One of the most esteemed postgraduate engineering examinations is GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a gateway for candidates to go for higher studies in India and abroad. Some top-rated universities in Germany and Singapore are accepting GATE scores for PG admission in different courses. GATE aspirants targeting to take admission to foreign universities can check out our blog for detailed information.
Top Foreign Universities Accepting GATE Exam Scores
Several universities in Germany and Singapore offer Master’s degree courses in Engineering through GATE. The latest QS ranking of universities is provided in the table below.
|Name of University
|QS World Ranking 2023
|GATE Cut-off Score Requirements
|National University of Singapore (NUS)
|Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore
|Technical University of Munich
|RWTH Aachen University
General Requirements to Apply in Foreign Universities Accepting GATE Scores
Candidates who are willing to study engineering in top-notch foreign universities should satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates should have achieved minimum score requirements as per university requirements in thier Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech).
- It is mandatory to have a valid GATE score.
- Candidates need to qualify for IELTS and TOEFL examinations to get admission to foreign universities.
Universities in Singapore Accepting GATE Scores for Admission
Two of the best universities in Singapore Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore and National University of Singapore (NUS) are accepting GATE scores for admissions in thier respective engineering courses.
These two universities are in the top 20 of world universities rankings. NTU accepts GATE scores for M.Tech and Ph.D. course programs.
The GATE score should not be more than three years old. NTU is accepting GATE exam scores for course programs offered in their respective engineering institutions.
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Engineering
These engineering schools of NTU don’t have any GATE cut-off criteria for admission. They consider candidates profile with GATE scores for admission to engineering scores. The usual trend for GATE cut-off in NTU is 90 percentile and above.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) accepts GATE scores for MS and Ph.D. course programs. Most of the programs come under the Faculty of Engineering and GATE cut-off score for admission is 90 percentile and above. Students get preference in NUS who scored at least 90 percentile in GATE examination.
Top Universities in Germany Accepting GATE Scores
As in Singapore, A few top-notch universities in Germany accept GATE scores for admission in thier post-graduate engineering programs. Two of the prominent universities in Germany accepting GATE scores are Technical University of Munich and RWTH Aachen University. Candidates usually take admission in Mechanical and Production Engineering in these universities.
Faculties Under Technical University of Germany Munich accepting GATE scores
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Faculties of RWTH ACHEN which accept GATE Score
- Applied Geophysics
- Automotive Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Software Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering,
- Media Informatics
- Biomedical Engineering
Candidates aiming to get into foreign universities after clearing GATE can prefer choosing from the top universities in Singapore and Germany. The minimum score requirement is 90 percentile in GATE examination. We have a detailed description of eligibility criteria and courses provided by universities in Germany and Singapore.
- Sign Up on Practicemock for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic Tests and Free Mini Mocks
- Sign Up Here to Download Free Study Material