparation for the upcoming exams. If you have any input/feedback for us, please do not hesitate in mentioning it in the comments section below.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"