The schedule of banking exams such as RRB PO Mains, RRB Clerk Mains, IBPS PO Mains, IBPS Clerk etc. has been declared now which is below:
Schedule of Upcoming Banking Exams having GA section
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Mains||October 18, 2020||31|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains||October 31, 2020||44|
|IBPS PO Mains||November 28, 2020||72|
|IBPS Clerk Mains||January 24, 2021||129|
Well! All of these exams have the section of General Awareness in the exam pattern. And this is one section which takes continuous efforts on an ongoing basis for a good score. So, the above schedule is a gentle reminder that you need to start preparing for this section as soon as possible. The sooner you start, the more syllabus you will be able to cover. Also, an important point here is that only covering the syllabus will not serve the purpose. You need to ensure that you revise the study material on a frequent basis so that you can retain as much information as possible.
How Current Affairs is a key to score good marks in the GA section?
Current Affairs is one important part of the General Awareness section and you can score good marks in the GA section if you properly prepare for it. Usually current affairs questions are based on the events of past 6-7 months of the date of the exam. And this is all the more reason that you should start your preparation for this section today itself. Starting today will ensure that you are ready for all the upcoming exams which will keep taking place until March 2021. To help you in your preparation, we are revealing some tips to help you with the preparation of current affairs questions.
Current Affairs Preparation Tips
- Reading Newspaper on a regular basis- Start reading a good newspaper and devote at least 1 hour to it on a daily basis. This is a very basic step towards a solid preparation of current affairs. Read the tips on making the most of reading newspapers.
- Reading Magazines- Magazines like Yojana, PIB are also important from the perspective of current affairs preparation.
- Make Your own notes- As you go through different sources of current affairs, keep making your own notes. These notes will be very handy when the exams are near and you would need to revise quickly.
- Use Weekly Capsule of Current Affairs– We also provide weekly current affairs capsules for current affairs. Use these capsules for revision and to cover any point you might have missed while going through weekly current affairs PDF.
This week, our GA team has come up with the Week 2 capsule of Current Affairs. We hope that you will found this compilation useful in the preparation of banking exams.
- The apex telecom regulatory body TRAI intended to set up an industry body and recommended a “light-touch regulatory framework” for cloud service providers. The Department of Telecom has been given the green light to initiate the process in this regard and asked the service providers to become its member.
- On September 15, 2020, PM Modi inaugurated seven projects under Namami Gange and AMRUT Schemes in Bihar. Four of these projects were related to water supply, one to river front development and two of the projects were related to sewerage treatment.
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog, has partnered with
Freshworks Inc., a customer-engagement software company to provide robust support to innovators and entrepreneurs in India. AIM has also collaborated with ScooNews, one of India’s largest education media houses to share and spread inspiring stories of grassroots innovations.
- Union Minister of Culture and Minister of Tourism of India, Prahlad Patel announced the formation of an expert committee to conduct a study on the origin and evolution of Indian culture. The committee consists of 16 members that include K.N. Dikshit, Chairman, Indian Archaeological Society.
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman has virtually announced the 4th
edition of State Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) Ranking for 2018-19 which was released by
Department of Industrial Promotion and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of commerce and industry. In
accordance with that, Andhra Pradesh (AP) topped the Ease of Doing Business (EODB) ranking 2019,
followed by Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Telangana at 2nd & 3rd place respectively.
- FutureSkills, an initiative of IT-ITES (Information technology – IT enabled services) Sector Skill Council
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) partnered with Microsoft to launch Artificial Intelligence (AI) Skilling initiative “AI classroom series” to skill 10 lakh students in India by2021 to make India a global hub for AI skilled talents and create jobs through upskilling and reskilling
- The first ever Cannabis Medicine project that is to be set up in Jammu and Kashmir in collaboration with Canada is to be the first foreign investment in the union territory. The project is to be set up at the Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) in association with the Government of Punjab, is soon coming up with an alternative for paddy stubble utilisation. Stubble burning is one of the biggest problems in north India to curb this, the Punjab government’s own agency.
- Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik launched a first-of-its-kind state-wide scheme called “GARIMA” to ensure the safety and dignity of core sanitation workers of the state.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced that five Public Sector Undertakings will join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action. Highlights The five PSUs to join the ISA are Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation GAIL India Limited. These five PSUs are to focus on clean energy transition. The companies will deploy solar panels.
- On September 10, 2020, India and Japan signed Logistics agreement on “Reciprocal Provision Supplies and Services” to allow the armed forces of India and Japan to coordinate closely in supplies and services. The agreement will increase the interoperability between armed forces of India and Japan.
- India, Israel and the Unites States recently held a summit virtually. During the summit, the countries decided to work together in 5G technology. Highlights The trilateral summit was initiated by PM Modi during his visit to Israel in 2017.
- Byte Dance a Chinese Company which owns a popular video-sharing app called TikTok in its recent merger deals choose Oracle a US-based firm.
- The permanent representative of India to the United Nations, Sh. TS Tirumurti confirmed India’s entry as a member of the United Nation’s Commission on Status of Women (CSW). It is a body of the prestigious Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- Recently, United Nations warned about the major consequences of COVID-19 if not dealt properly. The UN officials were found stating, that the world may witness more conflict, poverty and starvation and how deeply it may impact the fragile nations of the world. What may trigger conflict.
- Sri Lanka has ban cow slaughtering.
- Recently, Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 report was released. India witnessed a sharp fall of 26 spots and landed to the 105th position. As per the last year ranking the country was at the 79th spot. About the report It is an annual index created in 1995 first by the Heritage Foundation and the Wall Street Journal.
REPORTS & SCHEMES
- Recently, the United Nations released “Levels and Trends in Child Mortality” report. The report says that child mortality rate of India has declined between 1990 and 2019. It was 126 in 1990 and has now declined to 34 in 2019.
- On September 10, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. Along with the scheme, the PM also launched e-Gopala application. The scheme focuses on sustainable development of fisheries in India. It is to be implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25. The funds allocated to fisheries under the scheme is Rs 20,050 crores. This is the highest ever allocated to that of the fisheries sector. The scheme aims to enhance fish production to 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25. The scheme will reduce the post harvest losses of fisheries sector from 20% -25% to 10%
- On September 10, 2020, the Department of Posts launched a scheme called the “Five Star Villages”. The scheme ensures universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of India. The scheme is to be implemented by a team of Gramin Dak Sevak. The schemes that are to be covered under Five Star Villages Scheme are:
- Savings Bank Account, NSC or KVP certificates, Recurrent Deposit Accounts
- Sukanya Samridhi Account,
- Funded Post Office Savings Account that are linked to India Post Payments Bank Accounts,
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana account or Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana account
- Postal Life Insurance Policy or Rural Postal Life Insurance Policy
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched 22 bamboo clusters in nine states. They are Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Assam, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Tripura and Karnataka. Six of the 22 clusters are located in Maharashtra, five in Tripura, two each in Madhya Pradesh and Nagaland, three in Odisha and one each in Karnataka, Assam, Gujarat, and Uttarakhand. The restructured National Bamboo Mission was adopted in 2018-19.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Recently Government of India released a notification outlawing the export of all kinds of onions. The ban is imposed three months after the central government made changes in the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- The Government of India recently extended Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package Insurance Scheme to provide an insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs to COVID-19 health care providers. The scheme was announced in March 2020 for a period of 90 days. It has now been extended for another 180 days.
FINANCE AND BANKING
- The government introduced the new Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020, that intended to give the powers to restructure cooperative banks to the Reserve Bank of India. The power of RBI’s banking regulations will be extended to the cooperative banks after the ratification of the bill.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India which is responsible for regulating the Indian market in order to revamp its IT infrastructure network and communication system shortlisted top companies which includes, Bharti Airtel and Wipro and others.
AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
- A week after his mediation between Israel and UAE (United Arab Emirates) US President Donald Trump has been nominated for the Noble Peace Prize 2021. The nomination was submitted by a right-wing Norwegian politician and parliamentarian Christian Tybring Gjedde.
PERSON IN NEWS
- National Democratic Alliance candidate and Janata Dal (United) Member of Parliament Harivansh Narayan Singh has been once again elected as Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha by Voice vote.
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children Education Fund) appointed Ayushmann Khurrana as its celebrity advocate for promoting and supporting its work around ending violence against children.
- Yoshihide Suga is elected as the new prime minister of Japan after Shinzo Abe resigned. Background The longest serving Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe resigned in August 2020 due to health reasons.
- Govind Swarup who is regarded as Father of India’s Radio Astronomy passed away due to age related complications in Pune Maharashtra. He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio
Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- Swami Agnivesh, a renowned social activist, scholar, former MLA and Cabinet Minister for Education of Haryana passed away due to cardiac arrest. He served as the president (2004–2014) of the World Council of Arya Samaj, which is the highest international body of the Arya Samaj. He was
born on 21st September 1939 in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. He founded the Bonded Labour Liberation
- Former Union Minister for Rural Development, Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away at New Delhi
due to post COVID complications. He was born on 6th June 1946 in Bihar. He served
as the Union minister for Rural development from 2004 to 2009 in the cabinet led by Manmohan Singh.
- Eminent producer-director Johnny Bakshi who was born in Pune, passed away at
the age 82 due to Cardiac arrest.
- Every year International Literacy Day is celebrated on September 8 by the UNESCO and other world organizations. The day was first celebrated in 1967. The main aim of celebrating the day is to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals. This year, in 2020, the day is celebrated under following theme: Literacy teaching and learning in COVID-19 crisis and beyond
- Every Year, September 10 is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day. The objective of this day is to create awareness about the mental health and prevent suicides. Suicides Global Condition Suicide is 10th leading cause of death worldwide and more than 1 million people die by suicide every year globally.
- Hindi Diwas or Hindi Day is being celebrated on September 14, 2020 across India in order to mark the adoption of Hindi as one of the official languages of India and to make people aware of the language.
- The 140th Edition of American Open took place in New York, United States from August 31, 2020 – September 13, 2020. 2020 US Open Winners:
|Men’s Singles||Dominic Thiem (Austria)||Alexander Zverev(Germany)|
|Naomi Osaka (Japan)||Victoria Azarenka (Belarus)|
|Men’s Doubles||Mate Pavic (Croatia) & Bruno Soares (Brazil)||Wesley Koolhof (Netherlands)& Nikola Mektic (Croatia)|
|Laura Siegemund (Germany) & Vera Zvonareva (Russia)||Nicole Melichar (United States) & Yifan Xu (China)|
We hope that the above PDF will be helpful in your preparation.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"