GATE exam-qualified candidates can apply for scholarship assistance for higher studies. Basic requirement to apply for the scholarship is to qualify GATE examination. Candidates start getting scholarship amounts soon, they join institutions approved by MHRD and other government agencies.
Overview of GATE Financial Assistantship
- Candidates can get the benefits of GATE scholarships for M.Tech and Ph.D. courses after they qualify for GATE cut-off scores.
- GATE scholarship is provided to M.Tech students for 2 years.
- For Ph.D. students, the maximum duration of the scholarship is provided to them for 5 years.
- Candidates who opt for the M.Tech program get a scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400 monthly.
- The scholarship amount for the doctoral program is Rs. 31000 monthly for 2 years as Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
- The Senior Research Fellow (SRF) gets a scholarship of value Rs. 35000 monthly.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for GATE Scholarship
Here is the list of points to consider when you apply for GATE financial assistance scholarship programs.
- Applicants with valid GATE scores are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- GATE scholarship is not for part-time course programs.
- Candidates enrolled before or after GATE score validity are not considered to be eligible for scholarships.
- M.Tech and Ph.D. course students should have savings account in banks.
- Candidates who are getting salaries are ineligible to apply for GATE scholarship grants.
- GATE candidates enrolled in architecture and engineering courses can get scholarships.
Institutes Providing GATE Fellowships for M.Tech & Ph.D. Course Programs
GATE qualified candidates are eligible to apply for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and SRF (Senior Research Fellowship) in the following MHRD and other government-approved institutions.
|Name of Educational Institution
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
|Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore Campus
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
|Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
|Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
|Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
|Central Power Research Institute
|Institute for Plasma Research
|Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR)
|Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation
|Indian Space Research Organisation
|Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
|National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
|Raman Research Institute
|Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
|Central Inland Capture Fisheries Research Institute
|Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
|Regional Research Laboratory
|Indian Statistical Institute
|Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
|The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
|Forest Research Institute
|Indian School of Mines, Jharkhand
Application Process to Apply for GATE Scholarship
Candidates with a valid GATE score are eligible to apply for GATE scholarships. Check out the application process so that you can apply for GATE financial assistance programs.
Step 1: Candidates have to visit the official website of AICTE.
Step 2: Then, click on the AICTE GATE scholarship application link to fill out the form.
Step 3: Fill out the necessary information carefully and upload the required documents before the deadline to get GATE scholarship benefits.
Step 4: Upload all documents in application form carefully and apply online.
Step 5: Verify all information filled in the form properly.
Step 6: Soon, all data is verified by the institution then, they will give you scholarship approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates with a valid GATE exam score are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The amount for M.Tech course scholarship is Rs.12,400 monthly amount after qualifying GATE examination.
Yes, you can get scholarship for Ph.D. course with a valid GATE score.
- Sign Up on Practicemock for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic Tests and Free Mini Mocks
- Sign Up Here to Download Free Study Material