If you are preparing for banking & government exams, current affairs are important from the perspective of scoring high marks in the general awareness section. Generally, 6-7 months of current affairs are covered in a competitive exam. It’s obviously a task to keep memorizing all the news and events on an ongoing basis and to keep revising them on a frequent basis. Well! To make this task easy, we have come up with a series of weekly current affairs PDFs where we cover all the important events of a given particular week.
While we strongly suggest you to prepare your own notes for current affairs, these weekly current affairs PDFs are meant for a quick revision when the exams are near. Also, you can include any important information which you might have missed while making your notes. So what are you waiting for? Download the Free PDF below and start preparing for current affairs. You can also take free current affair quizzes to evaluate your performance.
- Prime Minister inaugurated Administration Buildings of Rani Lakshmi Bai
Central Agricultural University in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Indian Railways has solarised more than 960 railway stations. This is being done to achieve the objective of becoming 100% self sustainable for all its power needs. Highlights Currently, the Indian Railways have orders to place 198 MW of solar roof top in 550 stations.
- Webinar on Coal Gasification and Liquefaction was organized by Ministry of Coal and Mines to discuss the road map for achieving the 100 million tonnes (MT) coal gasification
target by 2030 with investments worth over Rs 4 lakh crores.
- Power and New & Renewable Energy Raj Kumar Singh launched the Pan India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) for electricity. GTAM is the World’s First Exclusive Product Market for the renewable energy sector.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has released an annual report titled
“Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India (ADSI) 2019”.
- The Union Territories (UTs) Ladakh & Lakshadweep have been included in the ‘One Nation-One Ration
Card’ scheme on ‘Integrated Management of Public Distribution System’ (IM-PDS).
- Ministry of Electronics and Information & Technology banned 118 Chinese Mobile Applications. The
mobile applications have been banned as they were found to be harmful to the Sovereignty, Integrity,
Defence of India and Public Order.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda virtually inaugurated National Tribal
Research Conclave to be held from September 3-4, 2020. The Conclave has been organized by theCentre of Excellence (CoE) for Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
- Indian Railways has developed a remote-controlled medical trolley named ‘MEDBOT’ to deliver food,
medicine to COVID-19 patients.
- India joined the elite group Russia, China, US, after successfully conducting first test flight of the indigenously developed HSTDV (Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle) from Odisha coast.
- The CSIR-CMERI operating under the Ministry of Science and Technology has developed world largest solar tree. The tree has an annual capacity of generating 12,000 to 14,000 units of Clean and Green power.
- Pang Lhabsol festivals is celebrated annually in Sikkim. It commemorates the blessing of Mount Khangchendzonga as the guardian deity of Sikkim.
- Punjab has launched ‘I Rakhwali’ application. The app was launched to safeguard the forest areas in the state by making common citizens as stakeholders in the process. It will help citizens to become ‘Greenery
- Assam Assembly passed bill to protect Tangible Heritage that are not currently covered by the state and national law. According the Assam Government the passage of the Assam Heritage (Tangible) Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Maintenance Bill, 2020 is a historic step towards implementing Clause 6 of Assam Accord.
- Karnataka cabinet approved a new Information Technology Policy, 2020. The policy will help the state to increase its contribution in achieving its goal of 1 trillion USD. Also, the policy will help the state to create six million jobs. The policy is to be executed between 2020 and 2025.
- Tamil Nadu Government released Electronics and Hardware Manufacturing Policy. The main aim of the policy is to increase the electronics industry output to 100 billion USD by 2025.
- The first ever Cannabis Medicine project that is to be set up in Jammu and Kashmir in collaboration with Canada is to be the first foreign investment in the union territory.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government has issued an order to set up Biodiversity Council in Jammu and Kashmir. The council is to be headed by the Chief Conservator of Forests.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy launched YSR Sampoorna Poshana scheme and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme. The schemes aim to provide nutritious food to lactating mothers and pregnant women.
- India ranked 48th in the 13th Edition of Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020, which is a part of Annual report jointly released by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University and INSEAD Business School. The Theme of the 13th edition of the GII 2020 is “Who Will Finance Innovation?” Switzerland has topped the list.
- United Kingdom based Times Higher Education (THE) released the World University Rankings
2021. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru ranked under the 301-350 group ranking. The University of Oxford of UK was spotted tops in the list.
- A report titled, “Enhancing Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Food Systems” published by World Wide Fund (WWF), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), non-profit organization EAT & think tank Climate Focus has stated that Policymakers can improve the chances of achieving climate goals and limiting global warming to 1.5 degree Celsius by making more specific commitments to transforming national food systems.
- The United Nations Environment Programme recently released a report, “Enhancing Nationally Determined Contributions for Food Systems”. According to the report, adding diet and food loss to climate change shall improve mitigation and adaptation contributions towards food systems by 25%.
- India and Nigeria agreed to deepen their cooperation to counter terrorism, piracy and insurgency to boost trade exchanges.
- Australia, India and Japan held a ministerial video conference. The meeting reaffirmed free, inclusive, transparent, non-discriminatory and stable trade to keep their markets open.
- the Japanese Government announced that it will provide loan assistance of Rs 3,500 crores to India as a response to COVID-19 crisis. This will also include implementation of health and medical policy. The loan is being received by India as an emergency fund
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) launched a new publication, “The Little Book of Green
Nudges”, to inspire students around the globe to adopt environmentally friendly habits and greener
- Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding between India and Finland for the cooperation in the field of geology and mineral resources. The agreement was signed between Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and Geological Survey of Finland and Ministry of Employment and Economy, Finland.
- The 17th Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN)-India Economic Ministers Consultations was
was co-chaired by Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways Piyush Goyal and
Minister of Industry and Trade of Vietnam Tran Tuan Anh.
- The United States recently published an annual report on Chinese Military power. According to the report, the Chinese Navy is now the largest in the world.
- India is to host a summit of council of heads of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) on November 30, 2020. India is in the plan of expanding its cooperation with the grouping.
- Saudi Arabi recently hosted the G-20 foreign ministers’ meet focusing on cross border movement amidst the pandemic. During the meet, India proposed development of G-20 Principles on Coordinated Cross border movement of people.
- The World Health Organization recently recommended the use of steroid drugs to treat COVID-19. The WHO trials say that the Corticosteroid drugs reduce the risk of death in critical COVID-19 patients by 20%.
- The current European Union President and the largest economy of Europe, Germany launched Indo-Pacific strategy. It was launched with India. The strategy has several indirect references to Chinese behaviour in the Indo-Pacific region.
REPORTS & SCHEMES
- Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu released the report ‘The State of Young
Child in India’. The report provides an account of challenges related to early child development
(0-6 years) in India. The report has been prepared by Mobile Creches.
- The United Nations (UN) Women and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)has published as a report titled “From Insights to Actions: Gender Equality in the wake of COVID-19” which states that the COVID-19 pandemic will have negative impacts on the women and will increase
the poverty rate of women and widen the gap between men and women in poverty. According to the report, the pandemic is expected to reverse the progress made to eradicate
poverty by the end of this decade and push around 96 million people into extreme poverty by 2021 of
which around 47 million will be women and girls.
- The World Health Organization recently reported that at least half of 25 kinds of health services experienced disruptions due to COVID-19. The findings were based on the survey conducted by the international organization in its five of six regions regions. The survey is called the “Global Pulse Survey”.
- National Statistical Office released its report on “Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey”. The survey provides state wise details of literacy between the period July 2017 and June 2018.
- According to the survey, Kerala has the highest literacy rate in the country. Around 96.2% of the people the state were literates. On the other hand, Andhra Pradesh was at the bottom with 66.4%.
- Delhi had the second best literacy rate at 88.7%, followed by Uttarakhand at 87.6%, Himachal Pradesh at 86.6% and Assam at 85.9%.
- Rajasthan was the second least performing state after Andhra Pradesh with literacy rate 69.7%. It was followed by Bihar at 70.9%, Telangana at 72.8%, Uttar Pradesh at 73% and Madhya Pradesh at 73.7%.
- The overall literacy rate in India is 77.7%
- The literacy rate in rural areas is 73.5%
- The literacy rate in urban areas is 87.7%
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs launched the fourth edition of Business Reforms Action Plan ranking of states. The rankings are being launched since 2015. The Business Reform Action Plan 2018-19 includes 180 reform points that covers business regulatory areas such as Single Window System.
- As per National Statistical Office (NSO), date, India’s gross domestic product
(GDP) contract by 23.9% in April-June period quarter of 2020.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) launched ‘Agriota’, a new technology-driven Agri-commodity trading and
sourcing e-market platform. The market platform aims to bridge the gap between millions of rural
farmers in India and the Gulf nation’s food industry.
- Efficiency Services Limited announced that it will procure 250 electric Vehicles from Tata Motors and Hyundai Motor India. Highlights The Tata Motors is to supply 150 Nexon electric compact SUVs and the Hyundai Motor India Limited will supply 100 Kona Electric SUVs for government use.
- The Coal India Limited is to invest Rs 1.22 lakh crores to develop 500 projects related to coal evacuation, infrastructure, project development, exploration and clean coal technologies. The investment aims to make India self-reliant in coal. It will also help to achieve production target of 1 billion tonnes by 2023-24.
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs issued draft guidelines on advertisements. The guidelines have been prepared by the Central Consumer Protection Authority under Consumer Protection Act, 2019. Key Highlights of the Guidelines The endorsements of celebrities through blogs, posts and tweet should be based on adequate information or experience with the product.
FINANCE AND BANKING
- As per, “Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments” report, jointly developed by The National
Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)’s and PayPal, the E-commerce market is anticipated to grow from USD 50 Billion (in 2018) to USD 200 billion by 2026. It is expected that the internet user base will grow to 835 million by 2023 from 560 million in 2018.
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) will invest 650 million Euro in the construction of Kanpur city metro line. Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (UPMRC) is the Promoter-Financial intermediary for this project.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced to conduct additional special open market
operations (OMO) involving the simultaneous purchase and sale of Government securities for Rs 20,000
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reviewed the Priority Sector Lending (PSL) Guidelines. In this regard, new categories are included under priority sector for financing viz. start-ups (up to Rs 50 crore); loans to farmers for installation of solar power plants for solarisation of grid connected agriculture pumps and loans for setting up Compressed BioGas (CBG) plants.
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited (ICICI Prudential Life) has introduced an Artificial
intelligence (AI)-powered voice chat-bot, ‘LiGo’, on Google Assistant.
AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
- Sudha Painuli, a vice-principal of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) which is
established under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has been selected for National Award to Teachers 2020.
- David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019. David Attenborough He is an English broadcaster and a historian. He is popular for writing and presenting BBC Natural History unit. He worked to make aware to preserve and protect biodiversity of the planet.
PERSON IN NEWS
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), Government of India (GoI), has approved the
extension of the re-appointment of Pramod Chandra Mody as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes
(CBDT) for 6 months.
- Former President Pranab Kumar Mukherjee (84) passed away after developing a lung infection at the Army’s Research and Referral Hospital, New Delhi, where he was admitted for a Brain Surgery.
- On September 6, 2020, Kesavananda Bharti, the head seer of Edneer Mutt in Kerala since 1961 passed away. He was famous for initiating the historic judgement of Supreme Court that “Basic Structure of Constitution” cannot be amended by the Parliament.
- Every year World Coconut Day is celebrated on September 2. The day is celebrated mostly in the Asia-Pacific region including India. In India, Coconut grows in Kerala, Karnataka, Sundarbans, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. This year, the day is celebrated under the following theme: Invest in Coconut to save the world.
- National Nutrition Week (NNW) is an annual nutrition event observed in India during the First week of September from 1st September to 7th September. The events of NNW are organized by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), Government of India to educate the importance and role of nutrition in the human body.
- India celebrates 5th September of every year as the National Teachers day to honour the roles of teachers in shaping the future of the nation. The day is marked on the birth anniversary of India’s former President Bharat Ratna Awardee, renowned teacher and philosopher Dr. Sarvaepalli Radhakrishnan who was born on 5th September 1888.
- The very first International Day of Clean Air for blue skies is to be held on September 7, 2020.
- Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is set to host the first ever Cycling Summit in 2021 in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- Mercedes team F1 racer Lewis Hamilton has won the Belgian Grand Prix (GP) 2020 at
Belgium. This is his 4th Belgian GP win, with this victory, he claimed his 89th career title.
We hope that this PDF will be helpful in your preparation.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"